The Penguins of Madagascar

Saturday 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon Premiered Nov 28, 2008 In Season

taker65

The Penguins of Madagascar Fan Reviews (86)

• I LOVE this show!!!!!

This is one of the most enjoyable shows that I ever watched on Nickelodeon. I've always loved the Madagascar movies and they happen to be one of my favorite Dreamworks movies of all time. I just don't like that there isn't the same voice actor for Kowalski and a couple more characters in this show. When this show first aired, I got used to Kowalski's voice after two or three months. If you compare Kowalski's voice from the "Madagascar" movies to "The Penguins of Madagascar", you'll see what I mean. I love all of the characters in this show except sometimes I don't like King Julien in this show. He just seems to be more of a jerk sometimes but in the Madagascar movies, King Julien is hilarious and really isn't a jerk at all. I like King Julien more in the "Madagascar" movies. I thought the spin-off of the Madagascar movies was such a brilliant idea. It's better than that spin-off from "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" called "Planet Sheen". The animation is also really good and most of the storylines are really good. Overall, I love the penguins and that's why this show is one of my favorite shows on "Nickelodeon". 10/10
  • No summary needed.

This show is one of the reasons why I regained faith in Nickelodeon, which I thought would never happen due to all of the teen reality shows.

I really like this show for its quality, characters, and most of all for it's humor (there a far worst things than a little bit of adult humor). I really like Skipper, leader of the penguins for those who haven't seen this show, yet, because he is more coolheaded and comedic than the rest of the characters in the show. I really hope that Nick will continue making episodes for a long time to come. Overall, this show is fun to watch, regardless of the age level.
  • I love Penguins!

Based on the hit Madagascar family films, it follows the lovable penguins in the Central Park Zoo, handling missions, and avoiding the lemurs.

All the penguins have their own unique personalities from serious and cunning (Skipper), scientific and fearful (Kowalski), lovable and optimistic (Private), or crazy and psychotic (Rico).

The main lemur King Julien can get kind of annoying, but you'll get used to it. Maurice is loyal to Julien but is tired of his demands. Mort (the cutest thing EVAR!!!) loves King Julien more than anything else except for his feet, which he loves even more.

There's even more characters like an otter named Marlene who thinks the Penguins commando goes way too far, and others that have interesting personalites, and sometimes cravings like peanuts and bannanas.

Overall, this is worth watching, and is perfect to watch anytime like TUFF Puppy and Spongebob. But there's one that isn't good at anytime. Two to be exact. Coming soon!

• Actually pretty good!

I know this could never replace Madagascar, but it is a good sub. I like the newest character, Marlene. When I first saw the commercial for this I knew I wasn't going to like it, but I was wrong. Even though the animation is complete crap, and some of the original VA are missing, it's still a good show. It can be funny in some parts, and very sweet in others. and the theme song is AWESOME. Nickelodeon, you've done something right, here's to you penguins! Oh, before I go, I just want to say "Cute and Cudely guys, cute and cudely" lol
  • It's too early to tell if this show will be a success or not, but so far it's promising.

After all the garbage Nick's been putting out lately, it looks like we finally might have a show worth talking about. Only a couple of episodes have aired so far, but I like it.

I think the main thing this show has going for it is characters. Most shows seem to rely mainly on one or two good ones and the rest are quite bland, but I find this show to have an all-around enjoyable cast. My favorite character is King Julien, he's just so, cooky. But I also like Rico, he's cute and randomly hillarious! (BUTTONS!!!)

It is somewhat dissapointing the four main characters from the movie aren't in this show (Melman would of been awesome!) but I guess they have enough attention in the films, the show is more so for the other characters to shine.

The episodes so far have been pretty funny, though I must admit I haven't seen anything too stunning yet. That's why the show only gets an 8.

Still, I fell this could be the next big Nicktoon. And hey, most show's don't really start picking up until later on, and this show certainly has a while to progress, there are currently 52 episodes ordered.

All in all, pretty cool show that has some extreme promise. I hope to see how it goes in the future.
  • Best show on Nick!

They got this one right (which is rare). A show that's good for the kids and the adults! Much more enjoyable then the movies, I'm waiting for a spin-off movie with just the Penguins. When I put the movie on I find myself disappointed that some of the voices for the series aren't in the movie, which I would love to see I think the series cast do a much better job then the movie voices. I'm a fan of the old Loony Toons and I rate them up there with them, and anyone that I know who likes the old Loony Toons also loves the Penguins series. I believe that is because there is humor for the kids and also humor that only an adult would get, a great combination.
  • Wowza!

