The Powerpuff Girls

Cartoon Network (ended 2009)

TVTome_Shadow

The Powerpuff Girls Fan Reviews (175)

• This is a pretty good cartoon.

I admit, I'm a guy. But when I was a kid The Powerpuff Girls was one of my favorite shows. Fast foward 15 years and its still pretty good, if not as amazing as I originally thought.

The Powerpuff Girls themselves are pretty cool characters for being so young, and all three are just adorable. Blossom is the leader, and the smart one. Bubbles is the sweet, bubbly one. And Buttercup is the tough one. The majority of the other characters are pretty cool too, like the Professor and the Mayor. And most of the villains are funny. Like Mojo, who can be pretty dangerous, but also has a tendency to ramble for a good portion of an episode which can be slightly grating, and Fuzzy, who's just an awesomely funny hillbilly creature. Him is just a dangerous guy altogether despite his trannie-devil appearance. As for Princess, she's spoiled-rotten, whiny, arrogant little cretin and by far my least favorite character in the show.

As for the show. It seems like a little kids show if first looked at, but its pretty violent. Hell there's blood in a good majority of the episodes. But that isn't bad, just be warned if you're a little kid. Most of the cartoon has good episodes, but there were also some episodes that weren't good. Powerpuff Girls also had a movie about the girls creation that came out in theaters, and it was pretty amazing. Considering how most tv cartoons that get a movie in theaters go, thats quite an accomplishment. They even made the last couple of seasons with the movie's art style.

So apart from some bad episodes, this is a really good cartoon. I would recommend it over any of the stuff they show on Cartoon Network now.
  • Best show ever!

One of the best shows ever! It's my number one show with Total Drama being second and Hey Arnold! third. Anyways, this show is just . I did notice that some episodes in season 6 went downhill, but most of them were pretty great! I love this show a lot!
  • Was great at first

This show was great at first. Then it wnt kinda downhill, then went downhill again, then even more downhill, before finally reducing to crap in the end.

In the later episodes, the characters just became dumb, The Rowdyruff Boys were better off only appearing once before reappearing in Season 5. Switching from traditional cel to digital animation in Season 5 wasn't a good idea at all.

I loved Season 1 mainly because of the simple plot lines and the animation looked just great. Season 1 was absolutely the shining star of the seasons.

Season 2 was also great but I began to notice a slight downhill trend in quality. The animation redesigns honestly wasn't that good of an idea but besides that, nothing changed. Season 2 was overall great besides the unnecessary redesigns and the sudden lacking of humor which caused this once wonderful show to slowly die.

Now, Season 3 is when I started to notice a slight downhill trend in quality. The plots became somewhat rushed and the characters were slowly dumbing down. Some episodes had very rushed plots like Criss Cross Crisis or All Chalked Up. Mojo was running out of ideas to destroy the world and the jokes just became reused.

By Season 4 I knew something was up. The jokes became weaker and weaker. The only great episode was Superfriends. Every other episode was below average.

Season 5 was nothing BUT horrible! The animation looked VERY ugly with digital. We got highly cringeworthy episodes such as Reaking Havoc. The City Of Frownsville was stupid. All we got was 30 minutes of ***edness every single episode. The final episode was also horrible and it was a tragedy.

PPG went quickly from awesome to solid to decent to mediocre to crap. It's just sad to see this once great show die so quickly.

Overall season scores:

Season 1: 10/10

Season 2: 8/10

Season 3: 6/10

Season 4: 4/10

Season 5: 0/10
  • An instant classic

When I think of a cartoon cartoon, this is the first thing that comes to mind. Everybody loved this show, little kids and teens alike. It pretty much helped break the stereotype of little girls's shows being bad, and that trend is being continued in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • great show, and a classic to all girls and fans alike

powerpuff girls aren't just the best crimefighters in the cartoon underworld, they are also cute beyond belief, with buttercup being cool and cute at the same time. these episodes were the great memories of the 90s, and also the 2000s. the plot is kinda good for it's time, but it will always be a classic. this show must be brought back on cartoon network!

first of all, i wanted to thank craig mccracken for his great effort to create this great show.

• Best thing from my childhood!!!

I just had to give it a 10, because the plot line is unique and CMCC is one of the best cartoonists you can ever find.

with his work from the powerpuff girls his other shows (dexter and fosters) were pretty good too.

I love this show and I am a puff Artist!!!

my devianart is TheToughGreenGirl (i really wanna change it)
  • Great show.

I actually really liked this show. It's about a professor who accidentally drops some Chemical X into a batch of sugar, spice, and everything nice, to create the Powerpuff Girls. The villains are more funny than evil, and the girls are really awesome. I will go over my opinion on the characters.

