Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

Hopefully by now you know that we're smack-dab in the middle of the voting period for the 2013 Emmy nominations. Voting ends this Friday, June 28, and before it does, we're breaking down everything you need to know before the last crusty Academy member turns in his penciled-in Scantron ballot. We've already talked about the eccentricities of the nominations ballots themselves and posted some predictions for the major comedy categories. Today, we're giving the drama categories the same treatment: Who's in the running for a nomination? Who deserves one? And who will likely end up getting one?

The drama races are even more intriguing than comedy ones, if only because there's no Modern Family-like reign of terror to put up with. Will the love for Homeland continue, even after what many folks consider to be a disappointing second season? Will Mad Men take back its Outstanding Series crown? Can Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones make any noise outside of the acting categories? And will any of the high-profile new shows (House of Cards, The Americans, The Newsroom, Hannibal) break into already-jam-packed categories?

Also: Just a friendly reminder that this discussion is all based on the categories and submissions listed on the publicly available ballots. So if you're weirded out that your favorite actress is in the wrong category, kindly bother her agent, not me.

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

The recent trend: There hasn't been much consistency in this category, but it's still regularly one of the toughest and most compelling races of the entire Emmys event. Aaron Paul has been nominated the last three years that he's been eligible (2009, 2010, and 2012) and walked away with trophies in 2010 and 2012. Peter Dinklage won in 2011 when Paul wasn't in the race, and was also nominated last year. Other than that, this one varies year-to-year. John Slattery garnered three straight noms for Mad Men from 2009 to 2011 before giving up his spot to Jared Harris last year. Three years in a row, at least one show has grabbed two spots in the category: Lost in 2010 (Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn), The Good Wife in 2011 (Josh Charles and Alan Cumming) and Downton Abbey and Breaking Bad in 2012 (Jim Carter and Brendan Coyle; Paul and Giancarlo Esposito).

The probable repeats: Paul, Dinklage, Carter, and Esposito are the four actors still eligible this year, but the first two are the only ones in real contention. The Downton Abbey cast is always a threat, but Carter was a surprise nominee last year and he's facing tougher competition from his co-workers this year (Dan Stevens, one of the show's leads, submitted here). Esposito is eligible for his work on Revolution and he's the best part of that show, but come on.

The most deserving candidates: Corey Stoll (House of Cards), Noah Emmerich (The Americans), Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad), Michael Cudlitz (Southland), Mandy Patinkin (Homeland), Walton Goggins (Justified), Vincent Kartheiser (Mad Men), Bobby Cannavale (Boardwalk Empire), Josh Charles (The Good Wife), Alan Cumming (The Good Wife), Matt Czuchry (The Good Wife), Kim Coates (Sons of Anarchy), Justin Chambers (Grey's Anatomy), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones), Guillermo Diaz (Scandal), Charles Esten (Nashville), Tony Goldwyn (Scandal), Shawn Hatosy (Southland), Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal), Dean Norris (Breaking Bad), John Noble (Fringe), Kevin Rahm (Mad Men), Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy), Nick Wechsler (Revenge), Jeremy Allen White (Shameless), and David Morse (Treme).

The possible breakthroughs: As usual, this is super show dependent. There are, minimum, five shows that could make big noise this year: The Americans, House of Cards, The Newsroom, Hannibal, and Scandal. And even if the shows don't garner a slew of awards, individual performers like Corey Stoll, Noah Emmerich, Sam Waterston, Mads Mikkelsen, and Tony Goldwyn could very, very easily jump into this race. Mandy Patinkin will probably push his way into the top six after weirdly not getting nominated last year, and Jonathan Banks seems primed to join co-star Paul on the list. Several former nominees (Walton Goggins, John Slattery, Alan Cumming, Josh Charles) are still hanging around. There's also buzz for folks like Michael Cudlitz and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and we can't forget that Larry Hagman of Dallas could easily score a posthumous nomination. In short, there's a lot going on here.

The likely final picks: Paul, Dinklage, Patinkin, Stoll, Emmerich and Waterston. This was the toughest six to pick. I'm betting that voter love for Aaron Sorkin and Waterston gets Waterston that last spot over more deserving folks.

poll

Check all that apply.

