The Practice

We the People

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 28, 2003 on ABC

7.7
  • This episode explains why the series were brought down after this season.

This episode was so badly written I was offended by it. Over the past 7 years we have come to know Bobby, Lindsay, Rebecca, Lucy and Helen just as much as we have come to love them.
    Now the last episode of season 7 explained why Bobby was leaving the firm. But that's it. No explanation as to why Lindsay decided not to come "home", as she put it.
    No explanation why Lucy quit.
    No explanation where Rebecca went.
    No explanation what happened to Helen.

And we are supposed to be take interest in the cases? This show has stopped being about the cases a long time ago. It was about coworkers. And suddenly nobody remembers their best friends enough, to talk about them?

Usually a season opener is connected to the last episode aired. Here a decade could have gone by and we would not even get so much as a notice.

I am disappointed. I am sad and I am offended that one of my favourite shows was put to death before its time.

Lets not kid ourselves this is what it really was. If you take away 5 out of 8 Characters that have been on the show for over four years without so much as an explanation, you could just kill the show right there. Who'll keep watching? In this outrage I forgot something: Where is Claire? Wasn't Lindsay saying she would be back at the firm with her? Where her boobs to small to stay on screen? Because Jaimie is with the firm...

I'm sorry, I'm just so fed up with being disappointed by writers of TV-Shows. When they are fed up like Joss Whedon why don't they just say so? Why do they crush our little worlds?
  • Season opener

The season opener returns to Sunday nights after a disastrous previous season on Tuesday nights. Which is one reason that ratings plummeted in season 7 and made ABC force David E. Kelly to revamp the show by mainly firing high priced stars Dylan McDermott, Lara Flynn Boyle and Keli Williams. Now we have The Practice being ran buy Eugene Young with 2 new workers, Tara Wilson who just oozes sexuality and Alan Shore the top anti trust lawyer in the state. But from the beginning introduction of Alan Shore it is obvious that he is one disturbed man. Eleanor defends Chris O’Donnell as Brad Starfield accused of of killing his wife and unborn son. With use of Chris O’Donnell a young popular movie star DEK is trying to kick off season 8 with a bang. The story line with Eugene and Jimmy defending a woman who shot a crack dealer on her street is very good. Jimmy comes across as pretty tough when dealing with a unfair judge. Its unusual to see Eugene and Jimmy defending vigilante justice but they do a great job of it. This season opener shows they may be life yet in The Practice.