Blossom is the leader of the group, I think she is good, she always has a plan to go with.

Bubbles is probably my favorite. She is kind and sweet, but she can be vicious if you mess with her too much.

Buttercup is really good, too. She is kickbutt and she is the tomboy of the group and the fighter.

So, anyways, this show is really good. I will have to give it a 9. I hope to see you someday, girls.
  • Awesome show!

I loved this show.
  • I love this cartoon!!!

ever since i was about 5 i loved this show. i just loved the girls, the action, i just wanted to close my eyes and pretend i was fighting with them. i still love this show, but it is so old we do not have the channel it is on. last year i was made fun of for liking it and knowing how to draw them. so i stopped talking about it at school, but i still have my 3 power puff girls dolls that my 2 bestest friends in the world that were sisters that my mom use to babysit since i was 4. so i love this show!!!
  • Good

Powerpuff Girls used to be excellent before the newer and more modern episodes came in. The earlier series are brilliant, but what happened to the newer series?
  • My Favorite Cartoon Network Show

I love this show since I was little. Season 1 was great; Season 2 got better, Season 3 was awesome; Season 4 was still great; Season 5 kind of went downhill, then Season 6 was okay. I love the character, the villains. the animation, plots and the witty jokes. It's diffidently my favorite Cartoon Network show to this day.
  • Great Job! Bu wheres the newer excitment

Brilliant at start. But getting confused after going on.

Season 1: 10

SEason 2: Wow 10

Season 3: Rocks on 9.5/10

Season 4: Goes very slightly down hill 8/10

Season 5: Over mediocre at least 7/10

Season 6:Does more improvement 7.5/10

Overall 9
  • Very funny

A great cartoon for all ages, The Powerpuff Girls is very funny indeed. The last few series lost their way but the earlier shows are very well written and have humour for all ages.
  • A cartoon made for 5 year old girls

This show os so boring and unfunny just like most of the cartoon cartoons. plus, the villains are not even threatning and can easily be defeated. The only good villains were the rowdyruff boys and him. in fact the morals of the first two rowdyruff boys were sort of sexist cause theybwere bascically saying that boys are weak and all you have to do is kiss them and they won't mess with you. the second episode said that boys have low self estemm because he girls embarrased them and they started shrinking. Some of the plots are babyyish too and feels like it was made for 5 year olds. I give this show a -1/10 put the lowest rating on the scale was 1.
  • Three Girls in Kindergarten Beat the Crap Out of Evil Villians. What More Could You Want?

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice, along with some Chemical X creates children! Children that kick-butt in this epic animated series, created by Craig McCracken, the man who would go on to make Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, what a genius he is. Powerpuff Girls is a true classic that entered Cartoon Network's lineup in 1998 during the "golden age" You know, before the network died. What was odd about this series is that it found a way to make the series be targeted at girls throughout the main character's charm, especially the names, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, but also add crimefighting, which appealed to boys. This series was an amazement. Too bad the crew that worked on the PPG during the later seasons didn't have enough Chemical X to make the series as great as it was back then.
  • One of the better Cartoon Cartoons

Professor Untonium mixes sugar, spice, and everything nice together to create the perfect little girl...and then accidently adds an extra ingredient: Chemical X. The result is Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, also known as the Powerpuff Girls; three super-powered five-year-old girls who defend Townsville from all the various villains of the world.

Overall, this was a pretty darn good show. The girls are clearly super-heroes, but they also act like the little girls they are. They also have faults: Blossom is smart, but can sometimes be a know-it-all; Bubbles is kind, but can also be naive; and Buttercup is tough, but sometimes too aggressive.

The other characters stand out, too. Characters like Professor, the Mayor, and Ms. Bellum have their own quirks that help them stand out. The villains of the show are also memorable; in fact, this show is the origin of one of my favorite bad guys (HIM).

Overall, this was a pretty good show. Definitely needs to be shown on Cartoon Network again. It was a perfect balance to "Ed Edd n Eddy." And if the Eds can still be shown on CN, why not the Powerpuff Girls?
  • Great show!!!

One of my fave shows to watch.I loved the plots but the episode See Me,Feel Me,Gnomey was a big downhill so after that episode I still saw some episodes but not that one.I also loved the trio Blossom is smart and has a future ahead of her just wish she was focused on more,Bubbles is so cute and funny but was focused on too much,Buttercup um well was my least fave of the trio,She's too violent and mean at times but she does have a soft side aswell just wished they showed her soft side more!I adored most of the episodes and The RRB's were great too.Please bring this show back I WANT MY PPG'S BACK.
  • Went downhill after it's last season.

But it's a not a big deal since all of the seasons except the last is great!