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

The recent trend: Again, not a whole lot of consistency. Christina Hendricks, Christine Baranski, and Archie Panjabi have all been nominated for three straight years (with Panjabi winning in 2010); that's about it. Margo Martindale won for her amazing work on Justified in 2011, and Maggie Smith won for Downton Abbey last year.

The probable repeats: This is another stuffed category, but it's possible that all six of last year's nominees could return: Smith, Hendricks, Baranski, Panjabi, Anna Gunn, and Joanne Froggatt. It's difficult to bet against Emmy voter complacency, especially when the performances are good enough to more or less deserve the nomination. If any of those six is going to drop out, I'd pick Panjabi (but she's also a former winner) or Froggatt (but Downton Abbey).

The most deserving candidates: Lena Headey (Game of Thrones), Monica Potter (Parenthood), Morena Baccarin (Homeland), Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter), Caroline Dhavernas (Hannibal), Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones), Kelly Macdonald (Boardwalk Empire), Lauren Graham (Parenthood), Kristin Bauer van Straten (True Blood), Joelle Carter (Justified), Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Megan Hilty (Smash), Regina King (Southland), Melissa Leo (Treme), Elizabeth McGovern (Downton Abbey), Susan Miser (The Americans), Gretchen Mol (Boardwalk Empire), Mae Whitman (Parenthood), Bellamy Young (Scandal), Hayden Panettiere (Nashville), Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy), Lana Parrilla (Once Upon a Time), Morgan Saylor (Homeland), Maggie Siff (Sons of Anarchy) and J. Smith-Cameron (Rectify).

The possible breakthroughs: With all six of last year's nominees likely to be in play, I'm struggling to figure out exactly who could make a push into the top six. Monica Potter and Morena Baccarin are the two names you'll probably hear the most, plus Kelly Macdonald is a former nominee for Boardwalk Empire. Potter, Jennifer Carpenter, Regina King, Lena Headey and Hayden Panettiere are all very worthy in my mind, but again, the reality is that maybe one of them has a shot.

The likely final picks: Smith, Gunn, Baranski, Hendricks, Potter and Panjabi. It's a toss-up between Potter, Panjabi, and Froggatt for that final spot.

poll

Check all that apply.

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

The recent trend: Finally, some consistency! Michael C. Hall and Jon Hamm have each been nominated for five straight years, while Bryan Cranston has been nominated in all four years that he's been eligible (2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012). Steve Buscemi has a smaller—but still relevant—streak of two straight nominations. It's also important to note that Cranston won three years in a row (2008-2010), but was unseated by Homeland's Damian Lewis last year (Kyle Chandler won in 2011, when Cranston wasn't eligible).

The probable repeats: In a more certain world, all of them. Cranston, Hamm, and Lewis are shoe-ins, and it seems odd that Hall wouldn't make it in a year where he actually has great material to submit. I'm less confident about Buscemi (voters aren't that charmed by Boardwalk) or Downton's Hugh Bonneville returning (ugh, Downton), but it's not like they have ZERO shot of making it back in the top six.

The most deserving candidates: Aden Young (Rectify), Andre Braugher (Last Resort), Matthew Rhys (The Americans), Jeff Daniels (The Newsroom), Kevin Spacey (House of Cards), Timothy Olyphant (Justified), Hugh Dancy (Hannibal), Michael Emerson (Person of Interest), Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy), Jonny Lee Miller (Elementary), and Wendell Pierce (Treme).

The possible breakthroughs: There are two biggies: Jeff Daniels and Kevin Spacey. If this weren't such a competitive category, I'd call them 100 percent locks to gain a nomination. Emmy voters love it when movie stars come to TV. If The Following weren't so terrible, Kevin Bacon would have a shot as well. The swell of support for The Americans would, in theory, give Matthew Rhys some chance, but it sure feels like the conversation is more about Noah Emmerich and Keri Russell. Timothy Olyphant is sort of screwed because Justified is airing alongside all these other, buzzier shows, but it's not like he's undeserving. In a fair world, Aden Young and Hugh Dancy would be threats too.

The likely final picks: Lewis, Cranston, Hamm, Spacey, Daniels, and Hall. Buscemi, Bonneville, and Olyphant are in the ring with Hall for that last spot, but the real fight doesn't begin until the nominations are out.

poll

Check all that apply.

