Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

The greatest award that can ever be bestowed upon a person is World's Best Boss. The second best is a Teen Choice Award. But after those two, it is definitely an Emmy, the television equivalent of popedom. A very few select television types received the good news this morning that they are on the shortlist to compete for one, which is a very longwinded way of saying that the 2014 Emmy nominations have been announced.

And because this is the Emmys, that shortlist contains the usual lot of familiar faces. It's like Emmy voters make their decisions based on whether they've heard of a person or not. "Oh that's a recognizable name, I'll vote for that person," is the Emmy voters' mantra. Sigh. Oh well. The Emmys are here to make us complain if nothing else. 

HERE ARE YOUR 2014 EMMY NOMINEES! 

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Mad Men
True Detective

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Bryan CranstonBreaking Bad
Jeff DanielsThe Newsroom
Jon HammMad Men
Woody Harrelson, True Detective
Kevin SpaceyHouse of Cards
Matthew McConaughey, True Detective

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Claire DanesHomeland
Michelle DockeryDownton Abbey
Julianna MarguliesThe Good Wife
Kerry WashingtonScandal
Robin WrightHouse of Cards
Lizzy Caplan, Masters of Sex

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Aaron PaulBreaking Bad
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland
Josh Charles, The Good Wife
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Joanne FroggattDownton Abbey
Christina HendricksMad Men

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Paul GiamattiDownton Abbey
Reg E. CatheyHouse of Cards
Beau Bridges, Masters of Sex
Robert MorseMad Men
Dylan BakerThe Good Wife
Joe Morton, Scandal

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Margo Martindale, The Americans
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
Allison Janney, Masters of Sex
Kate Mara, House of Cards
Jane FondaThe Newsroom
Kate BurtonScandal

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

The Big Bang Theory
Louie
Modern Family
Veep
Orange Is the New Black
Silicon Valley

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Louis C.K., Louie
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
Jim ParsonsThe Big Bang Theory
William H. Macy, Shameless
Ricky Gervais, Derek

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Julia Louis-DreyfusVeep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Taylor Schilling, Orange Is the New Black
Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Adam Driver, Girls
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
Tony Hale, Veep
Fred Armisen, Portlandia
Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Mayim BialikThe Big Bang Theory
Julie BowenModern Family
Anna Chlumsky, Veep
Allison Janney, Mom
Kate Mulgrew, Orange Is the New Black
Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Steve Buscemi, Portlandia
Louis C.K.Saturday Night Live
Nathan Lane, Modern Family
Bob NewhartThe Big Bang Theory
Gary Cole, Veep
Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live
Joan Cusack, Shameless
Natasha Lyonne, Orange Is the New Black
Laverne Cox, Orange Is the New Black
Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black

OUTSTANDING REALITY COMPETITION PROGRAM

The Amazing Race
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

OUTSTANDING REALITY HOST

Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Anthony Bourdain, The Taste
Cat Deely, So You Think You Can Dance
Hedi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway
Jane Lynch, Hollywood Game Night
Betty White, Betty White's Off Their Rockers

OUTSTANDING VARIETY SERIES

The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live
Jimmy Kimmel Live

OUTSTANDING ANIMATED SERIES

Archer
Bob's Burgers
Futurama
South Park
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project

OUTSTANDING MINISERIES

American Horror Story: Coven
Fargo
Luther
Bonnie & Clyde
The White Queen
Treme

OUTSTANDING TV MOVIE

The Normal Heart
Sherlock: His Last Vow
Killing Kennedy
Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight
The Trip to Bountiful

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: His Last Vow
Martin Freeman, Fargo
Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo
Chiwetel Ejiofar, Dancing on the Edge
Idris Elba, Luther
Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Coven
Helena Bonham Carter, Burton and Taylor
Minnie Driver, Return to Zero
Kristen Wiig, The Spoils of Babylon
Cicely Tyson, The Trip to Bountiful

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart
Jim Parsons, The Normal Heart
Martin Freeman, Sherlock: His Last Vow
Colin Hanks, Fargo
Joe Mantello, The Normal Heart
Alfred Molina, The Normal Heart

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Coven
Angela Bassett, American Horror Story: Coven
Frances Conroy, American Horror Story: Coven
Julia Roberts, The Normal Heart
Ellen Burstyn, Flowers in the Attic
Allison Tolman, Fargo

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL, YOUR STARBUCKS GIFT CARD IS IN THE MAIL!