Plot: Professor Utonium, created 3 little girls, using sugar, salt, and everything nice. Everything is going good until he accidentally shattered the "Chemical X". (Mojo Jojo had something to do with this) The chemical spilled into the concoction, instead of making three normal girls, he made the Powerpuff Girls, they are girls with superpower. Blossom, Bubble, Buttercup are the three girls who go to school everyday and fight crime, save the city of "Townsville". (a city that always gets attacked by criminals and monsters). Each episode has a different issue to be solved by the PPG.

Characters: The trio are great, they have their own personality and goals. Mayor, is an immature mayor who always having a kid-related issues, (Which is funny) Ms. Bellum, a woman with a hidden face, mayor's secretary, she acts more than a secretary would do. The other people in here like the girls' classmate and their teacher Ms. Keane have also unique detail on their agenda. Villains have their own roles instead of just ruling the world. Mojo Jojo, wants to rule the world and be rich as possible, and be the smartest evil scientist. Him wants the world to be evil or suffering, Fuzzy Lumpkins, probably a yeti, doesn't like seeing other people. Princess Morbucks wants the world to know her, and Sedusa, is just there to fool men and anything to get money. Each villain, characters is unique until the last season, they went cliche and predictable. Voice acting is fantastic.

Humor/Action value: This show has it all, but what I found in this is humor. The jokes and the things are just too funny that it makes me laugh. The action is great too! Too bad it went down in the last season. Things just went bland for some reason.

Art: They're nice in the Hanna-Barbera era, but the kids that we have today may say no to them. Hanna-Barbera always does simplistic but fine show art. Good animation. No problems. Even in the last season.

Overall: 8. This show was pushed down road after Chris Savino took over on this show. However all of episodes from the other seasons are great.
  • now this is what i call a good action cartoon.

this show is freakin badass! it doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl. as long as you love action. this is the show for you. a show about 3 girls with superpowers beating the sh*t out of villians? thats what im talkin about! sadly this show got cancelled due to losing their popularity. i guess fans were tired of it. luckly, boomerang shows reruns on 10:00-11:00 PM so thank god for boomerang.
  • Powerpuff Girls Is The Best Super Hero Fighters Ever

I'm a fan of The Powerpuff Girls. I really enjoy watching them. It really reminds me of Team Sonic of the Sonic Series. Sonic= Blossom, Tails= Bubbles, And Knuckles= Buttercup. They fight crime and saves the day before bedtime. The Rowdy Ruff Boys are a boy version of The Powerpuff Girls. There are two shorts of The Powerpuff Girls are: Meet Fuzzy Lumpkins, And Crime 101. They should rerun it again on Cartoon Network. I bet it's a great show. The Powerpuffgirls never lose! I give this 10 Perfect!!!

• THE POWERPUFF GIRLS AND ROODYRUFF BOYS NEW FUTURE HISTORY OR TIMELINE!!

I SAY I LOVE THE POWERPUFF GIRLS AND I ALWAYS WELL EVEN WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL I DID NOW AND REMEMBER I USTED TO PLAY PRETEND GAME OF PPG IT WAS FUN OMG THOSE WHERE THE DAYS AND IT DOES COME ON BOOMERANGE NOW MAYBE NOT CN NOMORE BUT IT IS STILL ON IT DEPENDS WHAT CABBLE YOU HAVE!! EVEN IF I LOVE THERE SHOW I STILL WATCH IT AND I STILL THINK THEY SHOULD ADD AN HISTORY TO IT !!CAUSE I LOVE IT AND THE ROODY RUFFBOYS I DO THINK THERE THE ONE'S FOR PPG!! I MEAN WHEN I SAW THOSE LITTLE BOYS FIRST BEING MADE I KNEW THEY WHERE THE ONE'S ALL ALONG FOR PPG AND I STILL DO!! SO I THINK THEY SHOULD PUT A SHOW WHEN THERE TEENS AND THEN THEY BECOME BOY FRIENDS AND GIRL FRIENDS AND THEN WHEN THERE ADULTS AND THEN THEY GET MARRIED AND THEN HAVE KIDS AND DO THE SAME WITH THERE KIDS AND THEN THERE KIDS AS THEY DID WITH PPG AND RRB !! AND THEN ONE DAY PEOPE CAN START IT ALL OVER OF THIS AND THEN SEE THE BIG HISTORY!! WHO THINKS IT IS A GOOD IDEA NOW I THINK IT IS AWESOME IDEA TO DO THAT!! AGREE WITH ME IF YOU THINK SO AND IF YOU DON'T THEN DON'T PAY ATTIENION OR PRESS DIS AGREE YOU INORGE IT OK CAUSE I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE TH PEOPLE THAT DISLIKE THIS THEN DON'T MISS WITH IT INORGE IT I DON'T NEED YOU THOUGHTS OR DRAMA OK!! BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT LIKE LOVE AND MISS THIS SHOW TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND AND IF YOU LIKE MY IDEA AGREE OK!! :D
  • One of the Classics that was cancelled due to Change and the curse of the movie....

