Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

Happy Emmy Nominations Day, folks. It's that depressing time of year when our hopes and dreams of waking up to some fresh, out-of-the-box nominees come crashing down so that HBO, Modern Family, and Mad Men can dominate yet again. This morning's nods were read by Aaron Paul and the host of this year's telecast, Neil Patrick Harris (who filled in for an accidentally absent Kate Mara). Like with every other year, the 2013 nominations are full of interesting choices and disappointing snubs, but all of the latest power players are here: American Horror StoryHomelandMad MenBreaking Bad30 RockModern Family, etc. If you're a big Louis C.K. or Veep fan, it's time to celebrate. Unfortunately, if you were banking on those surprising-but-deserved Tatiana Maslany or Jake Johnson nominations, it's probably best that you just call in sick and go back to bed. 

American Horror Story: Aslyum leads the field overall with 17 total nominations. Game of Thrones is close behind with 16 nominations, followed by Behind the Candelabra and Saturday Night Live, which each earned 15 nominations. Netflix's House of Cards scored the most nominations for a new show with nine, including big nominations in the categories of Lead Actor in a Drama (Kevin Spacey), Director (David Fincher), and Best Drama Series. Last year's big drama winner Homeland stood its ground, and actually grabbed a few more important nominations in the Supporting Actor (Mandy Patinkin) and Supporting Actress (Morena Baccarin) races.

House of Cards and Homeland are joined in the Outstanding Drama Series race by four returning nominees: Breaking BadDownton AbbeyGame of Thrones, and Mad Men

On the comedy side, 30 Rock leads the pack with a strong 13 nominations for its final season. No new comedy made much noise, but series like GirlsLouie, and Veep gained some ground in the major categories. And yes, Modern Family is still a big threat to win most of the awards. Somewhat surprisingly, Netflix's other big series, the fourth season of Arrested Development, didn't catch on with voters much at all. 

The Big Bang Theory joins the aforementioned 30 RockGirlsLouieVeep, and Modern Family in the Outstanding Comedy Series category. 

As always, there are plenty of things to celebrate and plenty of things to complain about with these noms, and we'll be doing that later today. But before we do, here's the full list of nominees in all the a major categories:

Outstanding Drama Series

Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mad Men

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Damien Lewis, Homeland
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Connie Britton, Nashville
Claire Danes, Homeland
Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey
Vera Farmiga, Bates Motel
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Kerry Washington, Scandal
Robin Wright, House of Cards

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Bobby Cannavale, Boardwalk Empire
Jonathan Banks, Breaking Bad
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Morena Baccarin, Homeland
Christina HendricksMad Men

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama

Nathan Lane, The Good Wife
Michael J. Fox, The Good Wife
Rupert Friend, Homeland
Robert Morse, Mad Men
Harry Hamlin, Mad Men
Dan Bucatinsky, Scandal

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama

Margo Martindale, The Americans
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
Carrie Preston, The Good Wife
Linda Cardellini, Mad Men
Jane Fonda, The Newsroom
Joan CusackShameless 

Outstanding Comedy Series

30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Girls
Louie
Modern Family
Veep

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy

Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
Louis C.K., Louie
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy

Laura Dern, Enlightened
Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy

Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Adam Driver, Girls
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
Bill Hader, Saturday Night Live
Tony Hale, Veep
Ed O'Neill, Modern Family

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy

Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Anna Chlumsky, Veep
Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock
Jane Lynch, Glee
Merritt Wever, Nurse Jackie

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy

Bobby Cannavale, Nurse Jackie
Louis C.K.Saturday Night Live
Will Forte, 30 Rock
Nathan Lane, Modern Family
Bob Newhart, The Big Bang Theory
Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy

Dot-Marie Jones, Glee
Melissa Leo, Louie
Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Molly Shannon, Enlightened
Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Reality Competition Program

The Amazing Race
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

Outstanding Reality Host

Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars
Anthony Bourdain, The Taste
Cat Deely, So You Think You Can Dance
Hedi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway
Ryan Seacrest, American Idol
Betty White, Betty White's Off Their Rockers

Outstanding Variety Series

The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Miniseries or Movie

American Horror Story: Asylum
Behind the Candelabra
The Bible
Phil Spector
Political Animals
Top of the Lake

