The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show

CBS (ended 1972)

The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show Fan Reviews (3)

• A disgrace to Flintstone fans everywhere

Before I begin I have to say that I don't really like The Flintstones that much. It wasn't terrible, but I don't really care for it, and will never love it like so many others. This spinoff though is so bad it disgraces The Flintstones franchise. The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm Show is about the kids of Barney Rubble, and Fred Flintstone in their teen years, and the adventures they have with their friends and family. The premise reminds me of another bad spinoff that would come a few decades later, Rugrats All Grown Up. I really kept an open mind to this show, but it fails on multiple levels. The characters are all terrible, and are bland. The friends (I can't remember all the names) are boring, and generic like the nerd, and the pretty girl, all of them are stereotypical. Fred and Barney are barely in the show, and the times they were in they don't really offer anything to the plot. Pebbles is more like Fred, a complete moron who does really stupid things that always end getting her and her friends in trouble. Bamm Bamm is a disgrace to the original. He is now weak and can be clobbered easily. Last time I checked Bamm Bamm was very strong, and could life things that were several times his size and weight. How did he go from super strong to super pathetic? The plots are boring, and rehashed stories that have been done already, or stories from The Flintstones itself. There are no funny moments at all in this show at all, and the humor attempted here is pathetic, and feels forced upon. This was just a complete waste of time, and thankfully the show was canceled in a year. Flintstone fans just stick to the original show, and pass up this spinoff.