The Price is Right Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBSIn Season

Really???

bobpants

[1]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 3

I saw the TPIR Breaking News on AOL's homepage and I click to read it, now, I understand that Rich Fields is leaving, but I also read that TPIR is now going to run for 38 minutes or something next season. Is that right?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ireeagle

[2]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 9

bobpants wrote:

I saw the TPIR Breaking News on AOL's homepage and I click to read it, now, I understand that Rich Fields is leaving, but I also read that TPIR is now going to run for 38 minutes or something next season. Is that right?

I understand that Rich Fields is leaving, but next season, it will stay for an hour.

disneyizer

[3]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 5
    A "one hour" show is typically about 40 minutes in length before the commercials are added to make it one hour.

anglemark10

[4]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 70
    Going by the times listed for the full-episode videos on CBS.com, most are just over 38 minutes.

Larexx

[5]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 11

Before this season started, I came across a Los Angeles weather newscast & much to my surprise it was Rich Fields! I didn't believe it until his name appeared at the bottom of the screen. Then it became clear, without him on TPIR, that he left the show to become an LA meteorologist. Sorry I don't remember what network he was on but apparently that is what he is now doing. And doesn't Drew Carey look great?! He must have had lapband surgery or something to lose that much weight that quickly. Good for him!!

anglemark10

[6]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 70

Larexx wrote:

Before this season started, I came across a Los Angeles weather newscast & much to my surprise it was Rich Fields! I didn't believe it until his name appeared at the bottom of the screen. Then it became clear, without him on TPIR, that he left the show to become an LA meteorologist. Sorry I don't remember what network he was on but apparently that is what he is now doing.

Just to be clear, he didn't leave the show to become a meteorologist. He became a meteorologist because he was let go from the show.

Larexx

[7]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 11

Do you know whyRich Fieldswas let go?

They've had 6 "Guest Announcers" this season. JD Roberto, Brad Sherwood, Jeff Davis, David Lawrence, George Gray & Steve White. I wonder if they will choose one of them to be the permanent announcer. I think they've all done a good job so I really don't have a preference but I think they should choose one!