The Phone

The Bomber

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 21, 2009 on MTV - Music Television

7.2
  • As a huge fan of the Bourne series, I was very excited for this show. After seeing the first episode and how the "contestants" act, I was sad to see how scripted this show is.

5.5
    Now I understand there has to be some type of control put over the situation, because you can't just be blowing things up and walking around on the space needle without safety measures in place. The contestants were painfully cheesy and overactors. And that was the problem: I didn't feel connected to the contestants as real people. Maybe I missed the point of the show, though. Maybe they weren't supposed to be real people who were caught off guard. Maybe it was just supposed to be a poorly made Bourne mini-movie that shows on MTV.

I don't think the contestants should be competing against one another. I realize this gives more people the opportunity (as we saw the one group do so well at the beginning but fail so hard trying to find the keys) to play, but I think if they somehow could link their stories better so they all played a role, that would be better (if they feel they must have more players at all). The effects were kind of neat and it would be fun to have those things happen to me, but I figured the contestants would be caught off guard, not given a special phone and told to wait for a call in a certain location. Plus, as I said, uber lame contestants slash characters. "I didn't win. I didn't win the money. WE won. WE won the money!" "Oh my God! Wooooooo!"