Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

UPDATE, 8pm Pacific: That's a wrap, everybody. Let's hear your thoughts on this year's winners in the comments!

Your tuxedo shirt is ironed, your flip-flops are polished, and your mini bottle of Peppermint Schnapps is chilled to ice-cold perfection. You are ready for the glory that is known as the Primetime Emmy Awards. But that Schnapps can hit hard, and we all know that even though these ceremonies last for approximately eight hours each, it sometimes feels as if they're over in a flash. So I'll be here to provide running commentary and a full list of winners just in case you're feeling too slow or too inebriated to pay attention. 

Will Modern Family steal all the comedy trophies? Will Jeff Daniels repeat as Best Lead Actor in a Drama somehow? Will host Seth Meyers tear off his skin and reveal himself to be the leader of the subterranean crab people? Probably!

I'll be updating the list of winners LIVE right here, so keep tapping that refresh button as if your life depends on it. And don't forget to voice your well-formed, intelligent opinions in the comments!

Here we go! Seth just took a cheap shot at Bachelor in Paradise so I'm turning this off!

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

**WINNER ** Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Adam Driver, Girls
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
Tony Hale, Veep
Fred Armisen, Portlandia
Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The Modern Family domination begins as the first award of the night goes to Phil Dunphy, who wore clear glasses, just like his fellow nominee Fred Armisen. 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Mayim BialikThe Big Bang Theory
Julie BowenModern Family
Anna Chlumsky, Veep
**WINNER ** Allison Janney, Mom
Kate Mulgrew, Orange Is the New Black
Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live

Jimmy Kimmel made a bid to host next year's Emmys by calling Matthew McConaughey fat, and Ricky Gervais showed off his "TV face." Janney's speech was that of a pure vet, as she's now got a half-dozen Emmys to her name (this was her second win of 2014, as she also won Guest Actress in a Drama for Masters of Sex). Janney is like the Modern Family of people, except when it comes to quality. 

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Louis C.K., Louie
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
**WINNER ** Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
William H. Macy, Shameless
Ricky Gervais, Derek

Bryan Cranton and Julia Louis-Dreyfus presented this award and Cranston flashed JLD a LOOK for an old Seinfeld joke and it was great. Also, the Emmys orchestra totally butchered the Breaking Bad theme and make it sound like carousel music. Parsons was great on stage, as if he was the most surprised of anybody that he won. He almost sounded as if he was embarrassed to have won and essentially said that he wasn't worthy of it. It's nice to see that a million dollars per episode hasn't changed him. I love you, Jim Parsons.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
**WINNER ** Julia Louis-DreyfusVeep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Taylor Schilling, Orange Is the New Black
Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly

JLD won, of course (she deserved it, obviously) and her lips were immediately taken hostage by Bryan Cranston's mouth in a little gag that was in no way pre-planned, right? Anyway, those two are great and they should make babies who take over the world and lead humanity to awesome new places. Their interplay almost made me forget that the award was presented by Jimmy Fallon, who causes involuntary anger to well up inside of me.

OUTSTANDING REALITY COMPETITION PROGRAM

**WINNER ** The Amazing Race
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

Reality. Whoopie. Let's move on.

Sometime during the middle of the ceremony, Weird Al came out and did this medley of re-imagined TV theme songs, and he flew through a bunch of them, like Mad Men and Scandel but then spent a really long time on Game of Thrones which was cool. Except that it wasn't that good. But it was still Weird Al on the Emmys, so I loved it because he's the greatest. Like, some old woman in Oklahoma was just subjected to watching Weird Al and it totally blew her mind. That made my day. 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart
Jim Parsons, The Normal Heart
**WINNER ** Martin Freeman, Sherlock: His Last Vow
Colin Hanks, Fargo
Joe Mantello, The Normal Heart
Alfred Molina, The Normal Heart

Martin Freeman was not in attendance to accept his award because he was too busy being awesome. 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

**WINNER ** Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Coven
Angela Bassett, American Horror Story: Coven
Frances Conroy, American Horror Story: Coven
Julia Roberts, The Normal Heart
Ellen Burstyn, Flowers in the Attic
Allison Tolman, Fargo

Total utter rage that Allison Tolman didn't win here, but what do you expect in a popularity contest like the Emmys? In other news, my fantasy football draft is going very poorly but my 9-month-old daughter is still alive so I guess that's something!