For a complete list of the 2014 Emmy nominations, head on over to the official Emmys website. And here's the replay of the announcement, if you'd like to see it for yourself:

Go ahead and list your compliments and complaints in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/20/2015

Season 67 : Episode 1

149 Comments
Comments (149)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular

o,and lizzy caplan, such a bad actress
Flag
why is "The good wife" nominated again. there are plenty of other good new shows that should take it's place. I think they are lazy and keep submitting the same list every year
Flag
no SOA nominees once again
Flag
I lost all respect for awards shows a long time ago; the have zero credibility in general.
Flag
I am happy that Game of Thrones has a couple of nods, but seriously there were some EPIC episodes that should have been acknowledged.
SIgh no sci-fi or fantasy shows get a nod - what a surprise... NOT!!
Seriously there are some pretty awesome shows out there and once again they focus on the same shows over and over and over...
Flag
God, most of these are the most boring choices. This season of Downton was terrible, this season of Modern Family was blah and Big Bang Theory is no longer as good as it has been in the past (it's not bad, but it's not been exciting). Also I will literally start to cry if Julie Bowen wins another Emmy.
Peter Dinklage definitely did deserve the nomination, but so did Charles Dance and Dean Norris, and several other actors who are always ignored. Sigh.

All I'm hoping is that Benedict Cumberbatch finally wins an Emmy.
Flag
I just blinked back my tears for Tatiana Maslany, Charles Dance, Mads Mikkelsen and Pedro Pascal since I think they really deserve the nominations more than 90% of the people there. The only happy thought about this is Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Jim Parsons and Sarah Paulson. I'm quite torn with Bryan Cranston. Lastly, the "guest actresses" of OITNB, I watch the show and you guys are part of the main cast *rolls eyes*
Flag
Again no Tatiana Maslany? Screw the Emmys.
Flag
An award for what? Her horrible, distracting accents? Or is it that merely playing more than one role automatically qualifies for awards for some reason? ◔_◔
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Thrones ( though maybe not for the latest season ... ), McConaughey, Margulies, Dinklage ( for his meltdown at the trial alone ! ), Cumberbatch and Freeman ( as Watson ) all deserve one, IMO.
Flag
ZZZZZZZ! The usual boring list of repeats and reruns. What about Rupaul and the RPDrag Race being nominated for best reality host and reality series. The Critics Choice was more current with what the real taste of good TV was. The Emmy is going the way of the Grammy....boring safe boring predictable boring political. Definitely watching it -NOT!
Flag
Forgot to add: Hannibal is sending a crate of a fava beans to the Emmy committee. He'll bring the Chianti. Bedelia Du Maurier will offer a free pre-supper therapy session where she will stare icily at each member until they confess their nephew is an extra in House of Cards and their brother in law spoon buffer on Downton Abbey. *nods*

Flag
In my perfect Emmy world this would happen

Best Drama Actor: Bryan Cranston. Like Duh.
Best Drama Actress: Lizzy Caplan (seriously Masters of Sex is as underrated as The Wire was. Must be the title that puts people off.)
Supporting Drama Actor: Peter Dinklage. Who else?
Supporting Drama Actress: Lena Headey (Do you see a pattern emerging here, Scully?)
Guest Actor Drama: Beau Bridges
Guest Actress Drama: Allison Janney since Bellamy Young didn't make the cut (FOR SHAME!!!)

Orange is the New Black wins everything else because even if S2 didn't kick as much ass as S1 it's still a whole orange jumpsuit above the fray.

