The Price is Right

Weekdays 11:00 AM on CBS Premiered Sep 04, 1972 In Season

anglemark10

The Price is Right Fan Reviews (112)

• Biased

I used to watch this show all the time until I decided to study it because of what I noticed. When I watched it with friends they were surprised that I could pick the winner of the spin the wheel about 95% of the time. A large number of women and especially black women are selected. Very few white males are selected. I wish someone would study this and document their findings. Categories would be something like this: Women,

black women, Hispanic women, Asian women, white women, same categories for men, people in military, senior citizens. I don't watch the show any more because it is too racist.
  • 300 lb. hysterical black ladies

How can it it be that every single show (we're keeping track) begins with a 300 lb. hysterical black lady and although only 8% of the . population is black, 25 to 50% of the panel are people of color? Is it some kind of inside racist,sexist joke that no attractive black women are ever chosen?
  • Newbias

It's certainly noticeable that even though the ratio in the audience whites to blacks is far more contestants are not random , who owes the NAACP a favor these days???
  • Do the TPIR contestants know?

I love Drew, he is a great host. It is obvious that the people who pick the 9 contestants to "come on down" have a race component to the selection process. Normally, when you look at the entire audience, about 15% have dark skin with 85% being light skinned. There always seemed to be a consistence selection of 3 to 4 dark skin contestants per show. Based on the law of averages this can't happen on a regular basis without a predetermined selection process. The obvious question here is, are the people who stand in line to get into the audience aware of the selection criteria?
  • Why are there always alot of blacks on TPIR?

You know- it's getting a little ridiculous on TPIR with all the black people. Everyday there are at least 2 -4 blacks on contestants row. Where are the Hispanics, Asians, Indians? Why are blacks so over-represented on this show? Is the NAACP holding the show hostage??
  • Fun Show

I have watched this since I was little. I make it a point to watch whenever I sick at home. The male models are weird IMO. I think drew does a great job.
  • Quit watching

It is so sad what has happened to the price is right. The show has turned out to be so prejudice. Drew only likes the blacks and always tells them how beautiful they r. They get called up more then the whites and miraculously seem to always win. I'm done watching this show after 40 years until they get rid of drew and can quit being so prejudice.
  • show is racist

first of all like people are saying is that this show is for the blacks every time i see it they have a least 4 or sometimes 4 at a time and only three whites I hope you read this stand your an idiot you should be fired if this keeps up im only watching wheel of fortune
  • Why so many black contestants?

I am really disgusted that TPIR is picking so many black people that just do stupid displays of excitement during their appearance. There aren't enough Hispanic or Asians selected.
  • How contestants are picked

I'd say about 80% of the audience is pale skinned and 20% darker skinned. When I was there of the nine contestants picked only two had pale skin!! If you were dark skinned your odds of being picked were much greater. Second, there are probably about 80% women and 20% men, but at least two men get picked every time. Here's how it goes - 4 very dark skinned, 3 medium dark skin, and 2 light skinned. There is usually a "dumb" male or older male and a blond girl. I have NEVER seen a redhead. Plus -- here goes-- you MUST have good teeth, you must jump up and down when interviewed, but without contorted facial expressions. There is NOTHING random about picking contestants - it's all very racist and biased. If you go to the show, expect to spend 5 hours there. Four hours are made up of three holding areas. (Bring something to do) Plus there are two options for food during the holding time. Both not good and very expensive. The show tapes straight through and takes about an hour. I was surprised at how rinky-dink everything was. The people that work there are really not very nice and almost appear to have an attitude of contempt for the audience. Before starting the show, they make you think that if you keep cheering, you'll have a better chance of getting on - not true - everyone is picked in advance. I saw the crew before the show looking in the audience to see where the people that they had chosen were sitting. (They were holding the person's picture from when they took Once the last contestant is chosen, they say they will have a $100 drawing if the audience keeps cheering. One surprising thing for me, was that I couldn't hear them call the contestant down (they held up a placard with his or her name on it) and I couldn't hear the descriptions of anything. Nothing is given to the audience - not even lunch.
  • Drew Carey? Really?

Dry, unfunny, and boring.. like a piece of toast.