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

**WINNER ** Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: His Last Vow
Martin Freeman, Fargo
Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo
Chiwetel Ejiofar, Dancing on the Edge
Idris Elba, Luther
Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart

Like Mr. Freeman, Benny couldn't attend, because he too was busy being awesome. But really, this award should've gone to Freeman, too, right? Blame the vote split between him and Billy Bob?

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR MOVIE

**WINNER ** Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Coven
Helena Bonham Carter, Burton and Taylor
Minnie Driver, Return to Zero
Kristen Wiig, The Spoils of Babylon
Cicely Tyson, The Trip to Bountiful

The old "miniseries" trick works again! Congrats on working the system, American Horror Story

OUTSTANDING MINISERIES

American Horror Story: Coven
**WINNER ** Fargo
Luther
Bonnie & Clyde
The White Queen
Treme

Take that, AHS. As Kaitlin said to me in response to Fargo's win, "Thank God, I was about to punch a baby." She is a woman of her word, too. I've seen her punch a baby and then just walk away like it was the baby's fault. Kaitlin will eat you alive whether you are an infant or a grown-ass man. Watch out for her. 

OUTSTANDING TV MOVIE

**WINNER ** The Normal Heart
Sherlock: His Last Vow
Killing Kennedy
Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight
The Trip to Bountiful

The Normal Heart stood exactly no chance of NOT winning.

OUTSTANDING VARIETY SERIES

**WINNER ** The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live
Jimmy Kimmel Live

Jimmy Fallon pretended like he won or something? And he hogged most of the time on the microphone. I know it was planned and all, but if I wanted to see Jimmy Fallon talk on television I would watched his late-night show. 

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

**WINNER ** Aaron PaulBreaking Bad 
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey 
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones 
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland 
Josh Charles, The Good Wife 
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan 

Whoa. I still think Dean Norris had the better season, but I'm all for Breaking Bad winning everything. Paul earned a surprise (?) victory and was super gracious as he thanked all the people involved in the show that literally "changed his life." Well done, bitch.

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

**WINNER ** Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Joanne FroggattDownton Abbey
Christina HendricksMad Men

That's 2-for-2 for Breaking Bad actors as the show is being sent off in style. Can Cranston make it 3-for-3? Also, Anna Gunn looked like she was 23

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Claire DanesHomeland 
Michelle DockeryDownton Abbey 
**WINNER **  Julianna MarguliesThe Good Wife 
Kerry WashingtonScandal 
Robin WrightHouse of Cards 
Lizzy Caplan, Masters of Sex

And this was a totally satisfactory outcome, I think? Margulies also said it was a "wonderful time for women on television." 

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

**WINNER **  Bryan CranstonBreaking Bad
Jeff DanielsThe Newsroom
Jon HammMad Men
Woody Harrelson, True Detective
Kevin SpaceyHouse of Cards
Matthew McConaughey, True Detective

Despite all the chatter about this award going to McConaughey, I totally called Cranston winning it. This was a monster battle, and both actors were worthy. But in the end, Cranston was the right choice. His acceptance speech was excellent, too. That guy is so rad. 

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

The Big Bang Theory
Louie
**WINNER ** Modern Family
Veep
Orange Is the New Black
Silicon Valley

Jay Leno presented this award, and it went to Modern Family so I guess that's appropriate. Anyway—lame, right? 

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

**WINNER **  Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Mad Men
True Detective

Breaking Bad had a fantastic night, but every time the show won an award, the orchestra played a really lame version of the theme music complete with some goofy chimes. It was almost enough to make me root against Breaking Bad, but ultimately I found the inner strength to power on, and everyone should really think highly of me for that. What a guy I am. 

The following awards were handed out during the Creative Arts Emmys, which were held last week but recognized this evening.