This is one heck of a great show! Considering it's a spin-off of my favourite movie, I love it! Funny how I hated Madagascar 2, but I'm in love with this! The 4 lovable penguins from the hit Dreamworks film are back in their own show, with Mort, Maurice & King Julien as well. Although, I'm not sure how they got out of Africa. :P The episodes are well written, funny & are as brilliant as Madagascar 1 penguins. They haven't changed at all. If you've watched Madagascar and you're not sure about this, watch it. If you like this, and haven't seen Madagascar 1, go rent it now. Or buy it for cheap from some shop. You will not be disappointed.
  • The show is very entertaining!

At first I was skeptical and losing faith in Nickelodeon in terms of thinking they are running out of ideas just because they took characters from a popular movie series and made it a TV series. Well, I was watching it and I was surprised...I actually like it..enough to have it as one of my favorites! I like the idea of penguins as top secret agent commandos while disguising as innocent, cute and cuddly penguins smiling and waving to the human visitors. All four penguins are fascinating with individual roles and personalities. The show however wouldn't be really complete without the new neighbors the lemurs. The lemurs like starting trouble and are cooky and good rivals for the penguins. The new Ms. Independent otter Marlene is a good addition too. Although I wouldn't take every action and every word King Julien too seriously like: "OH MY GOSH HE'S GAY Who knows and who cares if he is or isn't? Just either enjoy the show or change the channel. Kids don't pay attention to details like that anyway. Remember that same issue with Spongebob? I also wouldn't compare with the show and the movie Madagascar 1 and 2 with the animation and voices. As I mentioned before, enjoy the show as it is or change the channel. The show is humorous and a good family show. It also has it's sweet moments like how the characters interact like for example: The penguins show that they are not just an elite force, they're best friends close enough to be like family. So there you have it. It's a great series and I hope that this show will last long and successfully.
  • This is a very good show on Nickelodeon!

The Penguins of Madagascar truly is an entertaining and unique show, and best of all, it's animation! It's definitely great to see a good animation show in this new generation, one with some acceptable and good art colorings and styles, and it is also more cool and life-like when it is in 3-D animation! So yeah, I think all of the characters do great in the show, and it's nice to have a tv series to carry on the fame and fortune the first two Madagascar movies brought to viewers in movie theaters to many areas! I also think this show can be funny, and one of the few savior shows that Nick still has that is currently airing and has more new episodes in production. It's cool and fun seeing Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico go on more cool adventures together around the zoo in Manhattan! We also get to see a new character in this show, her name is Marlene and she is an Otter! King Julien and Maurice and Mort are also still hanging around to bring on more good comedy and entertainment to the show! All of these characters play special key roles in The Penguins of Madagascar, and each episode has some interesting and different plots that will want you to keep coming back for more! This can be another good animated tv show the whole family can enjoy, just like SpongeBob! The Penguins of Madagascar in my opinion is fun and can be an enjoyable batch of quality entertainment!
  • So far, I love it! Bottom line: My new best friend

This show is amazing! I really think this show is a good idea! A show staring the penguins from the madagascar movie. I love these guys! They`re so funny! This show is tied with spongebob! It is that good! Every time it comes on, I sit down and watch it. The episode titles are catchy, the plots are good, and the humor isn`t too bad either. If you agree with me, click the green thumbs up. If you disagree, click the red thumbs down. This show is very new, but so far, it is going uphill, and it is a dead tie with spongebob on my favorite shows list. This is one of my new favorite shows!
  • One of the better cartoons as of late

When I first heard that the penguins were getting there own show, I thought why would Dream Works do this? However, I was kinda looking forward to it because I loved the Penguins in Madagascar. Now as I am actually watching the series, I gotta say that it kinda took me by surprise but I have a bad feeling that this series will quickly run out of ideas. I mean most of the ideas they are using right now looks like last minute put together ideas. but it doesn't matter right now. right now i'm enjoying those last minute ideas and i hope this show goes on for a while and doesn't jump the shark.
  • Okay I have to say the Prequel Episode was awsome the movie Madagascar...

