The PJs

FOX (ended 2001)

The PJs Fan Reviews (11)

• this was a funny show

the pjs are a family that lives in the underground in the sower . they really dont have alot of money and he gets rent from the people to support his family. its a hilrious show and it was not on that long but it had a few good stories. and i think fox eneded it because the ratings were not really coming in for the show . and some imgaes in show were distrubing but funny at the same time all in all i think the show was averge but a 8 is pretty high for this show but it was still good i guss.
  • It's fine to me and I think it's kind of funny.But I think it's animation has a lot of disturbing images in it.

This show is maybe one of the disturbing shows ever made.Well,I don't mind that they put Eddie Murphy in this show.He's funny,but a role like this one makes him look The Nutty Professor.I mean,his character doesn't even look like him because this show has clay for animation.Well,the theme is not good because it's pretty short.It's kind of funny once and it's a disturbing clay funny show.I got one thing to say:Why does Eddie Murphy's character look ugly in this show?I mean,his head is shaped as a anchor and his chin is worse than The Nutty Professor's chin.This is a C because not only it's disturbing,Eddie's character is ugly and all of the characters do too.
  • I'm rating this animated series a 10 because it so freakin funny and I like the way Grazer put the themes together and used Eddie Murphy as one of the main voices. I've even looked for this series to be my own so that I can put in my collection. Help me!

A great comedy for family to enjoy on the day to day basis and should be brought back for more people to enjoy just as much as I do. So please help in writing more reviews so this comedy can be brought back to television. I searched high and low for the PJs and no had it but they had every other television show on the shelf. I finally found it on Ebay and the person that was selling it had all four series that made me mad because not everyone has a credit card to purchase things on the computer.
  • bring them back.

why won't they bring back a very funny show like the pj's but they can put crap on that nobody watches. I mean come on people. this show had a lot of people that watched. it was the first animated show that was really good. I know that some people did not find it funny but who are they.this show had so much going for it it had a lot of viewer's it also had great reviews, and the cast of characters were just fantastic. the voices for the characters were right on the money for the show. the animation was really good for the time it came out. I mean you are talking about a mid 90's animated TV show. and for that time period it was well done.
  • great show

great show, I am looking for anyone who has a copy of any of the episodes of the show, I would love to aquire a duplicate from you, I hoping to get a copy before august 07, if any one knows a web site I can purchase from please let me know. The show was a classic, and I think it showed a part of a culture that was not publicized. If it aired today I think it would be a hit. Again if anyone can help with finding a copy, all the episodes would be great, but if you only have one, that's ok too.
  • If this show were to come out today in the world of boondocks, southpark, and family guys it woudnt have been considered offensive.

When this show came out it was an instant classic. The characters were hillarious and relatable. And yes they were your stereotyoical project dwellers. But on many, many, many levels it was relatable to everyone. I mean how many white suburban families have Dads that like to drink beer in thier lazy boy and watch Wheel of Fortune? Probably a lot. The only reason I didn't give this show a higher grade is because of Eddie Murphy. After about a season and a half Eddie got fed up with the attacks and called it quits. The show just seemed to loose some of its magic when the lead chacters voice changed. I would compare it to the real Ghostbusters when Lorenzo music left and was replaced by that guy from Full House. But overall this show was onto somthing. It was getting better from week to week. Political correctness has gone too far. Its bad enough its ruining America, but please, leave our TV out of it. Here's a concept, why not let the people who actually view the show decide what's offensive and not people who just want to grand stand. I'm talkin to you Jackson-Sharpton.
  • One of the best shows ever made!

This show deserved at least ten years, I mean it is one of the greatest comedys of all time and cracked me up way more than seasons 9-17 of the Simpsons and is something that after watching it on dvd just made me realize how stupid FOX is, I mean here they had a wonderful show and they flushed it down the toilet, and then there's the WB don't even get me started on them, but of course I suppose I should give them credit for giving it another chance in the first place, a pure show, watch it again an again and I guarantee you will feel the same way I do about it. The characters are great, the writing is brilliant, the animation is beautiful and my score is 10/10.
  • The pj"s was the show that had so many funny parts that after you watched the show you would still be laughing after.I think that the show was not received well because people took it to serious and forgot about the fact that it was a supose to be funny.

The pj"s was the show that had so many funny parts that after you watched the show you would still be laughing after.I think that the show was not received well because people took it to serious and forgot about the fact that it was a supose to be funny,its punch lines too many to count.The pj's also had a lot of reality in it so that also made the show funny .Also the character's were people that might be simular to the people you might know.Finally I thought the Pj's animation was well created to give the real effects of their personal expretions.
  • Who would find a show about black puppets in a ghetto funny? ME! Great voice work and funny jokes kept this fresh for the short time it was on.

A ghetto filled with crack addicts and bad things is not the normal place for comedy but Eddie Murphy and the others behind this show sure found a way to make things funny. The voice talent on the show did a wonderful job and even if some of the characters seemed stereotypical, that only helped to make them funny. I miss this show and loved watching it. Glad the WB picked it up when FOX dropped the ball by not understanding it.
  • I love that show. Why did WB20 take it off air.I Know that the NAACP thought it was a bad perception of the african american race but this show was just funny because it brought back memories that I enjoyed having and wish they could come back.

This show was the best. Ever Sunday I used to enjoy watching this show.I love that show. Why did WB20 take it off air.I Know that the NAACP thought it was a bad perception of the african american race but this show was just funny because it brought back memories that I enjoyed having and wish they could come back.
  • The P.J's was originally on Fox and wasn't that bad a show it was actually pretty funny. The show followed Landlord of a minority housing project.

This show really wasn't that bad. It was pretty funny in fact my next door neigbhor loved this show much he can't wait for it to come out on DVD. Eddie Murphy is hysterical as Thurgood Stubbs a Super at a minority housing project. As good as Eddie Murphy was in this cartoon, Smokey was hillarious. He was the chain smoker who had lost his voice and had to use one of those fake voice things. The funniest episode is when he urinates into that pool. It was hysterical.This show was very underapperciated and unfortunately had to move from Fox to WB. Where sitcoms usually die. Sad, but still this was a good show.