And AHS. YOU NEED TO ASK WHY? Lange, Bassett, Bates you Philistines!

I'm dusting my Voodoo dolls out, just so you know.
Flag
No Tatiana? I think Helena should visit the academy and "send her regards"... #IfYouKnowWhatIMean ;)
Flag
Go Lizzy Caplan and go EVERYONE from Coven! :D
Flag
Ok so Claire Danes again but no Tatiana Maslany... I call BULLSHIT!!!
Flag
Totally agreeing here!
Flag
Seriously? I would love to see the definitions of some of the categories, e.g. Comedy show? Orange, Silicone? No The League? Guess it is just not funny enough! And louie? Its sinking into the abyss of melodramatic boredome! At least they took Nurse Jackie out of this category!!! OHHHH, wait, Edie falco IS a comedy actress! This is a new definition if you watch this show!!!!!
Cheadle is great but is he really a comedy actor in a comedy show????

No, its entertaining to see all the schmooze but most of this is way out in left field. Better get high to compensate!
Flag
Emmys don't really decide on how I like shows, personally. Just for fun. But it gets kinda annoying "______ was nominated! Your favorite show wasn't because it sux!"
Flag
If Uzo Aduba doesn't win I will lose the little faith in humanity I have left
Flag
Big Bang Theory? Like for real?
Flag

Hey Emmys: FoCK YOU. Please pardon the language but these nominees are just gross.

EMMY ROSSUM - IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT AWFUL TALENTLESS SACK OF HAM MELISSA MCCARTHY (so being fat and obnoxious with no range and no material makes you a Best Actress?), MOMMY AND DADDY BRIBED THE COMITTEE LENA DUNHAM, AND THE SO MONUMENTALLY O-O-O-VERRATED AMY POEHLER - THE FACT THAT THESE THREE TALENTLESS MEDIA WHORES MADE THE LIST AND THE LOVELY TALENTED EMMY ROSSUM DIDN'T WILL KEEP ME WATCHING BETTER THINGS ON CABLE EMMY NIGHT! Please god let Bill Macy win for Best Actor AND RAIL AGAINST THIS INJUSTICE, THIS CRIME. No they'll give that one to their perfect boy who plays the most one-note character in the history of the 23 minute comedy - Jim Parsons. God this show sucks balls. I can't believe I actually teared up about this one. Sorry Emmy, you really really deserved your namesake this year. These people suck.

NO TATIANA MASLANY? Yep, these folks should give it to that block of wood from 'House of Cards' Robin Wright. BETTER ACTRESSES CURRENTLY THE LEADS ON THEIR SHOW (that I watch) THAN 'PRINCESS BUTTERCUP' (whose ain't nothing new except the provider political drama I do watch) - (Number 1 with a bullet) TATIANA MASLANY 'Orphan Black', KERI RUSSELL 'The Americans', KATEY SAGAL 'SoA', RACHEL NICHOLS 'Continuum', ADELAIDE KANE 'Reign' (come on people, CW finally makes good on their promise of television young women can watch with a phenomenal young lead - she's playing the Queen and doing the part justice and Wright is playing a role so tired and stock and BORING), IVANA MILICEVIC 'Banshee', (who submitted as supporting probably because of shit like getting passed over for Robin Wright), EMILY ROSE 'Haven', THANDIE NEWTON 'Rogue', JANET MONGOMERY 'Salem', DIANE KRUGER 'The Bridge', VERA FARMIGA 'Bates Motel', need some more .... how about EVA GREEN 'Penny Dreadful' whose performance on 'Penny Dreadful' was sublime What about the other Canadian shows that co-opted with SyFy that can submit LAURA VANDERVOORT 'Bitten' or ANNA SILK 'Lost Girl'? THE FACT THAT MS. MASLANY DID NOT EVEN GET NOMINATED FOR 'THOSE' BEAUTIFUL CHARACTERS SHE HAS CREATED SHOWS THAT THIS AWARD IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. How can the winner be proud when they weren't competing against THE BEST? Go Lizzie, I guess???

