The Price is Right

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBS Premiered Sep 04, 1972 In Season

anglemark10

The Price is Right Fan Reviews (119)

• Drew looks bad

The new season of TPIR just started and Drew looks awful. He's gained weight and his hair looks awful. After all this time of staying thin, now he's getting fat again.

Also- I see nothing's changed regarding all the black contestants. Everyday there are 2-5 black contestants on the show. Where are the Hispanics, Asians, Indians, etc? Why is it mandatory to have so many blacks everyday? I know Drew has a thing for black women. He almost drools every time a black woman gets on stage.
  • Black Lives Matter on The Price is Right

The new season is starting and nothing has changed! Is it fair that half the contestants chosen are black. Who is responsible for that policy and why hasn't someone filed a reverse racism lawsuit?
  • The Price is Wrong.

This for all people THE WACTH THE PRICE IS RIGTH" If you notices most contestan that are africa american. Are been called to come on down but the most important is Not the drulling of DREW CAREY when an Black Ladies go on stage. If you Look at Drew to try to help the Contestan by givinh away The Big price especial if that price is A car or Big Money check Drew hands or that way he holds his fingers to help the contestan by touching them.

This is Not a fair for all of Us special They Now called most African American to be a contestan Minority they are Not. Latinos people Now are The Minorities on this FOR This Man to be The Host of The Most seem TV SHOW IN AMERICA .And been a croak by Helping them to win all the Good Prices Check it Out Look at his Hands. Bo Baker if your still with Us Find someone else to Run your Show. Thanks
  • Game Show Racism

You can always count on 3 out of 6 contestants being black - that's 50% of those chosen compared with being only 13% of the population... It's even worse on other game shows where you find 3 our of 4 hosts are blacks...... This seems to be either selective racist or represents a demographic that black viewers outnumber whites by a very substantial amount.
  • A full detailed day of going to the PRICE IS RIGHT

HERE IS EXACTLY THE SCHEDULE OF A LIVE AUDIENCE OF THE PRICE IS RIGHT

Time it took: 730 AM- 230PM (Got there 730- moved in lines until 12, in studio at 1230 left at More Details below

Priority tickets get immediate access, so get those. But if you don't, below is the process and times for general admission

We had General Tickets for the 9:00 AM 08/14/17. We got there at 730 and drove around looking for parking.

My Advice: Drop someone in your party off along the road to get in line and meet back up.

Line starts at fairfax ave. We waited in line until about 9. Priority tickets got access first. The Price is Right only allows 270 people inside. Priority's first then the remaining general admissions until 270 is booked. We were 60th in line, but after all the priority's and the 60 people in front of us got in, we were number 186-187. They give you a number sticker to wear.

Once off the street, I you get into another long line under a roof, much like a line at six flags or a theme park. Benches are there. You have to fill out a information packet, you are in number order, then you get your name tag yellow sticker written by a girl named Hannah, continue to wait in line for a photo for you. By this time it is about 1015.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. THIS IS HOW YOU GET SELECTED TO BE ON THE SHOW AND COME ON DOWN

After your picture you move around the cover to another similar line to the first. This is were a man named Stan takes 30 people at a time. Remember those number stickers? Remember the 270 people? 1-30 move up first then 31-60......241-270. STAN PICKS 1 PERSON FOR EACH GROUP OF 30. He goes down the line to every person, says your name, shakes your hand, ask what you do for work and where you are from. 270/30=9. There are 9 contestants that get called down per show (The first 4 to start, then five after someone goes on stage).

THIS IS WHERE YOU MUST SAY OR DO SOMETHING TO IMPRESS STAN.

You only get 10 seconds so be clever or convincing. Once he finishes talking to everyone he thanks you and moves down the building to the final line. As everyone walks away he tells his assistant to write down the number of the contestant he wants. By this time its 1045.

