How do ge on one of hese cout shows?

ramblinpete32

[1]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 1

I have a story that really needs to be shared with everybody ... espeacially anyone who rents from Virtual Home Realty in Palm Coast Fl. This is no longer about the money, it is about people knowing the truth and justice finally being rectified for my wife and I .

I will try to explain our problem as briefly as possible. We moved into a rental house in Palm Coast on 2/15/08 and gave Virtual Homes Realty a check for $1825. This included $375 pro rated rent for th remainder of February, $600 refundable pet deposit and $850 security deposit. The realtor told us that the house needed to be painted but we agreed to move in as is if the rent was reduced from $800per month to $750 per month. Unfortunately my husband and I lost our jobs during April and May of '08 and we fell one month behind with our rent. My husband went to the Virtual Homes Realty office to explain the situation and Kelly told him that they understood and that Virtual Homes would give us some time to catch up on the rent. During this time on several occasions people came to the property to view it as they were interested in renting it. After telling us that they understood and would give us time to catch up on the rent, Virtual Homes had listed the property for rent in the local news paper. Then on June 11th we received a three day eviction notice in the mail which stated that we owed $850. ($750 late rent and $100 late fee).On this notice it is indicated that it was posted on the premises on June 9th and that we had to vacate by June 12th. We have the envelope which the eviction arrived in dated June 10th. On June 21st my husband went to the Virtual Homes office and signed over his $600 government stimulus check as part payment which left us owing $250. On June 26th we received in the mail another three day eviction notice dated June 6th stating that we still owed $850 and that we had to leave the premises by June 11th. It states on this notice that it was posted on the premises on June 6th. On June 26th we received by mail an eviction summons dated June 23rd. As stated on this eviction, within five day of receipt we mailed a letter to th Flagler County Courthouse explaining why we should not be evicted. We also sent them two checks, one for $250 which included the remaining $150 rent for June and the $100 late fee. The other was for $375 which was rent for the first two weeks of July.My husband had just started a new job and we had to wait on his first paycheck to pay the rest of the rent for July. On July 1st the sheriff handed us another eviction summons at the premises along with a complaint for eviction which stated that we still owed $750. As I explained earlier, $600 was paid to Virtual Homes on June 21st and the remaining $250 was sent to the courthouse on June 28th so when the sheriff handed us the eviction we were paid up and two weeks ahead with the rent. Virtual Homes Realty failed to notify the court of this and we were not allowed to even go to court to prove this. On July 9th we received a phone call from the courthouse telling us that we were supposed to sent checks to Virtual Homes Realty and not to the courthouse, (even though it is clearly stated on the eviction summons that we were to send them to the courthouse). We were told that the checks would be returned to us but they never were. On July 10th we mailed a letter to Virtual Homes explaining this, along with a check for $625 which included the $250 owed and the $375 rent for the first half of July. We also explained that my husband was working again and that they would receive the remaining $375 rent for July on Jul;y 18th and the $100 late fee on July 25th. Long story short, we were forced to move out on August 7th. Since then we have been forced to live in a plywood shack in the woods, in a car for two and a half months (donated by a church) and in a tent in the Ocala National Forest for three months. We have had to sell most of our possession to survive and we are now living in a 35ft trailer. My husband has worked a couple of temporary jobs but I have not been able to find work. As a direct result of the lies told by Virtual Homes Realty our credit has been trashed and we had to live out of food pantries for three months. We now live on my husband's $800 per month unemployment and food stamps. We are not even able to pay the fee to file a small claim for the $1450 deposit that was not returned to us and Virtual Homes are still harassing us for $8,719.54. If there is any justice in this country we should at least get our deposit back. We still have the proof necessary to prove that Virtual Homes Realty wrongfully evicted us through perjury and stole our money. If you are able to help us in any way we will be VERY grateful. Please do not hesitate to call us at 904 797 4818 or emal me at ramblinpet3@netzero.net, use "COURT" in subject line.

Sincerely,

Peter Sisco

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DeeJayCrystal

[2]Jan 18, 2012
    if you figured out how to get on the show I would like to apply myself..can you help me?

KathleenMoore

[3]Jun 15, 2012

take them tosmall claims court and sue them that how you get on the court show