Matthew Rhys 'The Americans' - yeah he sure doesn't deserve to be on the list but Foghorn Spacey does??????

Gotta calm down now. Sorry for bursting out.

BRING BACK THE CABLE ACE AWARDS!

More+
Flag
I am with you on many points of your rant. As much as I like Claire Danes and Mandy Patinking of Homeland (for example), this was an awful season, and their performances were short of outstanding. Yet, more Emmy nominations? This would have been a complete mockery if Damian Lewis got another nomination.

I agree on Eva Green in Penny Dreadful. What a performance! But Claire Danes again? I guess some shows are just "shunned", not even considered. At least the Americans got one nomination for guest appearance, but Keri Russell was yet again outstanding this season, ignored again. Ivana Milicevic was submitted as a supporting actress this year, would have been great to get nominated there (she was fantastic in the Truth about the Unicorn episode), instead of, say Lena Headey, whom I do like, but this was not her best season...,
Flag
Haters gonna hate^^ but I get you! Some nominations are bullshit
Flag
Now, catch a breath.... We all feel d same way, so thanks for typing it, am sure i so wont
Flag
I never thought I'd find someone who loves Shameless, and Emmy Rossum, as much as I did. I'll give you a silver lining: Eva Green wasn't eligible this year because PD only aired three episodes before the deadline, but she has a really good chance of being nominated and possibly winning next year considering she is a Hollywood star.

Flag
She was so so robbed of this. And Honestly: Who do you want to see in a dress on Emmy night Poehler (blech...), Dunham (barf), and McCarthy (just put her in a burlap sack) or Emmy Rossum (how beautiful did she look at the TCA's in red?), who has labored in this part year after year - giving something new to praise her for each time we follow Fiona? EMMY just hates shows about poor people because they are scared it could be them.

She was every single bit as robbed as Tatiana Maslany was on the Drama side. This was supposed to be her year, I guess if I had a vote with this sooo lame list, I'd give it to Falco who was brilliant this season as well - just not so much for the laughs she provided - in Jackie's descent to rock bottom storyline.
Flag
Emmy Rossum might be the most natural beauty in the world. I don't watch the show, but I'm sure she was robbed, because I agree with what you said about the other bitches, especially Melissa McCarthy.

Here, check out what Kurt Sutter had to say about being snubbed:
http://nikkifinke.com/emmy-snubs-kurt-sutter-feel/
Flag
'Otto' (was) is awesome. How can they not nominate Walton Goggins as Guest Star Venus Van Dam ' 'Sons of Anarchy' with that impressive rack they put on him?
Flag
I never thought The Originals would ever be nominated for an Emmy (and Klaus is my screensaver)... but even more, I never thought they would be nominated for best hairstyle!!! (I guess that one black mow-hawk vamp that Pierce really likes put them over the edge). This literally made me laugh out loud! Here's hoping they win so the show can now be introduced as the Emmy award winning The Originals!!!
Flag
No Pedro Pascal for guest actor? WTF!

Also, I love Orange is the new Black as much as everybody else, but what the fuck is up with guest comedy section? Those three actresses were in just about every episode last season and though they aren't billed as regulars, they are treated like regulars. Then again, I don't watch too many comedies so I can't complain too much, but it's just odd.
Flag
Peter Dinklage is a supporting actor on GoT? I thought he was leading actor. Who's the leading actors?
Flag
There are no leading actors or actresses in Got they're all supporting, too big a cast.
Flag
PENNY DREADFUL , EVA GREEN WHERE T F IS SHE!!!!????
Flag
I think she would be on next year's ballet.
Flag
Weird that the shortened title on the main page says Fargo and Breaking Bad are the highlights, when Game of Thrones had more nominations than either -- or any other show on television.

Obviously the biggest and most unjust snub was for Tatiana Maslany, who deserved not only the nomination, but the WIN!