The next line is like the picture line. This is where they take your phone and go through security and wait until 1130-12 before you go into the studio. They have food available, Pizza, Wraps, sandwiches chips drinks etc. Cash only. Once everyone goes through security, they move all 270 into the studio. The middle sections seats of the studio fill in first (Another reason to show up early or get priority seats) I was in the small section on the left by George Gray. By this time it was 1230

The studio is very small. You will be surprised when you walk in. And the microphone they talk into is for the TV's only, so you can never hear what Drew says during a game, or when George calls a name to come down. A stage guy holds a white posterboard with the name of the person who was called. They take breaks at the same exact times as when the TV show does. Drew and George tell stories and shake hands and talk with people in the audience. It is really fun. We had a tv screen break so it took like 45 minutes to get them to fix it. After the showcase, you exit the studio the way you come in. BY this time it was 230. You exit into one last long line to return your cell phones.

If you have anymore questions fill free to ask.

• Grandma

The audience is about 3/4 white yet you always have 2 or 3 blacks as contestants. You are not fair to whites.
  • The Price is Right is so Racist in Favor of Minorities

Must be they have the NAACP breathing down their necks.

Oh how I long for the the days of Bob Barker.

Also notice how Drew drools all over those black ladies.

2 blacks in the showcase today yet the audience is aboout 6% black.

Another show I shall dump for being rigged.

• unfair treatment

Do you notice how the price is right at the beginning of the show always pick one black contestant and the rest is white tell me that is not discrimination, they are unfair in picking minority contestants, the odds are always against minority contestants in having a chance to win on the show, how sad and here we are in 2017.
  • Awful

This show has lost its class and enjoyment. What a disgrace Drew and those dumb models are let alone the announcer. The era with Barker and his beauties is all gone. This is a bubble gum bimbo show. Even the music is awful. I want to punch my tv when i see those bimbos wave.
  • Biased

I used to watch this show all the time until I decided to study it because of what I noticed. When I watched it with friends they were surprised that I could pick the winner of the spin the wheel about 95% of the time. A large number of women and especially black women are selected. Very few white males are selected. I wish someone would study this and document their findings. Categories would be something like this: Women,

black women, Hispanic women, Asian women, white women, same categories for men, people in military, senior citizens. I don't watch the show any more because it is too racist.
  • Newbias

It's certainly noticeable that even though the ratio in the audience whites to blacks is far more contestants are not random , who owes the NAACP a favor these days???
  • Do the TPIR contestants know?

I love Drew, he is a great host. It is obvious that the people who pick the 9 contestants to "come on down" have a race component to the selection process. Normally, when you look at the entire audience, about 15% have dark skin with 85% being light skinned. There always seemed to be a consistence selection of 3 to 4 dark skin contestants per show. Based on the law of averages this can't happen on a regular basis without a predetermined selection process. The obvious question here is, are the people who stand in line to get into the audience aware of the selection criteria?
  • Fun Show

I have watched this since I was little. I make it a point to watch whenever I sick at home. The male models are weird IMO. I think drew does a great job.
  • Quit watching

It is so sad what has happened to the price is right. The show has turned out to be so prejudice. Drew only likes the blacks and always tells them how beautiful they r. They get called up more then the whites and miraculously seem to always win. I'm done watching this show after 40 years until they get rid of drew and can quit being so prejudice.
  • show is racist

first of all like people are saying is that this show is for the blacks every time i see it they have a least 4 or sometimes 4 at a time and only three whites I hope you read this stand your an idiot you should be fired if this keeps up im only watching wheel of fortune
  • Why so many black contestants?

I am really disgusted that TPIR is picking so many black people that just do stupid displays of excitement during their appearance. There aren't enough Hispanic or Asians selected.
  • How contestants are picked

