The Practice Forums

ABC (ended 2004)

Lindsay and Bobby

Whose fault was it that they broke up?

LostSux

[1]Aug 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think it was Lindsay's fault. Everytime she was in distress she blamed Bobby. She seemed to resent him because he was able to get over trauma a lot easier than her. Everytime they had a problem, instead of talking it out like Bobby usually wanted, she just wanted to yell at him, and vent her rage at him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hmnut7

[2]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 12

Mostly Lindsey's fault.

She even said she got that new office as a first step in leaving him. Lindsey is forever 'the victim" she is really a Mary Sue (sorry if you don't know you have to look up the term, but it is not a good thing). Lindsey kept pushing and pushing Bobby away, and then she gets all hurt when she realizes he does not adore her anymore. I have dated psycho girls who act like that too, and I run far far away.

randan02

[3]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    Yeah it was totally Lindsay's fault. She knew since the day she met him, that he was a loner-type guy. And she constantly used that against him in their arguments. It's like her being mad at him for being white or something. She knew he was white, from the second she met him. She married him anyway. Everytime they argued, she was like "you are are always so white, why do you do that?" She got mad at him for being something he can't change. I noticed women do that in general. They get with you knowing full well who and what you are, then hold that against you down the line. They treat guys like fixer-uppers. It's like "so he does these these things i don't like. But I'll break him of those things when we are a couple." Then they resent us when we don't change, and stay true to who we are. That little tirade was free therapy for me.

LostSux

[4]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 6

I voted for Lindsay. She never sought therapy everytime she was victimized. She let her anger boil, and let it explode onto Bobby everytime she couldn't find a mature way to express her feelings. She was emotionally immature.

I don't mean to turn my back on my own gender, but randan02 is right. A lot of female friends of mine have done what randan02 has apparently been a victim of multiple times. They get with a guy with the intention of changing the things they don't like about them. And when they get divorced, they blame it on all those things that they couldn't change about their husbands.

randan02

[5]Sep 17, 2007
    Ah, thank you.

hmnut7

[6]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    Oh yeah not for nothing Lindsay should have stayed in jail for killing that guy. The police were on the way and Bobby was right there and she just shot him. Classic Lindsay she does what ever she wants and then blames the person she hurts for everything.

randan02

[7]Oct 3, 2007
    Yeah, in the last few seasons, she was a total head case.

mackymacaspac

[8]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 78
    'twas the writers' fault! from the time they had that subplot where Lindsay went to jail, show went downhill.

Reinez0001

[10]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    It was partly Fox's fault for cutting the budget, which led to many of the cast members being fired from the show - including Kelly Williams who played Lindsay.

But most of the blame lies with the writers. For whatever reason - they took one of the show's best characters and turned her into a psychopath.

Personally I didn't think anything they put into the script gave Lindsay's drastic change in behavior any shred of credibility whatsoever. Instead I think most viewers saw it for what it was - an uninspired, tacked-on plot-device meant to shake things up and prepare the way for the planned cast firings in season 8.

It's unfortunate that in so doing they had to severely damage whatever lasting impression this character might have with viewers. Which is pretty much why I don't really read too much into it. I think the Practice had a great run - it was only a matter of time before the show would eventually have to end. But due to bad management - the show shattered on the kitchen floor like a plate rather than going gently to sleep.

X-RayVision

[11]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    Had to say Lindsay, she really became a cranky person who got randomly angry. Doesn't excuse some of Bobby's actions, but, he was waaaaay behind her in provocations.

iva1988

[12]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    not to be offtopic but i was curious when did they hook up for the first time? in the 1st season ? could you name me the episode so I can see how is it possible I've missed it. I'm watching re-runs of 2nd season and I got to the "last time" part....

kristeliz0215

[13]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 3

It was the writer's fault. Seasons 3-5 were amazing, and season 6 to an extent was great, until they turned Lindsay into a killer. After she killed Lawrence O'Malley and went to jail, you just knew it was the beginning of the end for the two of them.

I loved the two of them as a couple and the way it ended made me extremely sad. If there ever were to be a reunion show or made for TV movie or whatever, I would hope that Bobby and Lindsay would get back together.

And thinking about what happened to the show in season 8 always makes me angry. Who fires the majority of their cast and expects to continue with the same show?