The Price is Right Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBSIn Season

Million $ Show-Spectacular?

Larexx

[1]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    I thought is was! Drew in a tux, the models in beautiful gowns, expensive prizes & lots of chances to win a million dollars. And what a surprise ending. Adam comes within $1000- of his showcase, wins all the prizes in both showcases and 1 million dollars! Spectacular show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lascarlet

[2]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    Adam is very lucky for getting $880 less than the actual price of the showcase. I agreed that it was very spectacular.

TriviaDude

[3]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 25

Congratulations to Adam. Not only did he pull off winning BOTH SHOWCASES + $1,000,000 bonus, but also won $20K in Grand Game. He got double-sirened (or in my terms, it's called a BI-SLAM!) If he had won $55,000 on the Wheel, he would've achieved a GRAND SLAM!

I've witnessed two BI-SLAMS in the history of the show...

Arlene; December 8, 1988 (Grand Game/Bonus Spin)

Lilia; May 3, 2000 (Punch-A-Bunch/Bonus Spin)

RoyalTigress

[4]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 2

I completely agree. It was some episode! I can't believe I almost missed it! I had heard about it, but I forgot about it until one of my friends mentioned it in her Facebook status! Adam certainly was excitable, wasn't he? After the Big Wheel round, I jokingly said to myself, "If you win a million dollars, I'm not watching!" Then, when Drew read the actual retail price of his showcase, and I realized he might be within $1,000, I was stunned stiff for a moment! Drew was so calm about it that it didn't sink in immediately.

How many times has someone actually won a million dollars on this show? I know it doesn't happen often.

Edited on 02/23/2008 5:56pm

MajLorne

[5]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    For One Away, I wished I was the contestant instead of that guy, I would've changed the 4th rather than 2nd number on the 1st try and then would've won the car and $1 mil. lol

Anyway, b4 Drew started as host, I don't think anyone has ever won the $1 mil on this show. As basically it was just the wheel that you had to get the $1 twice to win it. Now the $1 mil is no longer the wheel, but 1 of the 6 regular games and then the showcase showdown where the guy had to get w/in $1000 to win not only both shows, but also the other $1 mil.

Well not to criticize the guy, but he did seem a bit 'giddy' [than your average contestant]? But congrats to him for winning the big prize.

markdoublea84

[6]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 58
    I DVR'ed the $1 million Spectacular the other night. What a grand finale it was to see Adam not only a double-showcase winner, but a millionaire as well! He won $1,020,000 in cash, two cars, among other prizes. Adam's grand total was over $1,153,000 - a record-breaking total in Price is Right History! The guy went totally crazy.

Speaking of record breaking, did you see that lady who broke the winning Plinko total on Christmas Day? The new total in Plinko is I believe over $30,000.

Returning to the $1 million show, remember when I said Adam went crazy finding he won the whole enchalada in the Showcase? The lady in the first pricing game was so lucky to win her car in Lucky 7 on her last dollar. You should've seen her reaction.

Altogether, they gave away four cars that night. I am never wanting to delete the $1 million episode from my DVR'ed programs list.

Again, congrats Adam! This is a spectacular that will live on in Price is Right history.

staridol822

[7]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    That was the greatest MDS ever in my mind! I was in a chatroom at Golden-Road.net with about 60 other fans discussing the show while we watched, and the room practically exploded when it was revealed that Adam had won the million. Believe me, he deserved every penny of it (which, by the way, now stands as the biggest win of any TPIR series worldwide)!

markdoublea84

[8]Mar 9, 2008
    If you thought Adam winning the million dollars on Feb 22 was the most exciting thing you've ever seen in Price is Right history, you should have seen the MDS that aired two nights ago. That, in fact, is the third MDS in a row that ared and there'll be another one airing on Friday March 14. Michael just EXPLODED when he found himself as a double-showcase winner. Michael missed his showcase by at least $400. He is currently the second biggest winner in the history of this game show!

The loot Michael won included a trip to Paris, a trip to Vegas, two automobiles, among other prizes. If you thought giving so much cash away was exciting, you should have calculated the cash total the show gave away that night: $1,030,000. The other contestant in the Showcase, Jason, won $30,000 total on the big wheel.

Even though none of the contestants won the big prizes in the six pricing games, it was a thrill to see the show end on a high note with a double-showcase win. Judging by the sneek peeks of the spectaculars, there might be another million dollar winner this Friday night, CBS seems to have pre-recorded these spectaculars priar to the air dates assigned.

markdoublea84

[9]Apr 6, 2008
    OMG! What an exciting show it was last night!

Cynthia won $1 million in Clock Game. Normally, one gets $5,000 if they guess both prices in under 30 seconds on the primetime version. Cynthia just guessed the price of the sofa on her first go! WOW! She got both prices in less than 10 seconds, and that's how she won the $1 mil as well as the garanteed minimum of $5,000. Of course, they could have sounded the bell-and-siren noises instead of the ding sounds when Cynthia won the $1 million. At least they descended the confetti downpour. ICBI, they've got a female millionaire!