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

The recent trend: There isn't one! This category is altogether hodgepodge: It was something of a static race in the late aughts, with the likes of Glenn Close, Sally Field, Kyra Sedgwick, and Mariska Hargitay making regular appearances, but in the last few years, the nominees have been less consistent. Sedgwick finally won in 2010, then wasn't nominated in the following two years, and Hargitay wasn't nominated last year for the first time in eight. Connie Britton and Kathy Bates each made a pair of well-deserved appearances, in 2010 and 2011 and 2011 and 2012, respectively. The one constant in the last three years has been Julianna Margulies, who was expected to win in 2010 but lost to Sedgwick, won in 2011, and then got buzzsawed by Claire Danes last year.

The probable repeats: Five of last year's nominees are eligible (Danes, Margulies, Close, Michelle Dockery, and Elisabeth Moss) and it's silly to assume that they all don't have the inside track to return. Danes and Margulies are absolutely in, and while there's extremely stiff competition, the other three probably are too. (Though doesn't it seem like Damages ended, like, three years ago?)

The most deserving candidates: Keri Russell (The Americans), Kerry Washington (Scandal), Khandi Alexander (Treme), Connie Britton (Nashville), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel), Robin Wright (House of Cards), Nina Dobrev (The Vampire Diaries), Lucy Liu (Elementary), Emmy Rossum (Shameless), Maggie Q (Nikita), Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy), and Katey Sagal (Sons of Anarchy).

The possible breakthroughs: Man, this category is kind of unbelievable. The holdovers are mostly qualified, but I could imagine a second group with Russell, Washington, Maslany, Farmiga, Rossum, and Wright. The buzz is obviously behind Maslany, but I'm still weary that she could actually earn the attention of Emmy voters. A&E is doing its best to get Farmiga up there, and Netflix and FX are bound to do the same for Wright and Russell. But if anyone in that group can break through it has to be Washington, right? She's the lead of the most talked-about drama on broadcast TV, and she's also tremendous on it. If she can't make it in now, when can she? History suggests that Hargitay, Britton, and Sedgwick are all contenders as well.

The likely final picks: Danes, Margulies, Moss, Washington, Russell, and Farmiga. I'm going out on more of a limb here than I have anywhere else; there are just too many fascinating subplots in this category. Close and Dockery could easily return, and Britton and Wright could easily join. I'm only confident about the top three.

poll

Check all that apply.

Outstanding Drama Series

The recent trend: Before last year, it was all Mad Men, all the time. The series won the award four years in a row from 2008 to 2011, but was unseated by Homeland in 2012. The other nominees have been somewhat consistent. Breaking Bad has been here the last three years it was eligible (2009, 2010, and 2012), and both Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones have garnered back-to-back nominations. And if you count its nod in the Miniseries/TV movie category for its first season in 2011, so has Downton Abbey.

The probable repeats: All six of last year's nominees are eligible again. Homeland, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Downton Abbey will certainly be back, and Game of Thrones probably is too. Though it feels like we're past the time where Boardwalk Empire is involved in these discussions.

The most deserving candidates: The Americans, Hannibal, The Good Wife, Justified, House of Cards, Dexter, Scandal, Parenthood, Rectify and Southland.

The possible breakthroughs: Those shows you've already heard a lot about—The Americans, House of Cards, The Newsroom, and Scandal—are all in play. House of Cards and The Americans feel like the safest bets to nab a spot, and maybe some residual love for broadcast will give Scandal a chance. The Good Wife been nominated before and Justified is always kicking around, but the race is probably just too packed for them to make it this year.

