The People's Court

Premiered Sep 12, 1981 In Season

The People's Court Fan Reviews (61)

7.4
  • Jugde Millan

You are beautiful inside and out! Very humble, fair, and a blessing to all. Thank you. Gwen Holloman
  • Please broadcast twice

Judge Milian

I love your show. You are the best at what you do, compared to the other judges on television. You have a fantastic sense of humor. You give your plaintiffs and defendants respect. I applaud you. You are a down-to-earth judge. I have learned so much from you. I have been taken to court twice, and I have taken one person to court. I won all three cases because I listen to what you said, Thank you.

I'll get to the point. Is there a way you could broadcast twice a day, in Grand Rapids Michigan. If that is not possible you could you broadcast at least once during the weekend. I would love to see your show in person. One day my wife and I will beyond your audience. Most of the time, I don't let my wife or anyone talk while I watch your program. Please don't retire anytime soon I hope you're on for at least another 20 or 30 years. have a blessed day.

I look forward to seeing you.

Mark F of Grand Rapids, Michigan

• Sad to see him go

What a sad day today, Joseph Albert Wapner former judge of The People's Court passed away today. Here's a video I thought was interesting: 7g
  • TOO MUCH SCREWAMING!

I love the show, but have been turning off lately! Judge Milian rarely yelled, then she would, rarely, yell at a Party in the case because of something outrageous. This past year, she yells and screams all the time, and its ridiculous! Cant stand it!
  • Just a screaming mess.

3.5
    I've watched this show from time to time. I am getting to the point of not bothering anymore. I did some researching and found out the truth about these 'court' shows. It's all smoke and mirrors. Some of these cases are pure fiction and made up for 'entertainment purposes' by the producer's of the show. This show as well as Judge (Dread) Judy and Greg Mathis are all made from the same cloth. I will say Judge Mathis composes himself much better than the other lunatics. My issue with this particular show is that 'Judge'(lol) Milian is a screaming lunatic. She screams at the top of her lungs at the litigants, belittles them, and shows her hatred towards men like a badge of honor. I couldn't imagine being married to this woman. Her voice and her flipping off the handle would make me sleep with one eye open and both ears covered with voice cancelling headphones. I will say though that getting rid of that little smug SOB Kirk was a welcomed change. Good to see Doug back after all these years. My rating is low because Millian is just annoying the crap out of me and the show is fake.
  • Idiot judge!

I stopped watching her show because she is a man hating bad judge who ignores the law. I hope someone sues her in real court and she looses her license to practice. She hates white men and landlords. She should be fired. I would never agree to go on this dumb show.
  • Confederate Flag

Very poor taste to acknowledge Confederate Flag Tatoo on a recent show. Isn't your audience mostly BLACK? What's your point.
  • Whats with all of the Wigs!??

Attn: Peoples Court Staff: WHY do most of the people on your show wear wigs? Do they just have bad hair or what? II am watching today and both the plaintiff an the defendant are CLEARLY wearing this show for real??
  • The Smurf That Turned Scary

Does anyone remember a case called The Smurf That Turned Scary? It involved a mother who refused to pay the entertainer who showed up at her son's birthday party because his interpretation of a Smurf was that of a seven or eight foot tall hulking purplish/brownish monster! It allegedly scared the hell out of all the party goers and the ran home crying to their parents! As they cut to a commercial, they showed a still life photo of this guy that the mother snapped and it scared the hell out of me! I can't remember who Wapner ruled in favour of but I would really like to know. If anyone remembers, a reply would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • RUDE BEYOND BELIEFE

5.5
    The judge is great for the show,I believe she is very fair. The idiot that interviews people after each case is completely RUDE. If he doesn't hear what he wants to hear he RUDELY blows them off. Get rid of this schmuck.
  • italians (white) peoples court

Been watchin judge milians nationalism/ white supremacy too many years now! what percentage of her cases involving black people have resulted in a win for the black person? My estimates suggest nada!

