The Powerpuff Girls

Twisted Sister / Cover Up

Aired Wednesday 2:30 PM May 26, 2000 on Cartoon Network

7.9
  • This is about "Twisted Sister." I know it's a classic, but it breaks my heart to see a team member die the same episode she was created in.

The episode begins when the girls, after fighting crime and saving the world, were tired and needed help. So, they decide to make a sister from artifical sweetner, lawn debris, and their favorite things for "everything nice." For a substitute Chemical X, they found another chemical, and "accidentally" drop it. With that, Bunny, a giant, was born. She misunderstood her sisters when they told her to fight the bad guys, mistaking the police to be the bad guys. The girls find out about it and are angry at Bunny. Bunny becomes sad and flies away, leaving the girls being punched up and clobbered by thugs they already put in jail. Bunny hears them in destress and comes to the rescue, beating the real bad guys. Bunny then becomes unstable and explodes. The girls wake up to find the bad guys beat up, and Bunny gone. Heartbroken, the girls mourn the death of their new sister.

• A new power puff girl!?

Twisted Sister: well to start off I already knew the new power puff girl was just going to be a 1 episode thing. But why did they have to kill her off so harshly. I was so surprised that a kid show did something like this. Although, Bunny was very annoying, it was still pretty sad when she died.

Cover Up: What is Buttercup doing in a closet all alone?" Turns out she has a blanket. In the beginning of this episode, I loved it because it was all a mystery, but when I found out it was a blanket. Didn't interest me much.