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Paul GiamattiDownton Abbey
Reg E. CatheyHouse of Cards
Beau Bridges, Masters of Sex
Robert MorseMad Men
Dylan BakerThe Good Wife
**WINNER ** Joe Morton, Scandal

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Margo Martindale, The Americans
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
**WINNER ** Allison Janney, Masters of Sex
Kate Mara, House of Cards
Jane FondaThe Newsroom
Kate BurtonScandal

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES

Steve Buscemi, Portlandia
Louis C.K.Saturday Night Live
Nathan Lane, Modern Family
Bob NewhartThe Big Bang Theory
Gary Cole, Veep
**WINNER ** Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES

Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live
Joan Cusack, Shameless
Natasha Lyonne, Orange Is the New Black
Laverne Cox, Orange Is the New Black
**WINNER ** Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black

OUTSTANDING REALITY HOST

Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Anthony Bourdain, The Taste
Cat Deely, So You Think You Can Dance
Hedi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway
**WINNER ** Jane Lynch, Hollywood Game Night
Betty White, Betty White's Off Their Rockers

OUTSTANDING ANIMATED SERIES

Archer
**WINNER ** Bob's Burgers
Futurama
South Park
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project

And that's it! What'd you think of this year's show?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/20/2015

Season 67 : Episode 1

175 Comments
Comments (175)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Heck, yeah! Martin Freeman should win everything.
Flag
Well, it's a shame that AHS won the best lead actress blah blah in a mini-series..That award should have totally gone to some actress in the other mini-series, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"

Flag
"I've seen her punch a baby and then just walk away like it was the baby's fault"

Stupid Baby,.
Flag
Congrats to Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates. You two deserved the awards, ladies! I'm so happy...
Flag
Billy Bob Thornton was robbed!
Flag
im pissed about the leading drama role - Men!

I think that Matthew M. deserved that Emmy & am pissed about that!

But being in the company he was for best drama actor - all those names, all those people in some way deserved that emmy!!
No disrespect to the oter actors in that category - they WERE ALL AMZING in their roles, each of them, trully! I just thought he was the BETTER CHOICE!

And for those who saw his wonderful acting and producing in True Detective, I think you would agree with me!

Tea
Flag
Peter Dinklage should had won supporting role inGame of Thrones. But OK, it was the last chance to award Aaron Paul, at least for Breaking Bad. And he was also awesome...
Flag
Why the fuck was Sarah Baker not even nominated for best guest actress in a comedy?
Flag
The best part of the show is really Weird Al ! Just saying.
Flag
The fact that Game of Thrones walked away with none of the big awards perfectly sums up how I feel about season 4. It was good. But it could have been so much better. The writing was veeeeeerrry patchy in some places.
Flag
Great, so this should finally put an end to the Breaking Bad charity? Good...? Yes. Great...? At times. Best show ever fully deserving of the awards it's received...? I dunno about that. When compared to the hype, most overrated show ever...? Definitely!

While I appreciate that art is subjective, how True Detective, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey all get shut out is beyond me.
Flag
They went for "Best Drama" and got nothing. That'll teach those guys a lesson to submit their show into the right category. I really don't see how American Horror Story and True Detective didn't compete in the same categories, as both shows follow a similar concept.
Flag
No good deed...something, something...

AHS really has no business being a mini series...they've got a returning cast for crying out loud. That they play different characters is just them tweaking the narrative format. I don't think TD is either, but at least (as far as I know) it's two completely different stories with an all new cast.

Regardless, while I quite enjoyed Breaking Bad, I don't think it can hold the collective jock straps of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. I'm pretty sure that was the academy saying, "Okay McConaughey...you've won enough this year. Give somebody else a turn. Sorry Woody, if we can't give it to Matt, we can't give it to you. So who does that leave? Fine...here you go Cranston, don't say we never did nothin' for ya! Aaron Paul & Anna Gunn...we've seen your bodies of work so here..enjoy it before you head down the post Breaking Bad career path of Dean Norris."
Flag
BB is one of the greatest TV shows of all time but I agree Emmy voters just like to give it to the same people all the time, it makes things boring.

