The Powerpuff Girls

The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!

Aired Wednesday 2:30 PM Jan 19, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• A great tribute to a great cartoon show that reminds us why this show was so great, and why it will continue to be great for future generations of children who love action/adventure shows. :idea:

It sounds really weird for me to say this, but I have never actually written a review for an episode of this show before. I've watched, loved, and enjoyed many episodes of this mostly well-written cartoon series, but so far, everything that I thought about other episodes of this cartoon series had been written by someone else. But for the first time, I've got something to say that no one else has said about this episode. When it comes to action and adventure, nobody could beat "The Powerpuff Girls." When it comes to comedy and female empowerment, nobody could beat "The Powerpuff Girls." And when it came to good writing, superb anime-inspired animation, interesting heroes and villains that many people the world over could identify and sometimes empathize/sympathize with, nobody could beat "The Powerpuff Girls." This cartoon show is what really put Cartoon Network on the map, and proved to everyone that this upstart network was a force that would not be denied, and was here to stay for the long haul, bringing cartoon lovers the best of all worlds under the sun. Cartoon Network has had more than its fair share of hit shows since "The Powerpuff Girls," but this show was the first show to make such a big impact at such an important time with so many messages as it did. Thanks in a big part to "The Powerpuff Girls," Cartoon Network has enjoyed 10 long years of fruitful creativity and prosperity that hasn't diminished, and hasn't lost any of its importance. And this episode special was an excellent chance to remind anyone who had forgotten their message, just why "The Powerpuff Girls" got so big to begin with. It wasn't just because of the action and adventure, it wasn't just about comedy and female empowerment (and I'm writing this as a guy,) and it wasn't just about good writing, superb anime-inspired animation, interesting heroes and/or villains, it was about all those things wrapped up into one fusion-packed package of awesomeness that many people liked and many people enjoyed. That is why I loved this show! ;)