The likely final picks: Homeland, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, House of Cards, and Game of Thrones. I'd love to swap in The Americans to replace either Downton Abbey or House of Cards, or push the field to seven, but both scenarios are probably unlikely.

poll

Check all that apply.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/20/2015

Season 67 : Episode 1

182 Comments
Comments (182)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Definitely Breaking Bad!
Flag
vampire diaries? like seriously?
Flag
Me encanta que Nina Dobrev esté la primera en el ránking, pero ¿Por qué Ian Somerhalder no está por ningún lado? Estos dos son los mejores actores de The Vampire Diaries y posiblemente los mejores actores de la televisión actual.
Flag
voting ends is...when?
Flag
Michelle Fairley is not on this list! That is fucking stupid. I came on here, realised I could vote for my opinion and thought, well I now who I'll be voting for for best supp actress, and she isn't even on there.
Flag
Where is Michelle fucking Fairley? I just...
Flag
This is a clearly a CW fansite LOL! Because everyone knows that there are no good shows or actor/actresses on that network.And the Emmys don't even look at their shows at all.
Flag
Nina Dobrev is an amazing, truly talented actress and is doing one heck of a super job doing so. Don't believe me? Check out her performance back when she was on Degrassi. Still don't believe me? Watch her amazing performance in some of the movies she's done such as The American Mall, Too Young to Marry, Never Cry Werewolf, & My Daughter's Secret. Nina Dobrev is well on her way towards stardom & will be known as the best actress ever to hit the Hollywood scene. One day soon, you might see her win an Oscar for her performances in her work. Heck, the Teen Choice Awards are just around the corner and you might see her win a few awards there. I hope and pray that Nina Dobrev wins an Emmy this year, she earned it & she deserves to win one. Her time has come & her time is NOW!!! I <3 Nina Dobrev!!!!!
Flag
Game of thrones for drama show, it's all that I want.
Flag
It was one of the best seasons
Flag
Too many fanboys/girls in here
Flag
ARE YOU SHITTING ME??!! I have seen more than half of these supporting actresses do their thing on tv (and they are all incredible) but there's unarguably no one that deserves to be up there more than Sara Ramirez of Grey's Anatomy. She's too underrated it breaks my heart.
Flag
I CANT BELIEVE YOU DIDNT INCLUDE STANA KATIC IN THIS LIST. REALLY? There are women in this list nobody even knows them! For god sakes, Stana not only should be in this list but also WIN it.
Flag
Oh and Claire Danes: Best Lead Actress and Monica Potter: Best Supporting Actress
Flag
What is the demographic for this website? The votes are a bit skewed

Anyhow my picks would be:

Best Actor:
Hugh Dancy (Hannibal)
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
Timothy Olyphant (Justified)
Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire)
Peter Krause (Parenthood)

Best Supporting Actor:
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game Of Thrones)
Walton Goggins (Justified)
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
Michael Cudlitz (Southland)

Flag
Mariska Hargitay has been playing an OUTSTANDING role for the past 14 years, and she's still at it to this day. She seriously deserves to be nominated
Flag
Where "Bones"? And David Boreanaz? I'm sad...

P.S. Emily Deschanel you're the best!
Flag
Here are my favorites for each category (in most categories I couldn't just pick one winner)

Best Supporting Actor:
-Jeff Perry (Scandal) Don't know why he isn't on the list for most deserved, much better then Tony Goldwyn, and his monologues are the highlight of the episode multiple times.

Best Supporting Actress:
-Megan Hilty (Smash)
-Bellamy Young (Scandal)
-Hayden Paynittere (Nashville)
I know Smash was thought by many to be a trainwreck this season, but Megan was consistently impressive. Hayden was in tip top shape all season, and Young just CONSISTENTLY killed it while playing such a psycho.

Best Actor:
-Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad)
-Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
One word for both men: Outstanding

Best Actress:
-Nina Dobrev (The Vampire Diaries)
-Kerry Washington (Scandal)
-Troian Bellisario (Lauren)
-Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)
-Troian Bellisario (Pretty Little Liars)
This is the hardest out of all of them for me to decide upon. While all of them may not star on the most mature shows (TVD and PLL), I'm judging them solely on the quality of their work. On TVD, Dobrev gives an outstanding performance, on a show where she plays two MAIN charachters that are both unique. She was particularly amazing in episodes 16-23 of the season, and even won POTW for 4x16. A performance of her lifetime. Washington is outstanding on Scandal. Maslany is bewildering in OB. Troian Bellisario in Lauren was outstanding while playing a raped army solider. Absolutely 5 star performance. She also shined on PLL last season after slowly hitting rock bottom after finding out Toby was on the A team, as well as when he died.

