The Price is Right Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBSIn Season

new season

bobpants

[1]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 3

Does anyone officially know the date of the 39th season or do we just know that it is going to be in the fall?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

markdoublea84

[2]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 58
    The 1st ep of season 39 just aired today. There were several new things on the show, including a new announcer and a new pricing game they call "Pay the Rent".

Adam Sandler created that new game? Guess it all comes from thinking about his role in Happy Gilmore.

At the last level in "Pay the Rent", I was hoping for the contestant to stop and take the $10,000, but she chose to risk it hoping that the cat food was more than $10+. The top prize in the newest game is $100,000 I hope one day someone who plays "Pay the Rent" will get to the top.

ireeagle

[3]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 9

markdoublea84 wrote:
    The 1st ep of season 39 just aired today. There were several new things on the show, including a new announcer and a new pricing game they call "Pay the Rent". Adam Sandler created that new game? Guess it all comes from thinking about his role in Happy Gilmore. At the last level in "Pay the Rent", I was hoping for the contestant to stop and take the $10,000, but she chose to risk it hoping that the cat food was more than $10+. The top prize in the newest game is $100,000 I hope one day someone who plays "Pay the Rent" will get to the top.

The new announcer's voice is a little bit lower than Rich Fields' voice. His name is JD Roberto and he's doing okay right now.

TabbieMcCatt

[4]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    He is doing ok but I miss Rich Fields... Tabbie likes a high voice.

anglemark10

[5]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 70

markdoublea84 wrote:
    There were several new things on the show, including a new announcer and a new pricing game they call "Pay the Rent". Adam Sandler created that new game? Guess it all comes from thinking about his role in Happy Gilmore.

Different Adam Sandler. The one that created the game is one of the show's producers.

Antique22

[6]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 11

ireeagle wrote:

markdoublea84 wrote:
    The 1st ep of season 39 just aired today. There were several new things on the show, including a new announcer and a new pricing game they call "Pay the Rent". Adam Sandler created that new game? Guess it all comes from thinking about his role in Happy Gilmore. At the last level in "Pay the Rent", I was hoping for the contestant to stop and take the $10,000, but she chose to risk it hoping that the cat food was more than $10+. The top prize in the newest game is $100,000 I hope one day someone who plays "Pay the Rent" will get to the top.

The new announcer's voice is a little bit lower than Rich Fields' voice. His name is JD Roberto and he's doing okay right now.

Was JD Roberto that guy that replaced Pat Finn on Shop Til You Drop when it was on the PAX Network? Because I'm surprised that CBS chose him to be the announcer for The Price Is Right because he's one of the newest game show stars. And also are you telling me that Adam Sandler created the new Pay The Rent game for TPIR? Because I find that wonderful because Adam Sandler is my favorite actor and it was awesome that he got to be part of The Price Is Right,

Tiki

markdoublea84

[7]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 58
    Antique22 wrote:
    Was JD Roberto that guy that replaced Pat Finn on Shop Til You Drop when it was on the PAX Network? Because I'm surprised that CBS chose him to be the announcer for The Price Is Right because he's one of the newest game show stars. And also are you telling me that Adam Sandler created the new Pay The Rent game for TPIR? Because I find that wonderful because Adam Sandler is my favorite actor and it was awesome that he got to be part of The Price Is Right,
    Tiki

Oh yeah. I remember JD Roberto hosting Shop 'Til You Drop on PAX (which is now ION) network. Another user says that Adam Sandler is a different one. It's kind of like two different Tom Cruises. The Tom Cruise you see in those Hover-Round commercials during the show is not the same one who is the actor who played in such movies like The Last Samaeri.

ireeagle

[8]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 9

TabbieMcCatt wrote:
    He is doing ok but I miss Rich Fields... Tabbie likes a high voice.

Rich Fields was way better better than this current guy and his substitutes.

Larexx

[9]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 11

Apparently, Rich Fields has moved on to become a LA meteorologist. He will be missed but atleast he is still alive unlike previous TPIR announcers Johnny Olsen & Rod Roddy!

I enjoyed the newest game "Pay Rent" with the possiblity of winning the largest monetary amount ever offered by the TPIR $100,000!! Drew Carey introduced the guy who invented the game as Adam Sandler but not the actor but someone who actually worked on the show. I've only seen it once but hope to see it more often with an eventual winner. That's a game worth playing!

Rat Race is another new game & last week a woman actually won all three prizes including the car. You get to pick 3 different colored rats to run the race by telling the prices of 3 prizes within $1 of the 1st prize, $10 of the 2nd prize & $100 of the 3rd prize. Which is relatively easy to do but you still have to rely on your "rats" to place 1st, 2nd & 3rd to win the prizes. I always enjoy new games. Someone sure has to put on their thinking caps to come up with a winning idea!