Still they are a few pleasant surprise this year like Julianna.
Flag
Can you please shut the F up about Breaking Bad now? Yes it was a great show, yes it is sorely missed, yes BC is the new messiah, but let it go.
Flag
only one award for orange is the new black????!!!!
Flag
So, I'm fairly ignorant about the Emmys, but it's bullshit that AHS got entered as a miniseries, and so won awards it didn't deserve, and True Detective got entered as a full length, and so didn't win as many as it deserved?
Who makes that decision?
If I'd made TD, and I got to choose, I'd put it in as a mini series rather than go up against BB, which was clearly going to win.
But then maybe some people think being nominated for best as a full series is as good as winning as a mini series? I'unno.
Flag
The network and the TV show runners made their choices on which category they are entering. The Emmys "respect" their choices. They should be some rules but it seems there is none. If TD wanted to win bad enough, they should have entered it somewhere else so perhaps they are just not so hung up about awards.
Flag
American Horror Story at least i understand. In theory each season is a self contained story. They are calling it a miniseries because going in you know you are only getting one year. I think they are doing the same thing for True Detective. Changing the actual story each year to a self contained plot.
Flag
Yeah, I get that, but why are they in different categories? Either way they should be the same, mini or full on series.
Flag
It's often the Networks and showrunners who decide what category these go in. Not the emmy committee
Flag
Can anyone explain to me why breaking bad was nominated for 7 years while only having 5 seasons? (6 if we separate 5A and 5B)
Flag
The Emmy eligibility period goes from July 1st to July 1st. Also Breaking Bad had nothing to submit in 2011 because of when that season was broadcast. They only submitted for 6 years
Flag
thanks
Flag
Tim Surette sure doesn't like American Horror Story. Was it better than Fargo? This year debatable.. Coven was not its best year but it is a very good show and deserves the accolades.
Flag
Jon Hamm's annual Emmy reaction -

Puts a smile on my face, a spring in my step and a song in my heart ;-)
Flag
At least he got to act this year. Ha!
Flag
I didn't watch the Emmys, because... well, I just don't watch the Emmys. So, I didn't find out Allison Tolman didn't win until just now.

How. The. ****. Did. THAT. Happen?
Flag
all agreed except:
modern family ...

benedict winning instead of billy bob .. you can give it any year to benedict cause he is awesome, just not this year .. thornton owned this years television performance by far, and fargo is the best television has offered this year .. (also by far)

jim parsons winning : all the other 5 are way more talented, funny, original (yes also matt le blanc, he is amazing in episodes) then this one trick pony..
i guess parsons feels embarrassed winning from this guys .. well i would feel embarrassed if i was him..

and house of cards should win everything next year ..

Flag
Peter Dinklage was robbed.
I am someone that struggles with empathy and had never before empathized with anything that I had witnessed on television but his performance in "The Laws of Gods and Men" changed that. It was easily the most powerful thing I have ever seen on television.
Flag
WOw these Emmys were pretty good, except in the Comedy category. Modern Family again! Really? Like against all this awesome and MUCH BETTER shows? Oh well, personal gripe really.

BrBa getting their final due was awesome and the Sherlock/Fargo love was awesome. Even Sarah Silverman won. Nice.
Flag
For the most part of this latest Emmy this is the most acceptable for me as a viewer Breaking Bad, AHS and Jim Parsons but I'm not sure about Modern Family, I don't know if I lost it a long time ago. A moment of silence for Amy Poehler, I blinked back the tears as well for you.
Flag
- True Detective got no awards?! There is a God haha
- Well done to Breaking Bad, which bowed out with an amazing final season
- Well done to Anna, Bryan & Aaron - well deserved, although I wouldn't have been disappointed if Jeff Daniels got another surprise win
- Jim Parsons is a legend and i'm glad he gets the recognition he deserves
- Thank God for Fargo winning, amazing show that deserves the win
- Well done to Benedict & Martin for their respective Sherlock wins
- Annoyed that Sherlock (His Last Vow) did not win, have not seen The Normal Heart but Sherlock is an outstanding drama that deserves the awards
- Modern Family AGAIN?! it hasn't been great for two seasons now. Not well deserved. Silicon Valley or Veep should have won this season
Flag
It got a directing award and greatly deserved, but yeah great the BrBa got their last due.
Flag
I just meant all of the important awards
Flag
Well I seriously thought Matt would get it because he had an awesome performance, but that was about it IMO. Still glad Brayn got it.
Flag
Yeah he's performance was inspiring but Bryan was much better, and True Detective did not deserve the 'best drama' award. HBO got too big for their boots
Flag
the emmys are rigged if u asked me...
Flag
"Anna Gunn looked like she was 23" lol, someone needs to go to specsavers!
Flag
Some pretty good choices, all told, and I'm glad to see BB go out in style... again. I have to say I think a couple of the wins for them may have been in part, if it was a neck and neck choice, due to the fact that the show had ended and a win would prove a bonus to the wrap-up. But still, all good, and some of the speeches and antics were classic.

