The Price is Right Forums

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBSIn Season

The Price is right taping

Sundance316

[1]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    Does anyone know what time of the day The Price is Right is actually taped? I know it airs in the late morning, but I wanted to try to get on the show and needed to know what time of the day it's taped. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

that70sshow2000

[2]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 15
    It's taped about 3:15, starting time. I should know, I went last May.

killerband55

[3]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

how was it, and how do they decide on who goes on stage? like do they have to get your info before you get inside the studio?

TheKingOfKC_07

[4]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    The guys at http://www.golden-road.net/ have all the info you need.

that70sshow2000

[5]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 15

killerband55 wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    how was it, and how do they decide on who goes on stage? like do they have to get your info before you get inside the studio?

You wait outside the studio from generally 1am to 6-7am. That's when they start the process of finding out who has what kind of tickets, getting the line moving, labeling each person/group as "stand-by" or something else---I forget the term they used. A few people (who were in front of the line) had gotten their over a day in advance. That's pointless. Since it only determines where you sit in the audience and they don't pick people based on that.

Oh, yeah. If you're labeled stand-by you get a tie around your wrist and you are automatically in after the 7:15am break at 8:15am. Otherwise you have to come back to see if there is room for you.

You enter the studio gates and go off to the side. They explain the rules, etc. There are camera hidden about you on the shading "roof" outside to see how you interact with everyone. Then there's a lunch break. Then it's time for auditions. You get put into four groups and each group, one by one, go off to the side and each person in the group introduce themselves, their occupation/school studies, hobbies, etc. Based on this and the camera findings is how they determine you comes on down.

You get inside the studio. Seating placements are RANDOM. Actually I made a mistake before. Seating is NOT based on where you were in line. It's totally random. Me and my friend sat on the end in the middle toward the top row on the left if you're looking out from the stage.

Signs were used to say "APPLAUD" etc. They told us to SCREAM AND CLAP when Bob came out, when we came back from a commerical, during a win, etc.

They told us NOT to hurt Bob.

It was really cool.

Studio is WAY smaller than it looks. And in person you can see its age.

To get to the studio, you go up some stairs, like 7 and then it turns left and then another 7 etc. The stairs are in this tall, thin part of the building. Then you enter the actual room and it's soo weird b/c you're so used to seeing it on TV.

I can't even describe the feeling. You gotta experience.

Best I can say, is it is really surreal.

After the show, you get up, chat a bit, and leave. Go to the gift shop, and then go back on the streets of LA, realizing the magic and glammer portrayed on TV is just that---TV.