The Practice Forums

ABC (ended 2004)

Season 7 Discussion

cwbybri

[1]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 24

Season 7 starts today on F/X.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the last season of the practice. Season 8 is really the first season of BL.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Cubtracker

[2]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 20
    cwbybri wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, this is the last season of the practice. Season 8 is really the first season of BL.

Young, Berluti and Frutt may beg to differ.

joeyheric

[3]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    This may be the last season of the real Practice but it is also the worse. Except for a few bright momets the whole season is very melancholy. And the great humor that was in previous seasons is missing. So after what I saw on season 7 I was glad for the changes into season 8.

cwbybri

[4]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 24
    Cubtracker wrote:
    cwbybri wrote:

Young, Berluti and Frutt may beg to differ.

They actually may not. Most of the season was written for Shore. The remaining cast members from the first seven years took a back seat. There was a wonderful civil rights episode that was written mostly for Young. A story that could have been a good 3-5 episode arc, but it was contained in one episode. Even the finale was all about the new show.

joeyheric

[5]Feb 28, 2007

wen did ABC tell DEK that he had to cut back on costs or TP would be canceled?

I assume it was halfway through season 7 and DEK decided to go with the Bobby Lindsy soap oprea and breakup.

joeyheric

[6]Mar 8, 2007
    ATT: I l ooked at FX schedule and after season 7 they will start over with season 1. What the hell is this? What happen to season 8. I think it must be DEKs doing. To erase from history any reference thet BL is a spinoff of TP.

mrpractice

[8]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    I had a huge problem losing Bobby and other charcters but had no problem with Shore being given a big role......

But not the only role.

He as we all seen was given nearly every intresting case.I'll admit i rather enjoyed most of it but franly a bitter taste was left in my mouth.Eugene,Jimmy,Ellenor and Jamie were sweeped to the side.Thats was disgracful,what ever way DEK spins it.The only bit of Season 8 that gave me closure was the last frame,where bobby sat on his own.

I loved Season 7.Obviously the last few shows were kinda annoying but it was about charcters we cared for.

So yeah,i would'nt mind forgetting Season 8.

8speed

[9]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    joeyheric wrote:

wen did ABC tell DEK that he had to cut back on costs or TP would be canceled?

I assume it was halfway through season 7 and DEK decided to go with the Bobby Lindsay soap oprea and breakup.

I think at the time, DEK didn't know if The Practice was coming back or not so he kinda made the last Season 7 episodes the finale. It was very open-ended.

I just watch it again and the series could've ended with Bobby leaving the firm. They've always said that Bobby was the face of the firm and it'd end without him. They even left Lindsay's plot up in the air, with Eugene making her an offer to rejoin "The Practice", and her stating that she would think about it (conditioned that she would bring in Claire too).

Both characters' future was very ambiguous. Both left, but could come back... next season or otherwise.

Then, I would assume that after S7... over the summer, DEK got the word that there would be cut backs, and only a select few would have their contracts renewed. At least, this is how I think it went down.

Looking back, it's a shame they couldn't get Lindsay back. I like her character and she had some great civil cases that I've always enjoyed watching. Plus, she was easy on the eyes. And then you'd have the two newbies, Jamie and Claire, getting along and supporting each other like they did in Season 7.

Edited on 03/31/2007 2:23am
    Edited 2 total times.

Cubtracker

[10]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 20
    And the only reason I started watching TP on FX was season 8.  Sorry I ever bothered, now.

Kadodian

[11]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    That was so sad

X-RayVision

[12]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well one of the things with Season 7 was ABC messed with their timeslot, they got taken from their long standing sunday spot and were moved to Monday nights, and I'm pretty sure that the viewers didn't follow. This really set the stage for a lot of uncertainty about whether or not there would be a season 8.