LOVED Weird Al as a kid and so was happy to see him on stage, even though, yeah, it wasn't that great (still, though). As for the orchestra -- HORRIBLE! At least when it came to SOME of the renditions. Reminded me of the 'interpretive dance' that 'graced' the Academy Awards some years ago.
Flag
Dinklage not winning in the Supporting Category is a joke, Paul was great as usual in the 2nd half of season 5, but there was nothing extraordinary in his performance compared to previous seasons ... Dinklage absolutely killed it in GOT last season, his best individual performance of the entire run and it's not even close..

But then, this looked more like a parting gift to the BB actors, only Gunn really deserved it to be honest, even Cranston's performance was not that great compared to McConnaughey's in TD....

Flag
Honestly? I agree with you (except for the part about Cranston's performance).

Now, if Norris had submitted, and been up for the Emmy instead of Paul? Then I think it could've (see: should've) gone either way. Both actors (Dinklage and Norris) did some great things with the material they were given.
Flag
I don't doubt that politics played into this, as you point out with the parting gift. Another element giving Paul the nod instead of Dinklage is likely that Dinklage has won the same award before, unless I'm mistaken. Both were well deserving, but I think Paul got more time on stage than Dinklage due to the sheer size of the cast and focus on certain groups during episodes of GOT, and while Tyrion's speech in his trial and him then killing his Pop were pretty much tops for all television of the season to that moment, I can see why Paul got it overall.
Flag
This is an "acting" award, not an award for how much time a particular character got on screen, Dinklage's performance at the trial, his conversation with Nic Waldau in the dungeon and his acting during that mortifying scene at the wedding warrants him an Emmy, it's not just 1 scene but 3 according to me, where he stands out heads and shoulders above any other performer from any other show.
As I said, Paul was great but there was nothing overly dramatic in his performance compared to previous seasons, and so didn't really deserve it ahead of Peter, but I understand why he got it...
Flag
Nowhere did I say that spending more time on stage means that you are more entitled to an award, but being on stage more can provide more focus on how the character plays out depending on the acting. As I said, and as you clearly agree, when Dinklage peaked in certain scenes he was definitely Emmy-worthy (you'll see my comment on the episode with his trial where I simply say, "There's the Emmy!"), but I disagree that Paul did not display much drama in the final season. I don't think the highest points are as good as Dinklage's were, but like I said as well I can see why he got it.
Flag
It is acting award based on one episode not the whole season.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I wanted Archer to win the Animated category even though this was probably Futurama's last shot (I forget the cut-off date).

But Bob's Burgers is a solid choice.
Flag
The comedy categories are a joke. Modern Family and TBBT? Lame. Sooo lame!
Flag
Very
Flag
New LAW, no more than 1 nominee for a show in a category, its BS!
Flag
Not to suggest that this was or wasn't the case, but that doesn't make sense. It could force out an equally stellar performance by a second actor in a show and thus put an inferior performance into said slot. While I agree that some of the Emmy go-tos don't deserve to be there, a rule like this would be a terrible idea.
Flag
4 of 6 nominees from the same show or something like that? thats absurd! And saying no other shows have deserving performances??? Sorry, make the rule!
Mini series? These shows are regular shows, does that mean Fargo wont be on next season????? I dont think so!!!
Flag
Uh, I did not say that other shows don't have deserving performances. I simply pointed out that it would be equally unfair to limit shows to one nominee, if there are multiple nominees that are deserving. Take, for example, when Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul were both nominated for supporting actor in Breaking Bad. They were both certainly deserving, and were easily among the six best supporting actors that year. Your rule would force one of them out, which seems unfair. I agree that four of the six nominations going to the same show is likely very egregious, but a stricture on how many nominations in a category can go to one show isn't the way to fix it.