Does she choose her cases in a way that guarantees a loss if your black? Is she trying to perpetuate a myth of black legal ignorance? At any rate, it looks of more of the same white justice- black misery paradigm
  • ssi payee and debit card transactions

hello my name is chelsea hokes my case is about my son and the ssi check i owe him for the month of oct 2015 ive gotten in touch with the merhants that i made my perchases from but my son antonio oliver wants my whole check so what i told him is the forst of nov 2015 i will pay him back 559.22 which is the amount i took from him and nothing more can u please help us resolve this
  • Ghosting Candles

I just watched the rerun of you episode with a guy suing his landlords for his security deposit.

They were keeping it for clean-up of black soot on the walls claiming it was from burning too many candles. They were partially correct.

Years ago I purchased a large, three wicked bees wax candle at a renaissance festival. The vendor made sure to explain to me at great lengths NEVER to burn bees wax candles with paraffin candles at the same time or ALL electrical devices, to include electrical outlets, will develop a build up and black soot.

I wish I could find the little write-up I was given so I could scan it and send it on.

Sorry but the judge was wrong in this verdict.
  • proper use of English

4.5
    Judge milian is proud of her spanish heritage. Not sure if this is why when she speaks the 2 syllable word "CHIMNEY" she likes to an another syllable, now making it be cute but not thw proper pronunciation. Check the dictionary- it is a 2 syllable word,not three. Surprised the producers of the show did not advise her of this.
  • Not a good Judge

This woman is a witch with a capital "B". she will ask ten questions at 90 miles per minute then she doesn't allow the person to answer. She speaks Spanish to make a point and the point is: THIS IS AMERICA!! She has no respect for anyone unless the person is Spanish. This is all for TV and money and there is NO RESPECT! I had to stop watching because she made me throw up!! (Not to mention that idiot who stands outside asking stupid questions after the case is over). What exactly is his purpose???
  • I don't care for her

She seems like a Judge Judy wannabe. In most every show I've watched of her, she seems to make a lot of noise, and goes off on anyone she feels like, usually good people that don't seem to need being hollered at. I think it's all an act, that she's doing this to try to improve her ratings. I'm not impressed. I liked Judge Wapner MUCH better than her, or Judge Koch, Judge Judy, or Joe Brown. IMHO, this woman is a rude bigmouth, not a real good judge. I just don't like her. She looks irritable and her hollering never seems justified.
  • Unprofessional and Unforgiven

I went on a couple years ago because my neighbors dogs killed my puppy and in the end she awarded them $5,000 for murdering my 10 week old puppy! I won in a real courtroom for justice to keep control of his dogs (which they are still neglected today, 2 of them died already from neglect, one dog is missing a leg and the other is suffering) but for compensation of the vet bill and cremation of my 10 week puppy it all came out of my pocket and not a dime back. On top of everything I watched her walk to her "throne" where she feels empowered (its the millions of dollars that she makes that gets to her) and right away i noticed, pink flip fops, this lady came out in pink flip flops.....
  • Queen of The Court

I think she is AWESOME! I would go in front of her anytime. I wish I could see the whole episode where she threw the Dr. Lawyer, whatever he was out of the court telling him if Douglas beats him to a pulp she would be delighted. If you want to see Judges that wont let you speak come to Ohio LOL. you get slammed fined and can speak when you get home.
  • RUDE AND MUST GO AWAY

OMG this Judge Milan NEVER lets anyone speak! She ask questions and wants to interrupt the person answering. She is EXTREMELY rude and LOUD!
  • Tow truck exposide

3.5
    I saw your show on 11/13/14 I as a tow man know how they damage the car sorry but you were wrong,but I still love your show if you would like me to explain how I know call me 718-251-6308 thank you
  • Cant get enough!

