The Powerpuff Girls Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2009)

Not enough Blossom episodes

Vergomax

[1]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 15

Is it just me or does it seem like Blossom got the least amount of focus episodes out of the three Powerpuffs? I mean, the only episodes I can think of that focused on her are Ice Sore, A Very Special Blossom, The Mane Event and Not So Awesome Blossom. Stuck Up, Up and Away and A Made-up Story could count too. So, thats basically 4-6 episodes and I'm sure Bubbles and Buttercup have had more then that. Why do you think the writers gave Blossom less attention then her sisters?

Edited on 07/22/2011 6:56pm
    Edited 7 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SlyGadget22

[3]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 9

I agree Blossom my favorite character. Maybe I know why she was probably voted least favorite powerpuff girl on a website. But all that's crap Blossom the best.

ollibot284

[4]Sep 20, 2011
    • level: 9

I didn't watch enough of this show but from what I did see blossom seemed to have her moments. Her sisters had most of the center. The writers must've thought the fans liked them better. I agree that they should've given her more episodes there's always one character in every show that gets less attention then the rest of the characters. that always annoys me. Inpowerpuff girls its blossom. It would've been great if there had been an episode whereshe got her moment of glory.

Clanafan

[5]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 1

@ Vergomax - it's not just you, I've been watching again the show online and I noticed it too! granted, that I'm (only) almost half way through it, but you can definitely tell how much the show loves Bubbles and how even Buttercup seems to have more centric episodes than Blossom.

Now the four episodes you mentioned are definitely Blossom centric. As for Stuck Up, Up and Away I even consider it Blossom's seeing how she tried to put Princess in her place, even got into a (badass) fight with her and ended up putting her in her place again. A Made-up Story I saw today, wanted to see if it's another one for Blossom and... um, yeah, I suppose it could be too...

but she really doesn't have much, does she?

Buttercup: 1- Buttercrush 2 - Paste Makes Waste 3 - Down 'n Dirty 4 - Cover Up 5 - Moral Decay 6 - Nuthin' Special 7 - (from a later season, I just read the description and it fits) Makes Zen to Me - and maybe there's even more she had..

Bubbles: 1- Octi Evil 2 - Bubblevicious 3 - Los Dos Mojos 4 - Bubblevision 5 - Helter Shelter (I think...) 6 - All Chalked Up 7 - Neighbor Hood - 8 Bubble Boy 9 - Stray Bullet/City of Nutsville (7-9 haven't seen but descriptions are Bubbles-y: Bubbles does this, that and in Three Girls and a Monster she saves the day with her cuteness)... and there could be more Bubble episodes / rather Bubble-ish.

Yeah, either way it's like Bubbles > Buttercup > Blossom.

@ SlyGad4 - she's mine too! and yeah, that's probably it and it's a shame, come on she's better then that! IMO she's the best too.

@ ollibot28 - Blossom sure had her moments: within the regular episodes she got to play (to rock!) an electric guitar, to dress up as a superhero and even had a car, she imitated MojoJoJo & Miss Bellom quite well.. she did fun stuff too! while on the more serious note: how many times her quick thinking and acting saved the girls? who realized they should eat those evil broccoli's? who was teasing Buttercup about her (spiders) fear so she'll confront it? who realized how to beat or turn around MojoJoJo and Princess's evil plans so they'd blow in their face? and of course she knows how to kick ass, she can hit just as hard as the other two. So yeah, she had moments, she had glory moments but when it comes to character centric it's usually about her flaws... they bring her down a notch (which I suppose makes sense in a way, but still would have loved to see more of her having fun in her own epis)

anyway, with everything said and done: love Blossom! she's incredible (and apparently underrated) throughout the show!

Booncy

[6]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 10

@Clanafan, I think the reason for this has alot to do with whichever voice actress was the most likable, open, & more of a people person of the 3 main actresses while the show was in production. If you look up PPG convention, interview, & behind-the-scenes clips of the actresses who play the girls up on youtube it looks to me like Tara Strong is the most open & sociable out of the 3 actors, while Catherine Cavadini is on the opposite end of the spectrum and appears (at least to me) to be a somewhat private person. She's not a bitch by any means necessary!, but (to me) she comes off as the least open & sociable out of the 3 (while E.G. Daily is just a little bit under Tara Strong's level of being open & sociable). Given that I assume that Tara was very well liked by the writers, producers, & the whole crew hence why her character got the most episodes written for her, while I assume that Catherine was probably the most professional out of the 3 actresses & her not being as sociable may have unintentionally made the crew think that she gave off a cold vibe, so in turn her character got the least episodes written for her.

This is all my theory, so take it all with a grain of salt, but if it's true then I feel sorry for Catherine . I know what it's like for people to ignorantly think that you're a cold, rude, stuck-up, & nasty person just because you're not as sociable as others and you chose to be guarded & keep your personal life private.

Edited on 08/13/2012 2:54pm
    Edited 3 total times.

User111

[7]Aug 26, 2012

Blossom: Ice Sore, Stuck, Up, Up, and away, A Very Special Blossom, the Mane Event, Not So Awesome Blossom, A Made Up Story

Bubbles: Octi Evil, Bubble Vicious, Los Dos Mojos, Bubble Vision, Helter Shelter, All Chalked Up, Bubble Boy, Octi Gone

Buttercup: Buttercrush, Paste Makes Waste, Cover Up, Moral Decay, Makes Zen To Me, Nuthin' Special

User111

[8]Aug 26, 2012

I forgot Down'Dirty for Buttercup