Best Drama:
-The Vampire Diaries
-Scandal
-The Americans
-Breaking Bad
Scandal or TVD is the one I REALLY want to see win this one. But I also have mad love for the other two shows.
More+
Flag
I couldn't help but LOL when I saw who was winning for outstanding actress and outstanding drama. for a minute there I thought it was the teen choice awards or something. greys anatomy REALLY what is the demographics of this website
Flag
For one I saw Arizona's plot on House, the plane crash on Lost, the new interns spin on Scrubs and no original plot that I could actually pin on Grey's Anatomy.
Flag
Take several seats please. That is still one of the best shows on TV today. Just because you never watched it or you gave up on it doesn't make it unworthy of recognition.
Flag
BONES, DAVID BOREANAZ...
Flag
Are you kidding me you're "nominating" Nina Dobrev, one of the most insipidus actress on TV? And you also "nominated" Nathan Fillion in the drama actor category, but not his counterpart Stana Katic for drama actress? Stana carries "Castle" on her back in every. single. episode.
Flag
Nina Dobrev is a great and SUPER talented actress and everyone who watches vampire diaries knows it. She does an amazing job portraying two totally opposite characters and makes them both incredibly believable. I think that she really does deserve this Emmy nomination and hopefully wins the drama actress category all together.
Flag
Listen, Nina Dobrev is easily top 5 most talented actress in this generation. Just because she is on a channel that is for teenagers, doesn't mean that she is not an amazing, Emmy-worthy actress. She even won POTW for her work in episode 4x16. I DARE you to go watch that episode, and tell me her performance doesn't absolutely FLOOR you. On this show, Nina not only plays two completely different MAIN characters, but in this season had to portray such intense emotion and then completely flip it around multiple times. She's done work that's probably better then 9 out of 10 of the most critically-acclaimed actresses this season. The reason she's on top of the viewer poll to win Lead Actress isn't because of fangirls, it's because she's a true talent.
Flag
POTW yeah cause that's such a high standard award that nobody knows about right and please tell me how not being able to choose which "bad boy" you like is portraying intense emotions. I like TVD its very entertaining but nothing in it is groundbreaking.
Flag
Umm, I never claimed it was an extemely high award but it's at least some recognition, and if you watch the episode she was best in, (4x15), you'd see her insane performance had nothing to do with the silly love triangle. Either way, she's excellent.
Flag
Are YOU kidding me? Clearly you haven't seen Nina Dobrev's performance this season on The Vampire Diaries. I can guarantee that the things she did trumps most other actresses on TV this year. Please don't say stupid things if you don't know what you're talking about. Also, your use of the word 'insipidus' makes no sense in this context.
Flag
As much as I love TVD it needs to stick to people choice awards and teen choice awards.
Flag
Tatiana Maslany deserves an Emmy for her work in Orphan Black.
Flag
I think Walter Goggins is a phenomenal actor, recently started watching Justified and I think he is fantastic in it. Of course there was his run as Shane during The Shield too, I think he is very underrated.

As for the rest of the categories, it looks all routine. I would like to see Mads Mikkelsen to be thrown into the list to mix it up a bit. I haven't seen Hannibal but I hear he puts in a very convincing and creepy performance.
Flag
I do NOT think Vampire Diaries should not be nominated, that's like nominating Twilight for an Oscar. Hannibal is a great show, and it's not just us fangirls that think so. Caroline, Mads and Hugh all deserve awards for their performances; they were all absolutely brilliant. But I also think Vera Farmiga's acting in Bates Motel is way too overlooked, she was captivating and incredibly convincing as Norma Bates; which was a fabulous show, one of my favourites. Tatiana Maslany is also a great actress, she plays several different characters on the same show in multiple frames, it was very, very convincing and great. But no, Nina Dobrev shouldn't be winning for her role as Elena, in my humble opinion.
Flag
Listen, Nina Dobrev is easily top 5 most talented actress in this generation. Just because she is on a channel that is for teenagers, doesn't mean that she is not an amazing, Emmy-worthy actress. She even won POTW for her work in episode 4x16. In that episode she completely transformed from a person who felt an overbearing sense of emotion to feeling nothing at all in an instant. On this show, Nina not only plays two completely different MAIN characters, but in this season had to portray such intense emotion and then completely flip it around multiple times. She's done work that's probably better then 9 out of 10 of the most critically-acclaimed actresses this season. The reason she's on top of the viewer poll to win Lead Actress is because she's a true talent.
Flag
Umm... I don't follow nearly enough shows to tell who should win BUT I feel like putting Emilia Clarke in the "Most deserving" of Best Supporting actress is a bit.... Weird. I feel like Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley, Rose Leslie, Sophie Turner (writing for Sansa was... less than good this season), Maisie Williams and Natalie Dormer would all be more deserving of the nomination than Clarke. And then there are the other shows with even better actresses that are even more deserving.

