The Playboy Club

A Matter of Simple Duplicity

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 03, 2011 on NBC

7.4
  • Nick hires Lisa's "husband" to be his new campaign manager. Nick is soon set up with an attaractive socialite to make him more appealing to voters. Meanwhile, due to club business picking up, Carol-Lynne decides to hire a new bunny. What could happen?

The unintended series finale of The Playboy Club turned out to be the best of the three episodes of the series that managed to make it on the air. However, this episode does display one of the problems that I believe lead to its abrupt cancellation. The dialogue in many scenes is pure cornball. The scene where Janie reveals to Maureen that she and her husband accidentally killed a man during a robbery did not work for me. This is Janie's second big reveal. My thought was "Is Janie going to have a shocking secret every episode? Give me a break." The storyline concerning Billy Rosen's gambling problem was unnecessary. However I did like that Maureen decided to take on Bianchi's son. It's too bad we won't see where that will go. One last note, seeing the bunnies dancing to "The Loco Motion" was awesome ! At least The Playboy Club went out with a bang.