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie

Benedict Cumberbatch, Parade's End
Matt Damon, Behind the Candelabra
Michael Douglas, Behind the Candelabra
Toby Jones, The Girl
Al Pacino, Phil Spector

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie

Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Asylum
Laura Linney, The Big C: Hereafter
Elisabeth Moss, Top of the Lake
Helen Mirren, Phil Spector
Sigourney Weaver, Political Animals

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie

Scott Bakula, Behind the Candelabra
James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum
John Benjamin Hickey, The Big C: Hereafter
Peter Mullan, Top of the Lake
Zachary Quinto, American Horror Story: Asylum

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie

Ellen Burstyn, Political Animals
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Asylum
Charlotte Rampling, Restless
Imelda Staunton, The Girl
Alfre Woodard, Steel Magnolias

For a complete list of the 2013 Emmy nominations, head on over to the official Emmys website. And here's the replay of the announcement, if you'd like to see it for yourself:

Go ahead and list your compliments and complaints in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/18/2016

Season 68 : Episode 0

161 Comments
Comments (161)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wait, will Breaking Bad / Cranston / Paul also be nominated for next year's Emmys too? Or does this year mark their last eligibility? I'm just trying to figure out when they will get their much deserved sweep...

With Mad Men ending after next year, it would probably free up the category for Jon Hamm to finally get his much deserved award.
Flag
Go Homeland and Breaking Bad!

Flag
Benedict Cumberbatch NEEDS to win for best lead in a miniseries.
Flag
Nothing against Mad Men, I think it's a good show, but not as good as SOA or Justified or even Person of Interest. And their ensemble cast are great in their scenes but I'm hard press to recall any breakout performance from any of them. The absence of Michael Cudlitz and Regina King is mind boggling to me...oh well.
Flag
Mad Men is very overrated in my opinion. The exception is Jon Hamm. He really is great. The definitive proof of that is the part of his story where he was drunk and depressed at the same time. (This was a few years ago). I'm not sure any of the others should be nominated. I don't think the show is interesting enough to deserve a nomination.

But I have to admit, I have also never really understood why people appreciate Regina King so much. She's obviously good, but is she *that* good?

Cudlitz was great in Southland, but the competition in that category is insane.
Flag
Amy Poehler will be snubbed again.
I would have liked Will Arnett or Jeffrey Tambor to be nominated rather than Jason Bateman. Nothing against him, but i just think the other performances were better
Flag
Here my favorites to win the Emmy...

Outstanding Drama Series

Game of Thrones (The Rains of the Castamere was awesome!)

Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey (He deserves it)

Kerry Washington, Scandal (For sure!)

Jim Carter, Downton Abbey (Peter has won before, so it's fair to give this time to Jim)

Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones (Dragons!!! Lol. I'm glad for her)

Dan Bucatinsky, Scandal (Never expected this one before, but he was great in Scandal)

Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones (Grow stronger! Lol)

Modern Family

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy

Ed O'Neill, Modern Family

Jane Lynch, Glee

Outstanding Reality Competition Program

The Amazing Race (Forever and always)

Outstanding Miniseries or Movie

American Horror Story: Asylum

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie

Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Asylum (A legendary actress)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie

James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum (No doubt he is...)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie

Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Asylum (She did great in season 2)
More+
Flag
I love how everyone acts shocked and dismayed when the Emmys don't live up to their nomination expectations--it's like watching the movie Groundhog Day. As far as I'm concerned though, wake me up when they finally smell the coffee and realize Nick Offerman is just ridiculously awesome. Although I assume that will be never, because the Emmys are absolutely useless insofar as recognizing what makes good television.
Flag
THIS GOES WITHOUT SAYING AND SHOULD BE A HARD AND FAST RULE:
1, COUNT THEM 1, NOMINATION PER CATEGORY PER SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Louie is a good show, but not that funny! Sorry, but it isn't!
Episodes is highly UNDERRATED!
Enlightened is NOT a comedy show, same as Nurse Jackie is NOT a comedy show! (would you put a laugh track to either of these shows, or Louie for that matter????)
Reality shows, competitions, whatever you want to call them should have their own Show, ala Daytime Emmy Show! They dont belong!!!!!!!!

SNL is a nominee in Comedy and variety show??? How can this be?
AHA is neither a movie or miniseries!!!!!
Big C is a series, same for Political Animals, but the latter got cancelled!

