The Penguins of Madagascar

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Nov 28, 2008 In Season

taker65

The Penguins of Madagascar Fan Reviews (90)

• Horrible.

Before saying anything about this show, I would just like to say that I really like the Madagascar movies, and they are very funny.

ANYWAY.

This is a terrible show! They totally ruined a good movie. The plots are weak and the writing is mediocre, but that's not the only bad thing about this show. It's made a few references to homosexuality as well. I remember one time that king said "I must be dreaming! Pinch me! Slap me and spank my right bottom!" Okay, is THAT appropriate for kids? No, it's not. Even though the show is rated Y7, I know some kids younger than seven watch it. The animation is terrible as well. And who REALLY cares about the penguins?!
  • Overrated.

This show is extremely overrated. Now, I saw the Madagascar movie before the series came out. I wasn't expecting to much, since this was going to be in Nickelodeon. When I saw it, I said to myself "I knew it"

The cartoon is horrible. Even though the series is called "PENGUINS of Madagascar" it has King Jullian (Sorry if I misspelled his name) in it. Jullian literally has to be the most annoying cartoon character in history. He's like 80% of the reason why I think this show is horrible. The drawing/animation is good I'll give you that, but the humor isn't funny one bit. I never laughed at ANY of there jokes. This cartoon is extremely repeative and the soundtrack is horrible also. I think what would have made this show better is if they had the original Madagascar characters in it.

Everytime they turn a classic animated movie into a series it turns out to be garbage, one example is this.
  • This show is nowhere near as great as the movie, in fact it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the movie.

Ever since I was a little kid, Madagascar has been one of my absolute favorite animated movies. I just saw Madagascar 2 last month and thought it was even better than the first. Of course my favorite characters are the penguins, very closely followed by Julien. So you'd think I'd be a fan of this show, right? WRONG! This show lacks everything that made the first two movies great. The witty adult jokes, the appealing characters, the beautiful animation, ALL GONE! It basically has the same kind of stupid crap humor that you find in most modern Nickelodeon shows that's not even funny. And with the exception of Skipper, all of the characters voices are off. Mort's voice in particular sounds like fingernails on a blackboard. As I've mentioned before, the first two movies had beautiful animation, but the animation in this movie is just terrible. The lemurs in particular look very creepy and lifeless. And just what are the lemurs doing at the zoo?! It makes no sense! Maybe I'm not being fair, because I only saw one episode, but for now I absolutely hate this show. If you're a fan of the Madagascar franchise, then I suggest avoid this show at all costs.
  • Has some problems.

A little bit of a disappointment. The first movie was excellent. Full of humor. The second movie was not the best but it was still good. This is real sad. The show had almost a big humorless start compared to the movies. I don't know. It is hard to judge the show with the great movies. Some of the episodes are okay on the other hand. It has some humor with Mort and the other lemurs. The plots are a little dull most of the time.

Overall, it's an okay show. I'm not really a big fan of it, but I'll give it a high F. My opinion of it will probably soon go up if it improves with more humor.
  • I love the Madagascar movies and shorts, and I liked the penguins, but this spin off was just uncalled for.

3.5
    I love the Madagascar movies and consider them to be instant classics. The songs were good, the humor was great, and the story was great. Now did it ever need a spin off at all? Not only that, but it stars the penguins. Now I loved the penguins in the movies and found them to be great characters, but I don't think they needed a spin off show. In The Penguins of Madagascar, it takes place at the zoo where the first movie started at. The penguins are Skipper, leader of the group and calls the shots. Kowalski, the brains of the group. Rico, the insane penguin who loves explosions. Finally Private, the youngest of the group and least experienced. The penguins try to maintain the order in the zoo, but King Julien from the movies comes in and causes friction to the order. The penguins get into adventures with some of the zoo animals and try to control Julien. Idea wise, the show sounds good, but upon seeing it you will think otherwise. The show is another one of those CGI cartoons, but at least the CGI looks good in this show. Characters look good, the lip syncs are on cue, and the animation is smooth. The stories themselves are decent, but most of them are rehashes of stories done before with little or no creativity added to them. As for humor, it's OK, but not the best. The penguins usually got some laughs out of me here and there, and the other characters were boring and unfunny. Speaking of characters, most of them are uninteresting. The penguins were still great like in the movie, but Julien is annoying. In the movies, Julien was a bit annoying and very funny. In the show it's now very annoying and is not funny at all. I also did not like Mort or Marlene, they came off as either annoying and unfunny as well. AS for Maurice, he was good and the only tolerable side character. I also have to wonder one thing. Where is Gloria, Alex, Marty, and Melman? We never see them or hear them, and they are never mentioned at all. Did the producers forget the stars of the movies? The least they could have done is made them have cameo appearances. I suppose you could get away with the actors for the animals were too busy with other stuff to do voice work, but they could have just been put in there and not say anything at all. In the end, this was just a cheap way to cash in on one of Dreamwork's movie franchises and it doesn't do the Madagascar movies a lot of justice. Pass this series up and just go see Madagascar 1 and 2, and the shorts based on the movie instead.
  • just bad.... just... ugh...

