The Powerpuff Girls

Bubblevicious / The Bare Facts

Aired Wednesday 2:30 PM Jan 20, 1999 on Cartoon Network

• One of the best episodes of the series.

\"Bubblevicious\" and \"The Bare Facts\" are both excellent episodes of \"The Powerpuff Girls\". They both have a lot of strong points.

In \"Bubblevicious\", we see how the world thinks of Bubbles being \"the cute one\". But in this one, we take a deeper glance at Bubbles and find out how she feels about this, and she once again reveals her dark side (like she did in the pilot episode). I also really enjoyed the Spinal Tap reference they threw in there a couple of times. I still like Bubbles a lot better as the cute and cuddly character we all know.

\"The Bare Facts\" is a fall-down funny episode! It used to be my favorite episode of the entire series until the season finale of the 3rd season came. Watching an entire episode from the mayor\'s perspective wasn\'t too interesting, but mainly the whole episode is about the girls telling the mayor a story about a battle they have with Mojo, and each one tells it a different way. Bubbles was absolutely right, she does tell it the bestest! \"We were flying to Mojo Jojo\'s house, and we passed by these really pretty clouds! There was one shaped like a heart, and there was one that looked like a pony, and there was one that looked like a cloud...\"

If you have not yet gotten acquainted with the Powerpuff Girls, don\'t listen to those jerks who think the series is gay. These two episodes show a fine example of how hilarious the series can be, but I really think \"The Bare Facts\" is the better of the two. I guarantee you will love it.
  • Bubbles going Rambo

This is my second favorate episode of the show, both these stories are just top notch.

The first one is great, It shows that she is capable of raw aggression which is both cool and scary at the same time. Bubbles is practically Rambo in this episode she is just beating the crap out of everyone and everything, not just the typical monsters and baddies but also just people that commit the smallest misdeeds. Like if anyone litter, she'll fly in and drop kick that person. Or anyone illegally parking she'll take that car and throw it. Comic Gold.

The second one is my favorate because it's Powerpuff Girls doing "Resevour Dogs". I really loved seeing each of the different perspectives of the Powerpuffs as they told the story, each of them were different art styles. Blossoms is your standard comic book style, Bubbles is in crayon which was hillarous and cute at the same time, but my favorate is Buttercup's which is in the form of graphic novel. It kinda reminded me of Frank Millar's "Sin City" from the use of black, white, and red was just awesome and beautiful. There is always more than one way to tell a story and more than one person to tell it.
  • This is my fave Powerpuff Girls episode in the history of the PowerPuff Girls!

I love "Los Dos Mojos". I absolutely love it. Bubbles is my absolute fave character. I love the fact that she is so cute and adorable even when she is proving she can be "hardcore". It is beacause of this episose that we now know to never underestimate the cute cause they can prove to be tougher than they look
  • Whoa!!! a whole new Bubbles and the Major in his birthday suit, well what can I say.

What a brilliant episode with Bubbles (My Favourite) who is so cute and now she goes so beserk as she beats anyone up to 9 times her than regular level, she kindy freaks me out but I don't mind.

The Major who loves his own town but he only likes himself who than gets kidnapped by Mojo Jojo and than the girls saved him and he is trying to find out the truth about the girls laughter and what did they say?... Nothing just their own stories and what happened at the end?... Yep you guessed it.

Super Great!!!
  • Both of these episodes, though radically different, are among the best in the entire PPG series.

Bubblevicious-
    This is, hands down, my favorite episode. It's also among the favorites of many PPG fans, and for good reason. Before this episode, Bubbles was seen as almost a third wheel, only there to look cute (and sometimes keep her sisters from killing each other). When it aired, all of that flew out the window. Bubbles was given an entire new aspect of her character: her dark side. Even though it was shown once before (during one of the pilots), it wasn't fully realized until now. She gets fierce, mean, even cruel in this episode, and these are adjectives that would've have never, ever been applied to her before this. And other than the huge character development, there are all the fights! Bubbles dishes out more beatings in this episode than any other single Powerpuff in any other episode (well...except maybe Buttercup in "Moral Decay"). Five monsters at the same time, three random people, Blossom, and Talking Dog all feel her wrath. And it all crescendos with that major pounding of Mojo at the end, after he subjects her to a Lv. 11 laser beam ("This laser goes up to 11" ;-)...). It was just a great, action packed, character-building episode. It earned Bubbles the respect she deserved. And for PPG fans, it changed the meaning of the word "hardcore" forever.

The Bare Facts-
    Oh, wow...I cannot describe to you how hilarious this episode is! The way the story is told is the most unique in the entire series, and it makes for some really funny moments! It also gave us a rare glimpse at how a non-Powerpuff character went about their daily routine, as well as building the character of the Powerpuffs themselves in the most creative way imaginable: art style! That's right...they used different art style to project how each Powerpuff saw the events of that day, and it goes a long way in helping us see them as themselves.

The cool thing about this episode is that it gives a good look at how the PPG interact with themselves in a non-action-packed situation. They're just telling a story in an office as opposed to fighting some villain or monster. That was a rare thing prior to this episode, and it made it so much more enjoyable. Well...that, and Bubbles version of the story, LOL. Either way, this episode is one of the funniest, most enjoyable episodes in the entire series, and shouldn't be missed by anyone!
  • My favorite episode of The Powerpuff Girls.

This episode was truly amazing...
    Bubblevicious: This one was my favorite out the two, I mean I loved seeing Bubbles go to the dark side, and go completely psycho & violent, that was really great. Looks like Bubbles is stronger. I also like how Mojo Jojo has been getting more airtime, he's hilarious!

The Bare Facts: This was a very surprising episode, the whole time the mayor was naked the whole time, I like how it was in telling a story format, that was really great. Everyone had their different perspective of the story which made it interesting, plus the shocker in the end wrapped it up. Favorite episode by far!