Do they think most of us are morons? was going to say ret...., but thats the new N word!

Flag
>>>>>Louie is a good show, but not that funny! Sorry, but it isn't!

No, it is not. Watching LCK on top of Runkle's wife was disgusting. Funny? Not on this planet.

The funniest thing about Louie was David Lynch.

That's it.

>>>>>>Episodes is highly UNDERRATED!

You are correct.

>>>>>>Enlightened is NOT a comedy show,

It's also an insult to women with a brain, but thankfully it was cancelled.

>>>>>>>same as Nurse Jackie is NOT a comedy show!

No, it is not. Have you seen it lately? The writers have ruined the show.

>>>>>>Reality shows, competitions, whatever you want to call them should have their own Show, ala Daytime Emmy Show! They dont belong!!!!!!!!

Well, there is a place where they belong. In the garbage.

I bet the guy who puts these shows in these categories gets paid a LOT of money. And he doesn't care what we think.
Flag
take a breath champ, jesus christ it's just the emmys...
Flag
Wow no Nikolaj Coster-Waldau? Did they even watch GoT this season? I love Peter Dinklage but Nikolaj owned this season.
Emilia Clarke probably got the nod cos Dragons are way cool! However my pick would have been Michelle Fairley, Maisie Williams or Gwendoline Christie.
I'm a Damian Lewis fan but Homeland S2 was stupid.
Best guest actor nomination IMO would be James Wolk (Bob Benson) Mad Men.
Top of the Lake was excellent as was Elisabeth Moss. Not many Americans can pull off an Australian accent let alone a New Zealand one. If you haven't watched it do yourself a favour and watch it!
Flag
I hope 30 Rock cleans up. It deserves it more than MF and TBBT. It had a fantastic final farewell of a season. Liz Lemon's having it all.
Flag
I don't understand almost any of this. They left Neil Patrick Harris out again ! And How I Met Your Mother ! And Michelle Fairley ! Or even Zoe Deschanel ! :(
Flag
no comment.
Flag
Emilia Clarke and not Michelle Fairley? Really?
Flag
I know. Love Dany but she has like no plot compared to Catelyn and Michelle Fairley killed it in THe Rain of Castmere.
Flag
i don't even have a reaction for the nominations, it was obvious who would be nominated because the emmys have stayed within this safety net for so long I'm just gonna sit on the floor
Flag
Kerry Washington, Emilia Clarke, Jonathan Banks, Vera Farmiga, Laura Dern, Tony Hale, Adam Driver, Merritt Wever, Anna Chlumsky, Molly Shannon?

That "safety net" seems to have a few holes...
Flag
You forgot to add Sofia Vergara's name to the list of supporting actress in comedy.
Flag
really? 3 dudes from modern family in one category? what a f ucking joke
Flag
I didn't even look at the comedy nominations this year, but I remember that 2-3 years ago, every adult member of the cast except sarah hyland (who plays a teenager) were nominated.
Flag
Yes ! They should give other series a chance ! What about How I Met Your Mother or New Girl.
Flag
exactly, jake johnson definitely deserves some recognition.
Flag
And Winston !! hahaha
Flag
haha yes cant forget winston
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
My choices in the categories I care about:

Outstanding Drama Series

Very difficult to choose. I think Homeland and Game of Thrones were both fantastic this year. I almost can't believe that Breaking Bad is only my third favorite. If I have to pick one right now, I choose Game of Thrones.

Wow. This is just as hard. I don't watch Downton Abbey, but *all* of the other guys are amazing. I think I want Jeff Daniels to win this, but I have to admit that I'm influenced by the fact that Bryan Cranston, Damian Lewis and Jon Hamm have already won this, and Kevin Spacey has won an Oscar (right?).

This one is easy. Clare Danes should win this. I'm not sure the others should even be nominated. Jennifer Carpenter should be nominated here. She makes sense both as lead and supporting. Since I don't care much for the other nominees in this category, I have to join the rest of you in shouting Tatiana Maslany.

Peter Dinklage or Mandy Patinkin. I love Jonathan Banks and Aaron Paul too. I wish they could all win. If I have to choose one now, I choose Mandy Patinkin. That face he made when he saw Carrie in the final scene of the season makes it hard to choose anyone else. But if John Noble had been nominated, I would have chosen him.

