The Pretender

The Dragon House (2)

Aired Saturday 9:00 PM May 17, 1997 on NBC

• Jarod goes into the Centre to rescue his brother.

I wasn't a fan of Harriet Tashman. I found her quite annoying in both parts of Dragon House.

I loved Jeffrey Donovan and thought he did an amazing job. We see the truth behind his character when Kyle is being tortured at the beginning; then again, when Miss Parker speaks to him. He's angry and wants to lash out at people, but we're reminded of his humanity when Miss Parker speaks of her dead mother. Kyle is sad and knows something we don't. This was great because it peeked my interest. Unfortunately, we never learned what he did know.

the end of the episode killed him off...sort of. There's no remains in the van. We're supposed to think that Kyle's dead, but I knew from the start that he wasn't. It was too obvious, but still, I loved how Kyle was trying to get his brother to leave. He was protecting him, and it was a great ending to all the angst and disturbing things we know about him.
  • Part two of this two part episode, the season finale for the first season, is one of the most classic episodes in the entire series of the Pretender. Jarod finds his brother, discovers his families past, and much much more.

Jarod sees his mom and sister, but has to escape at the last second. Raines is shot and catches on fire. Mr. Lyle is mentioned for the first time. More action, more discovery, but even more mysteries have started!