Do i need to say more?
  • Not as good as the origanal Madagascar

I watched this show when my brother showed it to me one day, this show has mild humor and the humor isn't that good, also King Julien does'nt make that good of jokes plus, they should'nt changed Morice's voice. His old voice was much better, also the same for Private's. And where's Marty, Alex, Melman, and Gloria? They would make this show better! I'd also like to mention what happen to Rico? He look crazy in this show when he look like a normal Penguin in the first movie. I'd also like to notice that a Kung Fu Panda show will also be made on Nick. Lets hope that show is better.
  • I liked the movie more...no offense.

I think Madagascar was a great movie, but I was really let down with this show.

I liked the penguins in the movie, but I liked the main four waaaay better. I thought the penguins were also too overrated, and with this show, I was right.

The characters are unlikeable, and the humor is bland. I expected more from Dreamworks. Why couldn't they make a Shrek cartoon instead? Then again, why are there Dreamworks shows on Nick anyway?

Well, all I'm saying is, this show puts me to sleep. If I can't sleep at night, I'd watch this show and I'd be out cold.

I'm giving it a 3, because there are WAY worse shows on Nick...and I just can't type today. It's Monday, and someone said already what I wanted to say.
  • Put me to sleep

I think Madagascar was a great movie, but I was really let down with this show.

I'm giving it a 3, because there are WAY worse shows on Nick
  • why?

why did they make a tv show about the penguins? I mean yeah they was my favorite character but the show is lame! I don't even watch Nick any more because of shows like this! no offense to anyone who likes this show but i think they should have just left it at the movie. I didn't even like the second movie that much! I just don't like it...sorry. WoW! this as to be 100 hundred words! thats stupid! I mean why do you need that. I think I made my point. yay! 93 words! almost there! yay! 100 words! well bye
  • WHY IS THIS DAMN STUPSDD SHPOW STILL RUNNIGN?!

I hate it. It's not 90s. I hate it.
  • I don't know why, but I just don't find this show so appealing.

I watched this show when it premiered on Nick. After the first episode, I just did not find this show so appealing. I don't know maybe I am just too old for this show. Anyways, this show stars the four penguins from the Madagascar movies in the Central Park Zoo. The penguins go on these cool adventures to save the world etc. I am not really into the Madagascar series, maybe if I was I probably would give this show a higher score. I really do not have much to say for all of you, so have a nice day.-ffmotorsports51
  • It's not as good as I expected it and it's not horrible, but it's still a decent show.

So it comes to this, a spin off from the Madagascar Movies with the four penguins as the major characters. If you only saw them on the madagascar movies, "You didn't see anything!"(Kowalski).The two chimpanzees (Mason and Phil), and the three lemurs (Julien, Maurice and Mort) are there from the Madagascar movies also. Private is my favorite character (don't kill me!). Needle Point is my favorite episode so far. Well it's not as good as the older Nicktoons but it's still decent. Hopefully it doesn't go downhill like The Fairly Odd Parents, Sponge Bob, or (ugh!) The Rugrats. This is a friendly show, but I give it a 6 because it has only 20 episodes so far, if it airs more, I will give it a real rating.
  • DOWNLOAD NOW

I hope that you be careful with the links above and below me, they just spread the virus by giving a false link,

if you want to download this film, you can download it here

you can watch it instantly without having to download, so you do not

have to be afraid of your computer got a virus...
  • Impressive....

Based after the animated movies "Madagascar", and "Madagascar Escape 2 Africa", comes the T.V. show based after the penguins, and of course the lemurs. In addition, they have whipped up brand new characters such as the sewer rats, Roger the alligator, Joey the Kangaroo, and of course, Marlene the otter. The characterists have all been boosted up and new ideas have been added that you have not seen in the movie. For one, King Julien's feet are considered "royal", Morris the lemur has had his animation re-designed, and all of the penguins have new voices, except for Skipper.