And there are certainly some shows that take advantage of the miniseries category. I would, however, argue that Fargo could fit the bill if the actors are playing different characters--then it is essentially a new role, as is the case in a series like American Horror Story. I have no problem with them submitting in that manner, as each season is a distinct story with different characters; that is, Jessica Lange's characters are different people and thus different roles. It just so happens they're given the same series name and use the same crew (with a regularly similar cast).
More +
Flag
Matthew wuz robbed.

What do you think of putting TD in that category now, HBO? The look on Matthew's face when he wuz robbed holds the answer for you.

Everyone else in the Outstanding Comedy Series category, with the exception of the equally unfunny BBT, wuz robbed.

Myers stinks. Really, really, really stinks.

Yes, Gervais, you really do stink. Even the Emmy voters, who know nothing, know you stink. No, Drek is not funny.

Glad that's over.

Matthew wuz robbed.
Flag
um... i'm guessing you thought matthew should have won? i'm not quite sure what you're trying to say though..
Flag
BREAKING NEWS
Bryan Cranston gets censored for giving Matthew McConaughey the bird during his acceptance speech:

Flag
Hahahaha. Awesome.
Flag
lol
Flag
I'm pretty annoyed that Lizzy Caplan didn't win. That category was already a travesty since Keri Russell and Tatiana Maslany weren't nominated. Think about how strong that category could have been: Keri Russell, Lizzy Caplan, Tatiana Maslany, Julianna Margulies, Clare Danes, and there's still room for one more.

Lizzy was even better in season 2 than in season 1, so maybe next year. But then I hope that Keri and Tatiana are nominated.

At least they gave it to someone else (Julianna Margulies) who's also very good, and who really carries her show. It would have been a joke to give it to Robin Wright (who is good, but also boring, and relatively insignificant on her show).
Flag
I love Julianna so I am happy but honestly I am really glad it is not Clare Danes.
Flag
with the quality of work that tatiana maslany has given in OB, I don't really understand what it takes to be nominated no one deserved it more than her
Flag
Sadly, there's a lot of politics related to getting a nod--and she (unjustly) doesn't fit the formula that it usually takes to get on the shortlist.
Flag
I can't help but feel like Julianna Margulies winning was partly the Emmy's way of going, "Oh, sorry, we effed up major by not nominating your series for Outstanding Drama, which you absolutely deserved." Not to suggest she didn't deserve it--she absolutely did. If TGW had won nothing this year, that would have been an utter travesty.
Flag
1- Breaking Bad is a phenomena
2- Bryan Cranston won, as I thought he should
3- Martin Freeman won something, but i think it sould have been for Fargo instead of Sherlock
4- HOW THE HELL DID ALLISON TOLMAN NOT WIN?
5- HANNIBAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED
Flag
The only thing the Emmy´s do consistently is dissapoint me. Thank god for backstage and red carpet pictures, that´s the only reason this award show is worth anything anymore, Oh that and they gave Uzo her much deserved award. Of course that only happened cause she was in the "guest actress" category even though she clearly isn't. I'll stop spouting my negativity now and continue looking at awesome backstage pics ;).
Flag
Do the people that decide who wins the emmy actually watch Modern Family?
Flag
Hannibal? Mads Mikkelsen? Not even a nomination? Are you fucking kidding me?
Flag
Hannibal = Best show on tv.
Flag
I called Cranston winning it too! Then again since it really was only a two man race - I did have a 50/50 chance. I'm glad he won, I'm glad Breaking Bad did so well - it was the right call in every case - except possibly Aaron Paul's win over Peter Dinklage. Oh and wtf is up with not even acknowledging the best show on tv - Hannibal! Hannibal rules in acting, writing, directing, cinematography, music (oh WOW the music/sound editing is phenomenal), guest stars - pretty much in every way possible. It is a crime that Hannibal is virtually ignored - and not just by the emmys but the press and most American tv viewers as well. A real shame. So glad it's coming back for Season 3!
Flag
Outside of the comedy awards, I don't have any big problems with these results,
Go Breaking bad! That's how you end a show's run, bitch!
Flag
I´m so happy about Sherlock, I think it deserves all the awards, it´s incredible, and the cast is amazing
Flag
Just an aside, I missed Arlene Martel in the "In Memoriam" section.
Flag
Same ol' circle jerk...