Since Jennifer Carpenter isn't even nominated, this is hard. It's either Morena Baccarin or Emilia Clarke. I like them both better than the other nominees. As much as I like those two, I'm a little bit surprised to see that they're nominated. I didn't really expect that. It would also have been nice to see Ivana Milicevic nominated here. I choose Morena Baccarin.

Easy. Rupert Friend. None of the others contributed as much to their show as he did. But why is he a guest actor and not a supporting actor? I suppose it's just because he has a better chance to win this one. This category should be filled with characters from Game of Thrones. If Robert Morse (the old guy on Mad Men) is a guest, then so is Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) and Rory McCann (The Hound). And how about that Walder Frey guy?

Carrie Preston. I love that character (Elsbeth Tascioni on The good wife). I would be OK with Diana Rigg too. Definitely not Jane Fonda. She was far too replaceable. I think Laura Fraser (Lydia Rodarte-Quayle) should have been nominated here.

More+
Flag
I can't stop laughing because I think times are going to change and the Emmy's are going to become something more than just an industry joke. And then the all but spell it out to everyone that they aren't going to change a thing. F you fans of good shows on F/X we love Ryan Murphy more than any of you (and always have) and Louis CK because WE HAVE TO. Best Actress ???? I don't see any of the BEST actress performances on that list except for Vera Farmiga. TATIANA MASLANY snubbed is just nonsense. They didn't get a single nomination so they don't even get invited to the party - BULLSH!T. Also what do Emmy Rossum and Mireille Enos have to do to get on this list? 'The Killing' may have problems from time to time but Mireille Enos and Joel Kinneman make it must watch. Keri Russell was as superior to Claire Danes as 'The Americans' was to 'Homeland's unbelievably stupid sophomore season. Nothing for Matthew Rhys or Tim Olyphant or Charlie Hunnam. And as stupid as 'Homeland' was in season 2, they're in all of the acting categories?

Was Morena Baccarin even in Season 2 of 'Homeland' - watched the season, only remember her stock character in passing - no impression left at all. If that performance deserved to be recognized over - take your pick - Lili Simmons, Maggie Siff, Kate Mara, Anastasia Griffith, Emma Kenney, Jennifer Carpenter, Maria Doyle Kennedy (yeah I thought maybe it could get 2 either Ms Kennedy or Jordan Gavaris) - if she's better than any of those girls' performances - I know nothing. Except for Baccarin its same old same old. Wonder what Juliana did to piss off the 'in crowd'?

JUST BRING BACK THE CABLE ACE AWARDS AND LET THE EMMYS DIE JUST LIKE NBC.

Oh and F U Sterling Archer - the critics may love you but we will always ignore that you exist! Signed, The Emmys

Go Merritt Weaver!!!!

Peace.

More+
Flag
The only surprisingly good thing about this list is the nomination of Mandy Patinkin for Best Suporting Actor, IMHO.
Flag
True. But he won't win.

Why won't he win? Because he should.
Flag
Tatiana Maslany couldn't even get a supporting actress in a drama? I mean, Alison and Cosima both get more screen time than Emilia Clarke's Dany. Seriously, Dany is absent or makes 30 second spots in half the episodes this past season. I'd be surprised if she had more than 200 words of dialogue in a season. Serious snub to Maslany.
Flag
This is so typical, they never go outside the box or nominate un-expected
shows. I like Modern Family and everything but enough is enough.
Flag
Wow, they're pretty dreadful. Comedy is slightly better than any Drama categories, but still altogether fairly dreadful. Why is it all the same... so short-sighted? There are also well made shows other than, GoT, BrBa, DA, MM and Big Bang.
Flag
I read this and inserted Tatiana Maslany and Orphan Black into every category. Makes more sense that way.
Flag
What an effing joke the Emmys continue to show themselves to be. Some of the finest ever acting happened this year, only to be completely ignored by these buffoons. (Hello Tatiana Maslany, Keri Russell, Michael Cudlitz, Michelle Fairley, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, Lily Rabe, etc.) And we were treated to some amazing seasons of television (Justified, The Americans, Southland, Orphan Black, to name a few). Do these people not watch quality television until it comes out on DVD or Netflix a year later??? Fools!! Fools, I say!!
Flag
It's been one year already? It feels like yesterday when I complained about last year's selection. Anyway, the gist of last year's comments still applies today: Too many possible nominees, too few nominations to hand out. So some candidates are bound to be left out, and there's nothing we can do about it. Same old story.