The humor is smart, and has jokes for anyone to enjoy. Overall, this is a great show and I hope it stays on the air for quite some time.

P.S. - Favorite character is Mort the Lemur. So cute!
  • Download Now

if you want to download this film, you can download it here

you can watch it instantly without having to download, so you do not

have to be afraid of your computer got a virus...
  • Okay, but not perfect

5.5
    The show is not something new Nick came up with. Most of the characters came from the first Madagascar film so you dont really see a lot of originality in the character development. Next, we do the plots and jokes. The plots do seem to try to be good, which I did feel from watching, but however they seemed to feel detatched as I watched it at several moments of the show. The jokes also dont really seem to give me a laugh. They make me smile, but dont make me laugh. Of course, common sence at the zoo does`nt exist sometimes which makes outragous perdicimants get even more crazy. This show was enjoyable but I barley found any episodes that had a rewatch value to it. Still, if the show aired for a few years I would`nt mind.
  • Was great at Season 1, but afterwards it went downhill.

In it's first few episodes, the show was pretty good, it was fun to watch, the writing was well done, there were laughs to be had, and the CGI animation actually looked pretty good. But once Season 2 came, it seems as though it took a nose dive. The stories turned from the Penguins spy adventures to stories relating too much about them helping the other zoo animals with stupid stuff. The humor also took a turn for the worst, more forced jokes, annoying subplots and weak episodes were commonplace until the series finally got the boot.

All in all, it was one of the only Dreamworks made for TV series on Nick that I actually liked. The rest just plain sucked.
  • It was cute when it began, but it's really starting to become a bore fest for me.

When I first watched the two Madagascar movies, I was immediately impressed with them. They had good plots, great humor, nice animation, and memorable characters. But when I heard a spin-off was coming to Nick, I wasn't really happy. When I first watched the show, it was pretty good. The humor was good, the plots were decent, and the characters. But I noticed that the show was dropping in quality until it came to a point where it became a mediocre show. The show is done in CGI, but at least it's done pretty well, although at some points it felt kind of rough. There are three problems I currently have with this show. The first should be pretty obvious. The lemurs. Morice is OK, but Mort is annoying, stupid, and unfunny. As for King Julian, he is really a pain in the butt. In the movies, he was a little annoying, but he was a likable character. Now he is really annoying, unfunny, and completely unlikable. The second I have with this show is the fact that WAY too many episode focus on Private. I mean, I'm not kidding when I say that 60% of the episodes focus on Private. Speaking of Private, he's OK, but he's just too overrated. The last problem I have is how boring this show is now. The plots come off as weak or rehashed, and the humor is really starting to bore the heck out of me. As for the other characters, I don't mind them much and they are good additions to the show.

Overall, this show did begin well, then it became a snooze fest for me. The plots are really getting desperate, and the humor is just really hard to laugh at. I am giving it a 6.5, because there are way worse shows on Nick.

Presentation: 7.5/10 The idea does sound good, but some of the plots are rather weak or come off as predictable.

Animation: 8.5/10 The CGI looks great, and the animation is well done, but some of it is done roughly.

Voice: 9/10 The lip syncs are on cue, and most of the voices are done pretty nicely. Although some are rather annoying.

Entertainment: 6/10 The humor did start off good, but in the end, it all comes off as stale and bland.

Lasting Appeal: 4.5/10 The show does look good at first, but how boring it is makes you want to look for something else.

FINAL SCORE:6.5/10 Fair
  • Go Penguins!

I have always loved madagascar
    The First Movie
    And
    The second movie.
    And now finally they have made a show about it! Well, About some characters. The peguins of madagascar is a clever and funny cartoon comedy simalar to spongebob and other nickolodean shows. First of all, This show started off perfectly! The drawings have never changed, And the theme (Madagascar) Has never changed. Second of all, The show KEPT getting funnier! It started off like an aucual life story, Then turned into a cartoon Comedy! Third of all, I just enjoy watching the show! I love TONS of nickolodean shows, But this is one of my all time favourites!
  • Awesome Show with Clever Plots!