Worst game show host choice ever.
  • Rachel

Rachel looking Great in that blue dress,, and the black one, and wtevr she wears,, as always!...
  • Bigotry

I watched the show for years when contestants were picked randomly not by race. Seems odd that 8% of the audience continues to get called up 90% of the time.
  • WHY? WHY? WHY?

I work in TECH. You know a GEEK. I do have a TV on all day in the office which is usually set to a minimal volume. I have been noticing, from about the time that Drew has taken over, every time they have anything tech, no name brand is mentioned EXCEPT Apple. WHY? Apple/MAC are the -least- used products. The most accurate was of measuring this is with the OS (Operating System) usage. Since Apple does everything in their power to make sure they are incompatible with the rest of the world, their OS will run only on what they build, for the most part. Total global use of anything Apple OS = 5.77% [Source: 8x3] Global All-Device Shipments: 11.04% [Source:

Nevertheless, I just find it amusing that you announce Apple, but refuse to mention any of the larger and dare I say better brands. (Based on usage, compatibility, and
  • Inadequate ethnic mix on The Price is Right

Why is it that there appear to be 2 to 3 African-Americans on nearly every segment of The Price is Right lately? Blacks make up only 9.8% of the . population, but make up 22% to 33% of the contestants selected. Seems that the producers are clearly biased. Why are there not more Hispanics, who make up 47% of the . population, and whites who make up 41% of the . population. How about the large Korean/Asian population, who make up 11% of the . population, (more than blacks)? Today we had 3 African-American contestants called down, but only 2 were selected, and guess who were the only contestants offered new cars --- the 2 black contestants, of course! Maybe The Price is Right wants to move to BET ???

Good show otherwise. Drew does a good job and Rachel is a knockout!
  • Make me Happy!!

My husband and I were in the audience on July 8, was a dream come true...3rd thing on my bucket list. The person at home here in Pennsylvania was suppose to record it for us, but it didn't get recorded. I went online to see if there was a way to watch it and found on but will not allow us to review the show. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we were reminiscing about our trip. Season 38, Episode 23. Thank you in advance. Oh yeah.. even tho it was Bob who I "really" wanted to see, Drew Carey rocks! :)
  • "Come on down!"

Wonderful show
  • blonde is out

i dont know what made u think this is a good look for u but it is NOT. I really hate it and wish u would go back to your natural color!!! if not change the glasses. the look together is just NOT you!
  • Women deserve eye candy too!

why do the female models look like they're ready for the runway and males look like they're off to the local bar to meet their buddies?
  • Models wasteful walking.

Just a quick question. I always wondered why Bob never carried his own mike out with him, now we have a model bringing out a wireless mike to Drew. Looks like a waste of steps for people. Just wondering.
  • Plus size model.

Love the show. Drew is great. Men and women models are perfect. BUT , how about a PLUS size model. You won't regret your decision ! Thanks.
  • male model

Please get rid of the male model that you have now. All he does is stand there and clap, no action or movement or interest. Very boring to watch and please a clean shaven one would be nice.
  • priceisright

Love this cant understand why I cant long unto inernet for cyber monday for free items
  • Loud, stupid and insanity.

I hate this show!
  • Cut out the assinine jumping and screaming

I assume the producers of the show encourage the contestants to act as if they are excited - as if normal excitement is not enuf! show was better without the stupid shenanigans, lying on the floor, grabbing Drew, and the jumping! It seems so fake. Has anyone else noticed that when a constestnat guesses correctly they sometimes forget to jump and then remember it? my score is lower because of this otherwise the show is ok
  • Tech-NO

Socially awesome week was totally annoying,distracting and UNawesome. Pleeeeze. No more tweets and flash take away from our favorite part of the morning. It was so not necessary. Have loved the show since it began and it has thrived for many years without having to use "GIMMICKS" to attract viewers. Hate when you have guest models as well.
  • Twitter Feeds Stink

We love the Price is Right but your new twitter feeds being put on the screen hiding contestants faces and parts of the show are very annoying and distracting to the show. Please stop.
  • Bye Bye Carey

I enjoyed Price is Right when Bob Barker was there and yes, I know that he has some things against him through the media but, honestly it's hard to replace him with someone like Drew Carey. Drew does the show a horrible injustice and I honestly just don't care to watch it any more.
  • Oldest Game Show I Like (probably)

Various ep (09)
  • Where are Rob and Manuela

When are they coming back. We miss them! Otherwise the show is great!