The Philanthropist

Kosovo

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 22, 2009 on NBC

• I keep coming back.

There should be a thousand reasons not to watch this series, but I keep coming back to it, and I am captivated by it. I just can't really pinpoint why, but I am going to watch until I find out!

It should be completely implausible: I mean really, "Teddy"...you think YOU can cure all ills in Kosovo with a Hollywood ending (and its this way in every episode)?

But the ongoing journey doesn't try to fix everything and it doesn't ask you to pass judgment. It just...is.

I like that it shows that some things aren't fixable, especially not with money. I like that brings highlight to issues the world could think long-over if it was let fade away. And I really like that its gutsy enough to be proud of its idealistic bent.

Unrealistic? Definitely. But I'm a believer in possibilities, however remote, and in those who will try to find them. And I will take a chance on a series with a difference.

NBC: will you be one of those daring enough to go for the difference...to be idealistic?