I'd say about 80% of the audience is pale skinned and 20% darker skinned. When I was there of the nine contestants picked only two had pale skin!! If you were dark skinned your odds of being picked were much greater. Second, there are probably about 80% women and 20% men, but at least two men get picked every time. Here's how it goes - 4 very dark skinned, 3 medium dark skin, and 2 light skinned. There is usually a "dumb" male or older male and a blond girl. I have NEVER seen a redhead. Plus -- here goes-- you MUST have good teeth, you must jump up and down when interviewed, but without contorted facial expressions. There is NOTHING random about picking contestants - it's all very racist and biased. If you go to the show, expect to spend 5 hours there. Four hours are made up of three holding areas. (Bring something to do) Plus there are two options for food during the holding time. Both not good and very expensive. The show tapes straight through and takes about an hour. I was surprised at how rinky-dink everything was. The people that work there are really not very nice and almost appear to have an attitude of contempt for the audience. Before starting the show, they make you think that if you keep cheering, you'll have a better chance of getting on - not true - everyone is picked in advance. I saw the crew before the show looking in the audience to see where the people that they had chosen were sitting. (They were holding the person's picture from when they took Once the last contestant is chosen, they say they will have a $100 drawing if the audience keeps cheering. One surprising thing for me, was that I couldn't hear them call the contestant down (they held up a placard with his or her name on it) and I couldn't hear the descriptions of anything. Nothing is given to the audience - not even lunch.
  • Drew Carey? Really?

Dry, unfunny, and boring.. like a piece of toast.

Worst game show host choice ever.
  • Rachel

Rachel looking Great in that blue dress,, and the black one, and wtevr she wears,, as always!...
  • Bigotry

I watched the show for years when contestants were picked randomly not by race. Seems odd that 8% of the audience continues to get called up 90% of the time.
  • WHY? WHY? WHY?

I work in TECH. You know a GEEK. I do have a TV on all day in the office which is usually set to a minimal volume. I have been noticing, from about the time that Drew has taken over, every time they have anything tech, no name brand is mentioned EXCEPT Apple. WHY? Apple/MAC are the -least- used products. The most accurate was of measuring this is with the OS (Operating System) usage. Since Apple does everything in their power to make sure they are incompatible with the rest of the world, their OS will run only on what they build, for the most part. Total global use of anything Apple OS = 5.77% [Source: 8x3] Global All-Device Shipments: 11.04% [Source:

Nevertheless, I just find it amusing that you announce Apple, but refuse to mention any of the larger and dare I say better brands. (Based on usage, compatibility, and
  • Inadequate ethnic mix on The Price is Right

Why is it that there appear to be 2 to 3 African-Americans on nearly every segment of The Price is Right lately? Blacks make up only 9.8% of the . population, but make up 22% to 33% of the contestants selected. Seems that the producers are clearly biased. Why are there not more Hispanics, who make up 47% of the . population, and whites who make up 41% of the . population. How about the large Korean/Asian population, who make up 11% of the . population, (more than blacks)? Today we had 3 African-American contestants called down, but only 2 were selected, and guess who were the only contestants offered new cars --- the 2 black contestants, of course! Maybe The Price is Right wants to move to BET ???

Good show otherwise. Drew does a good job and Rachel is a knockout!
  • Make me Happy!!

My husband and I were in the audience on July 8, was a dream come true...3rd thing on my bucket list. The person at home here in Pennsylvania was suppose to record it for us, but it didn't get recorded. I went online to see if there was a way to watch it and found on but will not allow us to review the show. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we were reminiscing about our trip. Season 38, Episode 23. Thank you in advance. Oh yeah.. even tho it was Bob who I "really" wanted to see, Drew Carey rocks! :)
  • "Come on down!"

Wonderful show
  • blonde is out

i dont know what made u think this is a good look for u but it is NOT. I really hate it and wish u would go back to your natural color!!! if not change the glasses. the look together is just NOT you!
  • Women deserve eye candy too!

why do the female models look like they're ready for the runway and males look like they're off to the local bar to meet their buddies?
  • Models wasteful walking.

Just a quick question. I always wondered why Bob never carried his own mike out with him, now we have a model bringing out a wireless mike to Drew. Looks like a waste of steps for people. Just wondering.
  • Plus size model.

Love the show. Drew is great. Men and women models are perfect. BUT , how about a PLUS size model. You won't regret your decision ! Thanks.
  • male model

Please get rid of the male model that you have now. All he does is stand there and clap, no action or movement or interest. Very boring to watch and please a clean shaven one would be nice.
  • priceisright

Love this cant understand why I cant long unto inernet for cyber monday for free items
< 1 2 3 4