The only thing which is as certain as death and taxes is that The Daily Show With Jon Stewart will win its category. Just as last year, and the year before, and the year before...
Flag
Woo Episodes!!
Flag
Woo Seasons!!
Flag
how is Shameess not nominated???????? And Emmy Rossum?????? I have trouble believing Nashville had anything in it that didn't belong on a daytime soap opera in comparison
Flag
Emmy Rossum absolutely deserves a nomination one of these years, but I'm afraid the way the Emmys seem to work, she's unlikely to get that first nod now... getting a nomination for season 1 is the key to getting one every year thereafter, as Modern Family proves.
Flag
Go 30 Rock and Tina Fey!!
Flag
Wow, that Outstanding supporting actress in a drama category is really loaded with talent! I can't decide!
Flag
Kerry Washington has to win for Lead Actress Drama!
Flag
O. Drama Series: Should go to GoT, Breaking Bad (hopefully) will most likely win for their next nomination when the show finishes and Homeland won last year.
O. Supporting Actress Drama: This HAS to go to Emilia Clarke, but they are all wonderful so I won't be too disappointed if she doesn't win.
O. Comedy Series: For me it has to be Veep or Louie. Modern Family is not what it once was (and even then it didn't deserve the award three years in a row).
O. Lead Actress Comedy: POEHLER! POEHLER! POEHLER!
O. Supporting Actress Comedy: Anna Chlumsky!

I am really disappointed in the complete lack of acknowledgement for Orphan Black and Tatiana Maslany.
Flag
Emilia Clarke's nomination was well deserved. Hate to say it, but Nikolaj should have gotten the spot instead of Dinklage this year.
Flag
Dani's probably my favourite GoT character, but I don't even think she deserves it. It's cool that she can master multiple fictional languages, but she didn't have any standout scenes in Season 3 except for when she got the Unsullied, but that was more for the chaos of the scene. Michelle Fairley or Lena Headey deserve it more.
Flag
I'm not talking about her mastery of other languages. That's the least of her talent. She has genuinely earned it over the course of 3 years of amazing work on GOT.

I have to agree that Lena and Michelle also deserve a nomination though, but not over Emilia.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I don't understand this Emilia Clarke love. GoT is only ten episodes and she is barely involved with most of the show. Her dialogue is almost entirely in a made up language. I admit she has presence, but her character is so inscrutable that it doesn't reveal any exceptional acting ability. Perhaps I'm missing something. Other than frequent nudity.
Flag
What according to you, constitutes 'frequent' exactly?
Flag
"barely involved" applies to all the other GoT actors as well.

The fact that some of the dialogue is in a fictional language shouldn't be held against her. If anything, it's an argument *for* her nomination. The scene that started with her shouting "dovaogedys" (or however it's spelled) was the highlight of the season. I think her delivery of those lines was fantastic.

So I disagree with those who suggest that she clearly doesn't deserve a nomination. I'm not entirely sure that I would put her in the top 5 (I haven't really thought it through), but I would definitely put her in the top 15, and ahead of a few of the others who were nominated.

She only had one nude scene in this season. It was pretty pointless, and is certainly not the reason why we think her acting is great.

Flag
Not compared to Michelle Fairley, Clarke did not deserve that nomination.
Flag
Opinions.
Flag
Both deserve it, but Tyrion secured himself a spot in the episode that he married Sansa. No one pulls off drunk emotion better!
Flag
Of course he's awesome, but I was saying that if they only wanted one actor from GOT this year, then the Emmy voters should have voted for Nikolaj. Lets be honest here. Almost every actor from GOT deserves an Emmy.
Flag
I am the God of Tits and Wine!

I think both should have been nominated. I love Aaron Paul (my favorite actor in any category over the past few years except maybe John Noble and Peter Dinklage), but he didn't have any challenging scenes in season 5a. So I think NCW could replace AP, but not PD.

Peter Dinklage is so awesome it's just ridiculous. His performance as Tyrion is a strong candidate for a best-ever award. If they could CGI any actor's face onto a dwarf's body and make it look real, PD would still be the best person in the world to play Tyrion.