Two years of denying the brilliance that is Hannibal.
Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen, Bryan Fuller all deserve recognition for their amazing work....
Flag
I could not agree with you more. Hannibal is almost too good to be true - it's that damn good! If I could only watch one show this year - it would be Hannibal without a doubt.
Flag
A big shame that Peter Dinklage didn't win. Paul Aaron does deserves everything he wins, of course, but this time it was time for Peter Dinklage. Because his forth season at Game Of Thrones was awesome. Next season Peter Kinklage may get lucky when there is not more Breaking Bad, though it looks like shows as GoT will never be taking seriously by voters. And who are these voters anyway?.
Anna Gun looked beautiful and young, and I always defended her character Skyler when everyone made her life so hard. Anna Gun has been abused and attacked even Breaking Bad finished ages ago (it feels like) for portraying Skyler in the way she did, as if she had a choice. The scene of the knife cutting the hand, it could just as well being aimed for Walter White´s throat.
Brian Cranston, I hope this is The Last Time you win something for Breaking Bad. You were so lucky, and you deserved it too, specially getting the award from Julia Roberts (what is with the Julias Brian?).
Finally it´s a great news that Uzo Aduba - Crazy Eyes from Orange Is The New Black won an Emmy award. Congratulations! and here is a link to see:
'Winning Emmy ‘Meant Everything’
More+
Flag
if Orange is the New Black didn't win anything I would of been so mad. I think "Red" should of won her award too. Overall, I'm not sure Orange is the New Black should be considered a Comedy series - it is often funny but its main goal and purpose still seems to make it more a drama. It's a tough call - a true dramaedy.
Flag
Except for Margulies, it's mostly meh for me. And what's with Modern Family, really.
Flag
Most of these wins are fair, except for Modern Family of course. I just cannot fanthom why they are so adored by the academy. Anyway, great win for Breaking Bad, Sherlock, the Normal Heart, Julianna Margulies and Julia LD.
Flag
I'm absolutely thrilled that both Cumberbatch and Freeman got an award for their work on Sherlock. It's time they got recognized.

It's a shame that Dinklage didn't get an Emmy because he was just brilliant this season. I'm happy Margulies got, though.
Flag
Ya I was disappointed about Dinklage not winning, especially after his *amazing* courtroom scene, but c'est la vie.
Flag
He had a couple of absolutely AMAZING speeches in the last season of GoT... But there is always next year, as Breaking Bad has finished..
Would have liked to have seen a few other shows make the list - there are heaps of awesome shows, which are always overlooked because they are scifi/fantasy.
Flag
That scene was THE BEST!
Flag
We need a ban on all Modern Family and Big Bang Theory nominations so a more deserving show/actor can be recognized.
Flag
Now THERE'S a good idea.

You just know they're both going to win again next year.
Flag
Modern family is so horrible, at least to me. Why doesn't a comedy win that can actually make me laugh?
Flag
Would have personally loved to see Silicon Valley snag it, but no surprises here I see.
Flag
I was really surprised at how great Silicon Valley's first season was - such a great show!
Flag
And Two Broke Girls wasn't even nominated!!! Unbelievable!
Flag
Sorry, but Two Brike Girls even worse than Modern Family.
Flag
Not much is worse than Modern Family, but maybe New Girl.
Flag
It's awful.
Flag
Nice to see Bob's Burgers win in its category. Maybe Fox will now start showing more repeats of it instead of endless reruns of The Simpsons and Family Guy. Fox has barely repeated any of BB's episodes from this past season over the summer, opting instead to show repeats from last season or no repeats at all.

And way to go, Breaking Bad. It was a good night for shows whose initials are BB.
Flag
#breakingbad
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members