I always loved to watch this show when i was younger, when i was in preschool i watched every single episode. It had good plots, sufficient comedy, and action, and this is suprising because im a male. However when McCrakken went on to make Foster\'s (a very good show) and the movie (which was terrible and led to its cancellation) it was a terrible show with the exception of Speeding Bullet. If Foster\'s gets canceled, McCrakken should come back. Quote :
    Buttercup: Squeak squeaker squeak squeak?
    Translation: Ouch! the broccoli is on the roof?
    Blossom: SqeakSqueak Squeak Squak?
    Translation: Farewell to you long Pony.
  • One of the greatest on Cartoon Network. Nuff said.

I was such a fan of this show when I was little. Heck, I always used to watch this show more than any others on CN, when cartoons were still good. I mean, a show about three little girls who have superpowers and fight crime? Now that's something I would stick to. I was a really really huge fan; I had almost everything Powerpuff Girls!! I am also so glad that it's come to DVD, and I can't wait to get it! But for now, at least it still comes on every once in a while! My favorite characters are Bubbles, Blossom, Buttercup, Mojo, and Bunny (who died!)! I swear, this show is the best! I'm glad CN came to their senses to put it back on every now and then!
  • I Love This!

Bad Reviews? REALLY?!?!?!?!

Not My Fav CN Show (Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy Is) But Still Kicks...BUTT!!!!!

Some People Say This Is For Girls But, They Don't Give Awesome Shows Like This A Chance!

Great Show 9.5!
  • Get A Life People Who Are Thumbing Down

Seriously? Thumbing down every positive comment? Get a life!
  • I adored it...until the last seasons.

I completely and utterly loved Powerpuff Girls. Sure, I didn't collect all the merch involved with it-but I watched nearly all the episodes, even stomaching down the Chris Savino made ones (which this review is primarily focusing on) after the--I'd say, where Knock It Off ended and they stopped using traditional cel animation, I stopped watching. Seriously, Chris, why would you scumbag up something as annoying as the later, flashier seasons with almost NO appearances by the Rogues Gallery that the Powerpuff Girls had worked so hard to characterize?! Even MOJO was dumbed down in the later seasons, and I thought he was cool up until that point. And especially Him, the creepiest villain ever, dumbed down and made more of a minor annoyance than a threat. Worse, none of the other villains appear, like Sedusa. What happened to her after Aspirations? And Princess? Where had she gone?!

All in all, the show was awesome, but when Chris took hold of it, it just lost its touch.
  • PPG is another CN masterpiece.

Created by Craig McCracken, The Powerpuff Girls has become popular with a broad audience. The Powerpuff Girls first incarnation was as a project for Craig McCracken's college class at The California Arts Institution in 1992. Three years later, the crew at Cartoon Network saw it and gave it its… More first pilot in 1995. Later on in the following year, The Powerpuff Girls had their second pilot, and finally a TV series in 1998.

8.5 out of 10

• One of the most funniest shows ever seen. It is a super hero show but kind of makes fun of other super hero shows. You just need to wath and see.

I like the show very much. It may seem that it is for girls, but not really 100%. It has tons of humor, some of them being satire, but still very funny. One note: The rumor that the show is cancelled is not true, the show is just on Hiatus for now. New episodes will be shown later. Since this show works with some big town actors it can be hard to keep up. For those waiting, please try to be patient.
  • this show is sooo tight cartoon network is so stupid to take it out for dumbbutt shows like juniper lee or camp lazelgbloo

this was one of the coolest shows on cartoonnetwork who the idiot who thought of cancelling it anyway craige mcraigen is awsome and this cartoon was the bomb i think they should defnetly give it a 2nd chance if not then
    make another movie or put it on boomarang
    and soon
  • Saving the world before bedtime.

The first two or three seasons of the Powerpuff Girls were some of the most brilliant things I have ever seen. At first, it was sort of my secret obsession, and after a while I finally realized that it was okay that I was obsessed with this show. The idea of three 5 year old girls being super heros is really brilliant. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a show as much at one time as I did this one. Sadly, after a while it seemed to loose all of its magic, particially after the underappreciated movie. I think Craig McCracken wasn't as directly involved anymore, so the newer episodes just haven't been very good at all in my opinion. They went the way of stupid humor like Spongebob. Still, I will never forget the early glory of this show.