I love Judge Milian's presence on the show! I've been glued to it for over 10years! I really hope she stays around for a long time!
  • Dog Daze

Regarding Dog Attack: The woman with the Labs said the little one attacked her dog. The woman suing for medical treatment said that the two labs attacked her small dog. The one dog had already attacked another dog and should have been reported and banned from the park. They have strict rules. The judge thought they should be on a leash. That's against the rules; behavior issues. You have to watch your dog at all times. Dog parks are a good idea. Most the dogs are behaved and enjoy running and playing with other dogs. My dog loves to swim. Its fenced in for the dog's safety The judge doesn't like dog parks because her dog has a big yard and a big family. That's fine. We like it. The woman with the small dog should have gotten all of her money back. As far as waiting to see the vet, you can't blame her for that. All dog park dogs have all their shots, so until the bite became infected why did she need to go? For that matter; who cares? Her dog was attacked by a vicious dog who shouldn't have been in the park to begin with. I think she should have had to pay the entire vet bill. Half? Wrong!!!!!
  • Repeat upon repeat

Too many repeats of the same shows over and over again. I watch 2-3 weeks and find in short time the few new shows become repeats of repeats in short time. Will not watch repeats.
  • Get rid of her please and her big mouth

Can not stand this judge, she gets a 2

• security depsit shows

check the law cant keep security deposit for rent. security deposit is for damages only

• Judge with the pretty earrings

I like this show I think judge Marilyn Milian is a smart , fair not to be played with on target, stick a fork in it judge and I give her a ten on her earrings.
  • COMMENTS !!!

I DON"T THINK THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE THE PICTURES OF A LANDLORD AGAINST A PERSON UNLESS THEY WERE KNOWN TO BE THE ACTUAL PHOTO,S FROM THAT PERSON,S APARTMENT OR HOUSE , CAUSE THEY CAN BRING IN ANY PHOTO,S ,BUT I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THE COURT SYSTEM AND PROPERTY TAX SYSTEM ARE TIIED IN TOGETHER SO YOU DON"T CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE GUY, BUT ABOUT THE BIG GUY WITH THE POWER AND MONEY AND CONTROL, BUT WE ALL ARE EXPECTED TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
  • The Cotillion that went bad 10

Do i have a case. My daughter was suppose to be part of the sweet hold spirit church first cotillion in 2013.

by-laws says if the student grades goes down they will not be part of the coming out event. I tried several

times to continue the church with no response. I'm yet to hear from anyone at the church on the return of my money. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW???? THIS IS NOT FAIR. I BY BY THEIR RULES AND GOT STIFFED ALL MY MONEY
  • Another fair judgement

A working New York couple hires a limo driver to take them to the airport. They schedule a 3:00 pick up time to get them to the airport for a 6:00 flight. Limo driver shows up 40 minutes late, despite his answers to their phone calls that he is only two blocks away, will be there very soon, etc. !!

His excuse for showing up 40 minutes late ?? The rain ! Couple miss the flight, so limo company does not charge them for the fair; however the couple is now out the $1,500 non-refundable plane fare. They think the limo company should be responsible for the cost of their tickets. Do you agree ?? I certainly do. Judge Fairness says that no, the couple should have either grabbed a taxi, when the limo was ten minutes late, or scheduled an earlier pick-up time !! It is the couple's own fault they missed the flight - unbelievable.
  • Wrong

Judge Miliano was completely wrong finding that the person that was in rehab for alcohol abuse can impose upon another person to take care of his dog while he is incarcerated for alcohol abuse. There was no contractual obligation to take care of the dog while he was incarcerated. The dog owner never paid anyone to provide for his dog while he was in drug abuse care. Instead the judge finds that the person that did the right thing by having the dog placed in shelter is wrong for her actions. The Alcohol Abuser's dog became an abandoned dog once he entered rehab. Judge Miliano ruling that the friend owed for replacing the dog at a cost of 1000.00 dollars was so erroneous that the question of how this person continues to preside on the People's Court should seriously be considered. Respectfully, USN SPECOMM 1970-1993