I have to say this is in one of my top favorite shows at the moment. Everything is great. The animation is great, the show is really, really cute, and the storylines are top noch including stuff you would never think of on an average day. First of all, people are saying that this show should have characters like the Zebra and Lion in this show. This show is about the PENGUINS not the Zebra and Lion. Like I said, the storylines are great as well. A lot better than Fanboy and Chum Chum. Ugh. The characters are all hilarious. I liked how they changed the voices of the characters. It fits them better. And Mort is hilarious still as well in this show. The only character that gets on my nerves in Marlene. She is...wow. She is really annoying.

So overall, this show is hilarious.
  • VERY VERY MEH

Honestly I stopped watching this show years ago, and to be honest, its not horrible its just a predicable animated show and it doesn't really deliver good humor. Its a massive hit and miss show :/
  • Better than Fanboy and Chum Chum.

Not great but better.
  • The novelty of watching the Penguins is enough.

Let me start off by saying the first Madagascar movie was only decent. The second one was better though, and the third one was actually pretty good. All three movies I went into hoping for a fun showcase of those cute and cuddly penguins, and they delivered. And when this show came out, I was pleasantly surprised. After watching the show, I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the systematic antics of the Penguins were still there, but most of the supporting cast delivered as well. To be quite frank though, King Julien straight off pisses me off. He's supposed to, but I felt like I could at least tolerate him in the movies. His gimmick of kicking Mort is way overdone. I also didn't like that zookeeper Alice, she only exists for the sake of a recurring antagonist, and nothing else. However, I came to see some cute Penguin action, and what I got was a decent supporting cast as well. Overall, I really do like this show and recommend it to any viewers familiar with the Penguins. GRADE: A-
  • The best recent Nicktoon On Right now

The Penguins of Madagascar is very enjoyable, has very clever plots and is actually really funny. It's a rare case that the show is just as good, (and probably better) then the movie it was based on.
  • This is a very comical show that has great potencial to become a big hit.

This show is very funny, and is very enjoyable to watch. All of the characters have their own personalities which makes the characters more able to relate to. The episodes are intresting, and all have a story to them. There is alos a hint that there is a larger story that is developing in the episodes. The show is comical because of the reactions of the penguins to regular ordinary happenings, and the fact that Mort is always getting hurt, but always ends up fine. The voices of the characters are also very close to that of the characters in the movies. This is a great show, and hopefully will contine to be good.
  • AWESOME!!!

This show is awesome. The penguins actually get a TV show. Good thing too because we get to see even more of their awesome and sneaky action stunts. A better reason to be exited is because this show may even eliminate all the other crud that has been shown on Nickelodeon. (Hopefully The Mighty Bee.) However I have also seen better. Then again, we have all seen worse too you know. I'm not gonna point fingers though. COUGH Mighty Bee COUGH COUGH... Anyway this is a great show, I hope it lasts for a very long time and congrats to Dream Works.
  • I'll Just start with this; I'm Obsessed!

As you can tell by the title, This Nickelodeon show stars the four "insane" penguins. Skipper, The Paranoid maniac. Kowalski, the "mad scientist" Rico "The Truly Psychotic" demolition expert. And Private, the down to earth one. The Lemurs are back (Julien, Maurice, And Mort) A new character has been added called Marlene (an Asian otter) Due to their lower budget and time to make the episodes, (compared to the movie) The CGI animation, while not as good as the movie, is still one of the best on Nick. The plots to each episodes always seems to make me laugh. (Loudly) While I see some repetitive in some episodes, (Mostly episodes that star/Co-star King Julien) most are original and fresh. Unlike most new Spongebob episodes we get these days.

Some of the voice acting is very different, (EX. Kowalski, Mort) but is still very good acting never less. I adore a lot abut this show, but one thing I hate, Is Mort. His character, is, how to I put this without swearing? He is the bane of my happiness, of my peace. If I made a list, Of the top ten thing I hate in this world. (And I am not exaggerating, In front of all of the murder and war, and racism corrupting our planet,) Mort would be number one!

All in all it's a great show with qualities that can pull this show for lasting years.

9.5/10 - Superb
  • I'll Just start with this; I'm Obsessed!

9.5/10 - Superb
  • looks really good....

i havent seen the Madagascar movies but i did happen to catch the sneak peek of 'The Penguins of Madagascar' & i found myself laughing all the way through=] i hope Nick keeps this show for a long time cuz i think it'll be a success! the jokes that i heard from the sneak peek were funny & original. this show definately makes up for the crud that's on Nick now *coughMightyBcough* i'd recommend this to anybody who likes the Madagascar movies. personally, i think 'The Penguins of Madagascar' is gonna save Nick from goin down the tubes. bye bye!
< 1 2 3