Even though I think NCW deserves a nomination, I can understand that he doesn't get one, because supporting actor in a drama is usually the toughest category of all.
Flag
No Hugh Dancy??He did amazing job as mentally unstable Will Graham on Hannibal.
Flag
Seriously... no Maslany? And Conny Britton is there? I can only explain this because the people voting on the nominations didn't have time to watch Orphan Black.
Flag
top of the lake vs AHS will be interesting. hope sarah paulson wins.

everything else looks like a repeat of last year.
Flag
It sucks not seeing Tatiana Maslany or Orphan Black anywhere, but none of us should really have been expecting it. They were just wishful thinking.

Justified is a fringe Emmy nominee, probably. It wouldn't be surprising if it were nominated or not.

The one I expected and am surprised to see not mentioned anywhere is The Americans / Matthew Rhys / Keri Russell. Probably not all three, but I expected at least one of them to get a nomination in one of their respective categories.
Flag
Very much in agreement about the Americans, but did find it hard to choose one of the male leads to pull out for Matthew Rhys. Keri Russell and Maslany definitely had spots to snag.
Flag
Tatiana Maslany belongs there, but she'll have at least one more season of Orphan Black to turn heads. I was looking forward to seeing both Tatiana and Clare Danes on the dais but at least now I don't have to choose. (Not that I'll watch, or anything like that). Glad Melissa Leo got the nod for her guest role in Louie -- the woman is golden, comedy or drama.

Now what's this "Outstanding Reality ..." nonsense. Obviously we're grading on a curve.
Flag
And another year that I am so freaking frustrated. No New Girl love? This season was miles above season 1 and NOTHING? But oh wait, Modern Family again gets a bunch of undeserved love?

Sigh. There are so many things I wanna bitch about but I think most everyone else has already mentioned them and I'll just get in more of a grumpy mood.....
Flag
yay Enlightened! I know you're not going to win, but still!
Flag
Look, I like Downton Abbey as much as the next PBS loving Anglophile, but Best Drama, Actor, and Actress Emmy nominations? Really??!? It's a soap opera, folks. Remarkably well done (Cousin Patrick excepted DUH because that was the worst), but a soap opera nonetheless, and definitely not on par with Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. Americans really do think anything said or done with an English accent is smarter, I guess.
Flag
Orpah Black DENIED??? I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED!!!
Flag
I love Peter Dinklage but if they are only going to award one nomination to Game of Thrones for Supporting Actor, it should have gone to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (he actually made me feel sorry for the 'King Slayer' this season).
Flag
Pfffffh.....
Flag
Not suprising. Glad for Jason Bateman, even if Arrested Development deserved more than just one nomination. And of course, delighted for Zachary Quinto.
Flag
uh...no Mads Mikkelsen?????? u must be kidding me....
btw Congrats Mandy Patinkin!
Flag
Tatiana Maslany did not get a nomination??!!! Probably the most outrageous omission in a long line of outrageous omissions by the academy over the years. WTF?? Some of the actresses nominated shouldn't even be considered a "lead" in their series. Absolutely ridiculous.
Flag
I love Daenerys as much as the next guy, but it is a travesty she was nominated over Michelle Fairley, who was much more deserving and much more talented.
Flag
Outstanding Drama Series

Game of Thrones
Homeland

Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom

Damien Lewis, Homeland

Claire Danes, Homeland

Robin Wright, House of Cards

Jonathan Banks, Breaking Bad
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad

Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones

Christina Hendricks, Mad Men

The Big Bang Theory

Louie

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy

Louis C.K., Louie

Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy

Laura Dern, Enlightened

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep

Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory

Jane Lynch, Glee
Flag
SOUTHLAND? It got nominated for Stunt Coordination but come on... :(((
Flag
Yet another year proving why the Emmys suck. Yet, I'm guessing the Emmys still air because people wanna watch celebrities no matter what.

Boo on the typical nominations: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, TBBT, Modern Family, AHS, blah, blah, blah.

Boo on no Tony Goldwyn, Guillermo Diaz, Jeff Perry, John Noble (a girl can hope, right?), Keri Russell, Noah Emmerich, The Americans, Fringe.....and the list goes on and on....

Total popularity contest, just like reality show competitions.
Flag
popularity contest? are you telling me the emmys are based on an accumulative voting system? someone call the police, stat!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members