... was awsome, this should be awsome also! Wow if this series is going to be great! Who thought of this? Was it a Dreamworks person who went to Nickeldeon studio in LA or there Signal Buliding in New York, NY and then amde a deal to post a series on Nick? By the way was it the creator of Madagascar anyway? I don't know but still who thought it would make a series! Okay Daily Fix this because I need to know more about this show. I hear it has a alternate name but you can probably find out later!
  • This show is really entertaining and funny!

This show turned better then I expected. It's real entertaining. My fav. charecters are Private and Mort. Mort is SO cute! His voice actor must be really teleted with a really sqeaky high voice like that. His obsession with feet is cute, heck evreything he does is cute. It's hard to imagine Mort and Maurice are lemurs, but if they're not lemurs, what are they? Julien is like Kuzo from the Empour's new School/Groove, very selfish and always thinking of themselves! If a cartoon parody was made, Julien will be perfect playing Kuzo! I like Private because he's the youngest and the cutest out of the bunch. Skipper has all of the qualities of a good leader! If you loved the penguins from Madgascar, then you will love The Penguins of Madigascar!
  • This will have you laughing on floor!

The Penguins leave to New York where they go back to Central Park Zoo. Now four penguins help the zoos inhabitants whether they need Popcorn or someones stuck in a camera they will be there. I got say this show is hillarious and one of the first series based on movie to actually work. It seems all the parts fit together perfectly and we don't get something like Madagascar 2 we get something completly original. I reckon if you like Madagascar the movie and don't want to watch a sequel then check this out. This is everything the sequel should of been.
  • It was a GENIUS idea.

This show is one of my favorites. For one reason it's one of my favorites is that it involves the Penguins from the Madagascar movies(Kowalski being my favorite penguin), and of course, the lemurs(The Penguins' rival, and my favorite lemur is Mort.)! Not to mention that since they're back at the zoo, there's a bunch of new characters (Like koalas,kangaroos, and eleephants,etc.) So, i'd reccomend this show to anyone (Just not like i reccomend Fish Hooks.)!

9/10 A- Great show, great idea,great characters,etc. Waddle on over to this show and give it a go! It's one unique show.

See You Next Time!
  • Perfection

This show is tied with SpongeBob for my #1 favorite show. By the rating it has here, I can see others share my opinion on how good it is.
  • Awesome show, I'm more glad I can be it's editor.

Nick finally gives us a good new cartoon show after so long. This is a fantastic and hilarious show, and even though the movies are a little better, I started to like the show even before watching the Madagascar movies. I love the characters of this show. The penguins are amazing I like Skipper, he makes a great leader. Kowalski is good too, but my favorite is private, I love his accent and his innocence because he is the youngest. And finally, Rico, the crazy one, I love the running gag of him spitting totally random objects up! Lol
    Some people don't like the lemurs, but I love them too. King Julien is awesome on his own awesomeness. Maurice is good too because he has to be the only character that is somewhat mentally sane. But my favorite is the cute and adorable Mort!

The only problem I could see about this show is that it will be hard to find episode ideas for, I think that the writers will struggle in the future. I hope not because I'm hoping it to run for a couple years.
  • funny

this show is really funny. My fav penguin is all 4 of them becuase they are all so funny!!! i wonder if julien really is a king???? Anyways im watching the show write now it just made me laugh of how he was dancing. i wonder why morice even follows julien. the episode im wacthing right now is called " Penguinner Takes All." The episode thats coming up next is that Rico didn't swallow up some earmuffs for skipper wicth the episode is called "Assault and Batteries." i like these shows because they are funny and they like to help people. I think this show is the best new show ever(i think cause i haven't seen any other new show)So as i was saying this show is really funny!
  • This show is about five penguins who are secret agents.

This show is great the graphics are outstanding and its great because if you loved the movies this show is great for you. Incredibly funny and cool show with funny humor and characters. What is also good is that all the voices from the movies are the same not cheap knock off voices that don't even sound like the characters. What is also good is that all the episodes are funny not just one or to all of them are amusing. So basically great show, funny and good ideas for episodes so go on watch it and you would have laughed your socked off at the end of any of the episodes.
  • Good but not Perfect

The co-stars of the 2005 film Madagascar, the 2005 short film The Madagascar Penguins in: A Christmas Caper and the 2008 film Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa are set to dress up the small screen as spies in this Nickelodeon series. Four confused penguins named Skipper (the leader of the group), Kowalski (the smartest of the group), Private (the youngest of the group) and Rico (the craziest of the group) continue there epic journey and embark new adventures. They live at Central Park Zoo of the busy streets of New York; they also try to keep their multi species happy. But one day a party animal moves next door named Julien King of the Lemurs, and now all is not normal.
    The show is produced by DreamWorks Animation

My Overall 8.5/10 85 % Good but not awesome...
  • A hillarious show. I love it. Favorite character? Definately Koalski.