And, of course, Charles Dance and Pedro Pascal from Game of Thrones.
Flag
Wow. I watch almost none of the shows nominated. I guess if you are known for being a movie star, you will automatically get nominated for a TV role. I'm not saying they're not good actors, but it just seems silly to me. I'm on board with the Good Wife noms and Andre Braugher, but don't care about the rest.
Flag
So no Tatiana Maslany and no Emmy Rossum?
Flag
Hannibal snubbed again. It deserves so much love.
Flag
The sad part of the Emmys is what many people not understand... The Emmys are not base on the full season but only one EP and the EP the network select to send to the Emmys!! Really one ep out of 10-24 eps a season!
Flag
May I recommend Helena pays a visit to the Emmy selection board?
Flag
With a loaded for bear Alison.
Flag
Seriously what kinds of gifts does Showtime send Emmy voters each year? House of Lies? Claire Danes over Tatiana Maslany? Must be some SWEET gift baskets.
Flag
But how do you explain Emmy Rossum being snubbed all these years.
Flag
She isn't a media whore or media circus, she's just a professional who does her job remarkably well on a set buried on the back of the Warner Brother's lot. I want Bill to win so bad and pray he would rail on this.
Flag
She pissed off the Showtime gift person! Or they just assumed given her name, the Emmys needed little convincing.
Flag
I could complain about where the Academy chooses to place the fine line between comedy and drama, or what qualifies as a Supporting or Guest Actress, but I'm very excited about Orange's six nominations, and I think it stands a better chance of winning as a comedy.
Flag
So frustrated at the glaring lack of Orphan Black and Hannibal.
Flag
No one form the cast of Silicon Valley, no one form Hannibal, no Keri Russell, no Matthew Rhys and most importantly no TATIANA MASLANY...

Man fuck this people!!!
Flag
I'm sorry is from and also no Emmy Rossum???
Flag
Le sigh.
Flag

When are they going to stop with Mad Men and Downton Abby?
Flag
Presumably when the shows end.
Flag
Staff
I'm not even sure it would stop then
Flag
I am surprised they got it mostly right which is more than one can hope for.

Congrats to
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Margo Martindale, The Americans
Martin Freeman, Fargo
Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo
Kristen Wiig, The Spoils of Babylon
Colin Hanks, Fargo
Allison Tolman, Fargo
Lizzy Caplan, Masters of Sex
I am pleasantly surprised with the nominations of

Josh Charles, The Good Wife
Reg E. Cathey, House of Cards
Beau Bridges, Masters of Sex
Dylan Baker, The Good Wife
Joe Morton, Scandal
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
Allison Janney, Masters of Sex
Kate Mara, House of Cards
Jane Fonda, The Newsroom
Kate Burton, Scandal
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
And great they are also recognizing

Jane Lynch, Hollywood Game Night

Is it because its a Canadian production that they keep ignoring Orphan Black?
Flag
Could someone explain to me the criteria to distinguish Supporting roles from Guest roles? Is it the number of episodes the show up? Is there a minimum/max or something like that?
Flag
Staff
Contracts. If you're listed as guest actor in the credits, you're a guest actor. If you're in the main credits/series regular status, you're eligible for Lead or Supporting depending on how you want to play it for the awards.

