The Pillars of the Earth

Master Builder

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 23, 2010 on Starz

The first hour was pretty tolerable, but the second was painful to get through. I found myself constantly looking at the clock wondering when my death sentence would be over, when I would move onto a better place, like the late king did.

The show is trying too hard to be The Tudors, and while I miss the Showtime series which just ended, this is not the replacement I am seeking, I am sure The Borgias next year will take care of it.

People who don't normally watch Starz tuned in to see Pillars of the Earth, but they cannot be pleased with what they saw.
  • marvelous miniseries

What a marvelous miniseries. I read the book almost 20 years ago and am astonished about how it was filmed. 20 years back I was under the impression that it was way to hard to make it into film. We can be so blessed to live now and not have the life the people had back then.

I can recommend it to anyone with a interest in history, all fictuous of course be beautifully made. When you walk around in the old cities in Europe, like Heidelberg, or Delft and you look an the big churches and think back that this was how it al begun, with corrupt "holy" men, only thinking of themselves and true belivers on the other side...