The Partridge Family

ABC (ended 1974)

jokipper

The Partridge Family Fan Reviews (15)

• It was a groovy ride.

Like many young girls from the era of the Partridge Family, I tuned in mostly to get my fix of the adorable David Cassidy. (I was also a big fan of his cute brother, Shawn.) However, after discovering this series in DVD, I see more of what a great, ground-breaking show it was. Ahead of it's time, the series featured a single, working mother (Shirley Jones) who agreed to form a band with her five children. That band would become The Partridge Family. The music and the costumes were quite hip for their day, but the show was a balance between the music and the great, funny antics of a normal home life. Danny delivered the classic one-liners that brought David down to earth Both Shirley and Mr. Kincaid brought wonderfully comic performances to their roles. Susan Dey was just starting out, but a fine actor herself whose talents would be more fully focused in later series. It's like taking a trip back in time to watch these DVDs and a pleasant trip at that.