Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

The Emmys are this Sunday, and we've finally reached the end of our two-week Emmy Extravaganza, in which we've provided our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday we chose our picks for lead actor in a drama, and today we're going out with the big one: the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. 

P.S. Since we all know that most Emmy voters don't share our obviously excellent taste, Cory has put together some official predictions of who actually WILL win this weekend. You should definitely consult it before completing your office pool ballot. 

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

THE NOMINEES: Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Mad Men

RECENT WINNERS: Mad Men won four times in a row, from 2008-2011, at which point Homeland broke its streak in 2012. 

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: What's it take for Breaking Bad to win this category? It was refreshing to see Homeland beat Mad Men last year, but I don't think either of those series can top where Breaking Bad went in the first half of Season 5. I know that when we compare Season 5A to Season 5B, the former looks like a dud, but at this point, 99 percent of what's on TV looks like a dud if you compare it to Season 5B (which is practically guaranteed to win next year). Also, I think Downton Abbey was only nominated as a joke. That spot should have gone to Justified.

TIM: These were down seasons for Breaking Bad (which is nominated for 5A, not the currently airing 5B), Downton Abbey, Homeland, and Mad Men, and House of Cards only landed a nomination because of all the A-list names involved. Game of Thrones, however, was awesome, and Season 3 was arguably its best one yet (quiet, haters!). 

JEN: As much as I want to use this opportunity to say that Mad Men's sixth season was "Not great, Bob!" I actually thought it was pretty stong overall. However, I'm not sure it was strong enough. I'd love to see either Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones take home a victory, but I think I'll give to GoT this year (and Breaking Bad next) because Season 3 was great and it's about time a "genre" show earned TV's top honor. 

thekaitling:list:emmys-2013-which-show-should-win-for-best-drama-series/

PREVIOUSLY:

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actor in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Which Show Should Win for Best Comedy Series?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

The 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards air this Sunday, September 22 on CBS.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/25/2014

Season 66 : Episode 1

67 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Amazing Race 25 All or Nothing
    NEW
    CBS
  •  
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon Viral