The Pick Up Artist Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on VH1Between Seasons

So... How 'Bout That Fat Guy?

wzychee

[1]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 7

I haven't memorized anyone's name from the show, so the only way I know to describe the dude from second episode prominince is as 'the fat guy.' I'm glad to see him come out on top. Put him in a suit, give him an ice breaker, and he was picking up women like Mack Daddy Denzel. Now he's got a couple wing men, a spiffy new wardrobe and a blonde streak down his head.

If I knew that was all it took, I would have picked up some hair dye, a suit from the salvation army, and then out at the club the same night!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sykny

[2]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    wzychee wrote:

I haven't memorized anyone's name from the show, so the only way I know to describe the dude from second episode prominince is as 'the fat guy.' I'm glad to see him come out on top. Put him in a suit, give him an ice breaker, and he was picking up women like Mack Daddy Denzel. Now he's got a couple wing men, a spiffy new wardrobe and a blonde streak down his head.

If I knew that was all it took, I would have picked up some hair dye, a suit from the salvation army, and then out at the club the same night!

I totally agree to everything you said.He also is deffenitly the guy i want to see win.

sophiababy2003

[3]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    I would love to see him win.

iamameangirl

[4]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 7
    I'm just waiting until they pick off all the weak, uncaring ones like Fred. Then hopefully it will get a little more interesting.

Tia1225

[5]Sep 4, 2007
    This show is hilarious! That crap Mystery is "teaching" them is bogus in my opinion, but the guys make the show worth watching. They are very entertaining. I hope Joe D. wins.

topaz420

[6]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    Tia1225 wrote:
    That crap Mystery is "teaching" them is bogus in my opinion

Really? I think all he's done is quantify and organize basic psychological principles. Obviously, the tv show is for entertainment so it's only about 10% instructional. But his complete workshop is not about becoming a different person, but rather assertively projecting the interesting person that you really are.

n00dl3b0y

[7]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 11
    I would recommend anyone who enjoys the show to go pick up "The Game" by Neil Strauss. This show is basically a made-for-tv version of that book. And yes, that stuff really does work.

Stingseven

[8]Sep 11, 2007
    I have been dying to know what women think of Mystery's "techniques." They seem so bogus to me. I mean, if you have to trick women into doing this or that -- what happened to just digging each other? I like the guys on the show. I was hoping Joe W would take it, but I am fine with Joe D or Kosmo winning. If I were a woman, I would find the whole thing kind of silly. "Give me a twirl! Hey, now I am in your seat!" Okay. A-hole. Yeah, she wants to go with you for sure now. Maybe if I looked like a broke Tommy Lee, I would have to go through all that get laid too.

topaz420

[9]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    I agree some of the stuff is silly like the "pick a number from one to four" routine.

But you can't deny that "wanting what you can't have" and Cat-String-Theory aren't hard-wired into human psychology.

It's not TRICKING a woman -- it's just very attractive when the person (male or female) that you're attracted to is not a complete PUPPY DOG for your affection. The cat-and-mouse game is FUN if you allow it to be.

Even animals without the ability to reason have mating rituals where they dance and "peacock" about. What's wrong with admitting that however advanced we are as a species, there still exists an element of instinct and ritual in our ability to attract others? And that such behavior can be analyzed and improved, WITHIN the framework of our true personalities.

ricotkid

[10]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    its an interesting show i enjoy watching it!!!!!!

epp1e

[11]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yeah, Joe D. is definitely my favorite. Seems like the kind of guy you'd wanna be friends with (and he does say in the first episode that he always gets the "friends only" treatment >.>)
    ***SPOILER***

Odium2007

[12]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yeah I agree, He was my favorite in the first episode as well. He looked like he had so much hidden potential.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[13]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 47

n00dl3b0y wrote:
    I would recommend anyone who enjoys the show to go pick up "The Game" by Neil Strauss. This show is basically a made-for-tv version of that book. And yes, that stuff really does work.

I'm reading that book right now, and I'm absolutely hooked to it. I thought Mystery's lifestyle would have been that of a playboy constantly surrounded by beautiful women, but through the book he seemed to me like an emo person who knows how to game on women.

I've been a follower of seduction material for almost a year now, and none of the information in this show is false. They all work regardless if the show was acted out or not. To those people who think that these methods are dirty, here's a little history for you. We started off as men who were ORIGINALLY supposed to be these type of men. Every single man was an Alpha male thousands of years ago; a man who knew how to game just because it was integrated from his system from birth.

However, society has changed, and the need for the alpha male lessened. However, women still catered to the Alpha male. Technically, Mystery isn't teaching us these methods; he's simply unearthing them from what was hidden from us by society, whether through our mothers, songs, media, etc. If you want true manipulation, look into Ross Jeffries and his Speed Seduction dojo. He integrates hypnotism into his game.

Some other successful dating gurus whose material I enjoy are David DeAngelo and Tyler Durden (no, not Fight Club, but he's cool too).

Edited on 10/05/2007 5:24am
    Edited 2 total times.

Debs202

[14]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 1

I find their stuff really interesting too, and I'm a girl! It worked on me as my bf was really in to it and had loads of the books and ebooks. He runs a website now where you can get lots of the articles for free, like the ones on the below link:

http://www.growyourgame.com/articles/david-deangelo-double-your-dating/

Good luck gaming!