Here are the top 3 Price is Right all-time winners so far:

1. Adam Rose - $1,153,908

2. Michael Hanes - $1,127,062

3. Cynthia Azavio - $1,089,017

At least Cynthia got to be in the Showcase that night. Had she bid $78,000 on her Showcase instead of $75,000, she would have become the all-time Price is Right winner with a grand total of $2,156,654. OMG, $2.15 million - that would have brought huge tears of joy to Cynthia's eyes. She must be the first ever $1 million winning lady contestant on the show. I hope they had enough confetti left had there been a double-showcase win. There would've been a BI-SLAM (as classified by TriviaDude).

I've been DVRing every single TPIR/MDS since Feb 22. Will there be a $2 million winner? Will someone beat Adam Rose out of the top-winning spot in TPIR history? Tune in for the next MDS April 11 to find out!
    Edited on 05/29/2008 10:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

markdoublea84

[10]Apr 6, 2008
    I forgot to mention something in my last post. On the latest MDS, they gave away a $87,000+ Dodge Viper in Golden Road. Mary might of passed out when she found out she had won it.

Cynthia, OTOH, won 3 jeeps in her showcase, and Jenny won a car in Any Number. So lots of great stuff was given away that night. They had big winners in the first 4 pricing games in a row!

Dru showed such enthusiasm when Cynthia won the $1 mil in Clock Game.
    Edited on 04/06/2008 7:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.

markdoublea84

[11]May 1, 2008
    The Million Dollar Spectaculars have been moved from Friday nights to Wednesday nights.

I missed last night's show. Has anybody seen it? If so, ...

1. What pricing games were played
    2. What game had the $1 million chance
    3. Did anyone win the $1 mil?
    4. Were any winning records broken?

I forgot to DVR last night's show. I'll get ready for next Wednesday' show. I will also be deleting the 6 previous MDS's since they were then.

You must admit, Dru looks nice in a tuxido. I don't know about Bob Barker in a tuxido. I don't think he even wore one when he did those MDS's.

markdoublea84

[12]May 8, 2008
    Did you see that MDS that aired last night? The Plinko record has officially been broken, thanks to Lindsay Dikstra. Lindsay is now currently the highest Plinko winner with $41,000. Two of her chips landed in the $20,000 slot. Had one of her othe three chips landed in the $20,000 slot, she would've gotten the chance at the $1 mil with the golden Plinko chip. I wonder if it'll happen soon. Even so, she'd still be the all-time Plinko champ.

Seems like not many users who are fans of the show thought about watching the MDS I missed on Apr 30. But get ready for the next MDS which will air May 14. If anything big happens, I'll keep you up to date.
    Edited on 06/05/2008 1:04pm

markdoublea84

[13]May 28, 2008
    They aired a re-run of one of the Price is Right MDSs tonight. It was the night when Michael won a total of over $1,127,000 (see post .

Gosh, who knows if CBS will be airing anymore re-runs of those previously aired spectaculars.

anglemark10

[14]May 31, 2008
    • level: 70

They will re-run a lot of them:

24SP 6/4/08

26SP 6/11/08

28SP 6/18/08

33SP 6/25/08

27SP 7/2/08

32SP 7/9/08

MajLorne

[15]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 21
    Tonight is the episode where that contestant Adam won both showcases and the $1mil. So to anyone catch the end if you can.

markdoublea84

[16]Jun 5, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:
    Tonight is the episode where that contestant Adam won both showcases and the $1mil. So to anyone catch the end if you can.

I saw that show last night. One of PIR's most unforgetable spectaculars ever taped.

markdoublea84

[17]Jun 12, 2008
    They played the show where Cynthia won a mil in Clock Game last night. PIR's first first female millionaire!
    Edited on 06/12/2008 9:22pm

markdoublea84

[18]Jun 19, 2008
    At the very beginning of last night's spectacular, itshowed the three $1 mil winners: Adam, Michael, and Cynthia.

Did you see that guy who just walked right through the price of the car in Pathfinder? James just went crazy when he found he won a convertable. He didn't even miss once!

I believe this must be the show I missed on April 30.

Antique22

[19]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 11

Adam Rose has got to be one of the best The Price Is Right contestants in the history of the show and boy he's so lucky to be the first million dollar winner of The Price Is Right because I have never seen a contestant win both showcases at the same time and no other contestant has ever done it before on TPIR. The other female winner Cynthia is amazing because she really showed her stuff on the Clock Game by getting the price on the sofa right on her very first chance {When I was young my mom and I played The Price Is Right on the computer and she could NEVER win the Clock Game and I would always coach Mom and when she did it wrong I would laugh} and I am so glad to see female millionaires on game shows and Cynthia proved it on TPIR. And I am so surprised that Michael Hanes did a wonderful job at becoming the second million dollar winner on The Price Is Right,

Tiki