The best new show Nick's come out with since El Tigre. It keeps all the hillarity of the orriginal Madagascar movies, with lots more character developement and new jokes. Watch as the Penguins and Lemurs turn the zoo upside-down, and explore the surrounding NYC. Koalski is deffinately my favorite character, but I also really like Skipper, the monkeys, and of course, King Julian! I recomend this show to everyone who loved the Madagascar movies, or likes slapstic and wordplay humor. It's nice that Nick has finally come out with a new show that is not hit-and-miss, which hasn't happend for a while.
  • Suprisingly Good

I went into this show expecting a train wreck like "Kung Fu Panda: Ledgends of Awesomeness" but instead I found a genuinley funny spin off. It's not hilarious, but it's much funnier than I expected! Worth a watch.
  • Just smile and wave boys just smile and wave

This is an awesome show based on a funny movie It's nice to see that the penguins got their own show You just gotta love those penguins Skipper is the leader Kowalski is the smart one Private is the youngest one and Rico is the one with the tools that come out of his mouth I'm glad the lemurs are there too King Julien is as funny and lovable as he was in the movie and Mort is just as adorable Maurice is a great character too he's like the only sane man of the lemur group There's also a new character called Marlene who I also like I just love this show The movie was great and so is this show
  • i cant wait!

well i loved the movie madagascar, and a new one is coming out this november. the penguins were totaly awesome in the movie and penguns are my fav animal so i was unbelievably excited to here that they were making a spin off of the movie. sadly i missed the first sneak peek, but i cant wait to see the show. someone please mail me the airing date. i also have a forum topic on this show. well, im sure this show will have somewhat stupid humor but actiony and cool at the same time, just how i like shows. plz view my profile and comment on the blogs!
  • This show has started out with interesting episodes and characters. Hopefully it will keep running for at least two seasons.

One major problem with this show is that it is hard to think of origional ideas for it. Already it seems that the creators may be struggling to think of new ideas. But the show itself is great. I was never a huge fan of the movies, so I was suprised when I discovered I like this show.
    The penguins are all great, but King Julien and Mort can get very annoying at times (Maurice is great). Mort in particular has a very annoying voice, so it is good that he almost never gets more than a few words per episode. All in all, I think that this is a great series, but it will be hard-pressed to think of new ideas, especially plots that have not already been used by other shows.
  • Cute show packed with smart humor!

When they first announced late in 2009 close to the Holiday season that they were making a "Penguins of Madagascar" TV show, I thought it would be awful just like most people thought. But boy was I shocked. The show first of all has characters all full of potential. Mort the Lemur is cute, King Julien is bossy and self-centered, and Maurice is the humble right hand man to King Julien. The other characters including the Penguins themselves come along nicely in this show. The missions the Penguins do in certain episodes are brilliant, and I love watching almost every episode of this show. The humor this show provides also is very good. There is some more older humor in this show such as Skipper trying to hack a security system by playing Poker on the computer. The show has also featured 2 special's so far including Dr. Blowhole and the Lost Treasure of the Golden Squirrel.
  • This is a really good show!

I think this is a really good show. It is nice to see a show about The Madagascar characters. The Penguins are so funny! Also, they are the main characters, which is why they are funny. I wonder what else will happen in this show? But overall, really good. I also like how it takes place in a zoo, because you get to see alot of animals. There are not many humans, but they do show some people watching the animals. But then again, it is a show about Penguin lol. But still, that explains why there is not many humans. Still, a good show.
  • Nice show.

It is funny and have watched it for a couple years. Some bad episodes but overall a good show.

• Nickelodeon finally created a truly good spinoff to the movie, "Madagascar."

"Penguins of Madagascar" is a spinoff show of the movie "Madagascar." It is about these four penguins: Skipper, Private, Kowalski, and Rico who are in the New york Zoo who do different missions, often caused by King Julien the Lemur. This show has had its ups and downs, but the acting is quite decent. The animation is pretty good, but does need a little improvement.
    With the decent acting and the good plot, I would rate this show a

Score 7.5: Good. A passable grade.

• Its not good and its not bad..

Pretty funny. But of course sometimes its just pointless...
< 1 2 3