As to your question about a minimum/max: Nope. Kate Mara's nomination is all the evidence you'll need for that.
Flag
Staff
And I'll note even in the case of billing/credits, it comes down to contracts, too, as Natasha Lyonne is billed up front -- fairly certain -- but she put herself in guest, so weird contract thing possibly happening.
Flag
I don't think the Emmys have a criteria to destinguish Guest Actors and Supporting Actors, same as they don't have one to differentiate a Miniseries from a series. It has more to do how a show or actors submit themselves for consideration, also how big the cast is in a show. Look at Orange Is the New Black, its got a pretty large cast so they probably can't afford to have every actor as regulars. So actors or actresses that appear in every episode are credited as guest actors and have to submit themselves as guest actors.
Flag
No one knows. It's a mystery.
Flag
Hahaha good to know I'm not the only one confused.
Flag
The most amazing acting tour de force , in TV history and shes not nominated. You know who I'm talking about. Emmy's can't see the forest for the trees .
Flag
How can they miss the BIGGEST TREE in the whole fucking forest. They are scared of her because none of them have done what she is doing. No one has worked the hours for a television role that she has. If she wins it, the bar gets very high and they just want to keep doing the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.
Flag
I'll get started on Tatiana Maslany! because I can't not. She played SEVEN DIFFERENT CHARACTERS and not even one of them was nominated?!
Sometimes she played them playing each other! At one point she played one acting like the other acting like her husband!
Tatiana doesn't need the statue when she could probably play the statue and do a better job.
Flag
Being the steaming pile of self-congratulatory horse shit that are award shows it makes no difference who wins or is nominated,but to put four shows that aren't comedies in comedy categories is very confusing.OITNB,House of Lies,Shameless and Nurse Jackie are all excellent shows containing comedic elements but are far from being comedies.
Flag
I hope Breaking Bad takes it home. I tried to get into Fargo, but it felt like an inferior Breaking Bad. Game of Thrones was also superb this season. True Detective was alright, but too slow and dialogue heavy for me.

Hannibal, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones were my favorite shows of this year.
Flag
Yay for Headey and Tolman!
Flag
There were a few pleasant surprises, Lizzy Caplan for one & all the Good Wife love, but the complete snubbing of Hannibal and its leading men is egregious! It's like Jon Noble all over again (yes I'm still bitter), and don't get me started on Maslany. At least the Americans got SOME recognition, though Russell, Rhys and Mahendru were robbed...
Flag
The only recognition for The Americans is Margo Martindale and its more to do with their love for her than the series. The Americans needs more love.
Flag
No Orphan Black? Not even one nomination?
Tatiana Maslany deserves a nomination at least?
Flag
I'm with you. To forget her is to forget TRULY spectacular acting.
Flag
This makes the whole thing ridiculous.
Flag
Some of these categories need some refreshing, same people every year.

Rooting for the OITNB ladies!!!!
Flag
When is the time line for the emmys? Like from when to when do they have to pick from? Because last I check Breaking Bad ended in September of 2013, so is it the 2014 emmys or the 2013-14 emmys?
Flag
I think the time line for the Emmys is from June 1st 2013 to May 31st 2014, it kind of covers the Semptember-May period and the summer tv period before it.
Flag
The Emmys season is actually July 1st 2013-July 1st 2014.
Flag
The latter, I think is from the time the previous noms came out or thereabouts. September is definitely included and maybe August too.
Flag
Staff
It's June 2013 to May 31st 2014. But there are weird exceptions. For example, all of Game of Thrones S4 was eligible even though some eps aired after June 1. And Penny Dreadful was not eligible despite airing three eps before June 1. Hence, no outrage over no Eva Green, and Neil Marshall got a directing nomination for Watchers on the Wall and The Children got nominated for best writing.
Flag
I feel like Allison Tolman should compete in lead actress in a miniseries instead of support, but alright. I also feel like Woody Harrelson would have a way better time in support. (And it should be in miniseries.)

And the Emmy's have the same problem as every year, not enough acceptance of the scifi/fantasy genres, (Game of Thrones being the major exception) too many people being nominated due to being bigger names, (Melissa McCarthy..) and too many repeats from earlier years. (Did Homeland, Downton Abbey, Modern Family or AHS: Coven really deserve any nominations this year?)
Flag
Come on! NO BANSHEE!!!!!!!! That's some BS...
Flag
Thank you. How can anyone consider Jeff Daniels ('The Newsroom') or Kevin Spacey's Foghorn Leghorn impression ('House of Cards') over Antony Starr's or Matthew Rhys 'The Americans'? Just don't watch, I really don't think anyone else is going to be anyway.
Flag
Yeah! I forgot about The Americans, that should be on there too. Sometimes the Emmy's decisions get me upset of who they choose to nominate.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members