And this is just my opinion. I feel like people "like"/vote Clarke's acting because her acting is brought to the screen with dragons and quotes that empower women. The most overrated character in Game of Thrones... ever.... In my opinion. And if she gets nominated, or God forbid, wins... Most overrated actress in Game of Thrones.
Flag
btw - it's pointless to post polls, the hannibal fangirls just get ahold of them and powervote a thousand times each. not at all a real representation.
Flag
No fangirls powervoting in the Lead Actress category? Lets not just single out Hannibal ;)
Flag
....WOW. i hadn't really looked at lead actress. yeah, nina dobrev definitely deserves it over kerry washington or tatiana maslany... whoops, my eyes just fell clean out of my head rolling them like that.
Flag
couldn't agree more on kim coates. i'll be disappointed if peter dinklage and his atrocious accent is nominated over coster-waldau.
Flag
I do so wish people would cease their casting of their vote in accordance to a preferred character rather than to the level in quality of the acting from his or her choice of presumed in opinion suitable and eligible actor or actress for either consideration or the overall reign in Master.
Flag
Why isn't Chandra Wilson on the list for Best Supporting Actress in Grey's Anatomy. She so deserves an Emmy. Bailey is so VITAL to Grey's and her monologues steal the scene. CHANDRA WILSON DESERVES AN EMMY.
Flag
Tatiana Maslany, definitely.
And for Supporting Actor, why isn't François Arnaud nominated for "The Borgias"? Seriously, he was amazing all the way through, and specially this season. Plus, "The Borgias" should definitely be nominated for Outstanding Drama Series. How would it not be and other shows like "Once Upon A Time" and "Arrow" be so? This world is going mad.
Flag
Tatiana Maslany simply because she played like I don´t know seven different charakters at once and every single one was great and felt like a whole new person played by a different actress. Orphan Black is definitely the best new series in 2013 and Tatiana Maslany is with no doubt one of the best new actress.
Flag
Here's who I think should win each category:
Best supp. Actor: Jonathan Banks for Breaking Bad
Best supp. Actress: Emila Clarke for Game Of Thrones
Best Actor: Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad
Best Actress: Vera Farmiga for Bates Motel
Best Drama Series: Breaking Bad
Flag
Really liked Tatiana Maslany. Someone that I believe is a great actress but the show does not get enough buzz is Rachel Nichols on Continuum.
Flag
"The likely final picks: Smith, Gunn, Baranski, Hendricks, Potter and Panjabi." Instead of Gunn and Baranski there should be Hayden Panettiere and Morena Baccarin in this category.
Flag
The actress who played Catelyn Stark should be nominated for her amazing performance at the Red Wedding
Flag
and Lana Parilla should be the best leading actress
Flag
Really who voted for Ginnifer Goodwin from OUAT... she is beautiful and that is negotiable, but she is a horrible, horrible actress! No offense.
But I am asking myself the same, why hannibal? it is good, but not that good, like POI oder Dexter or Breaking bad

Best supporting actor : Mads Mikkelsen (hannibal)
Best supporting actress : jennifer carpenter (dexter)
Best actress: Tatiana Maslany (Orphan black)
Best actor: Bryan Cranston (Breaking bad)
Best drama: Dexter
Flag
It is really time MAD man do not even get nominated. The show is getting worse. I doubt Hannibal will even get nominated as probably will seem too gruesome for voters. The voters really need to see The Americans and Rectify. How can anyone who have seen this 2 shows not at least nominating them?
Flag
I can't get over how low down Maggie Smith is. I know people get tired of it when the same person constantly wins but she deserves it.
I ALSO WISH THAT THE SAME PERSON WOULD STOP VOTING FOR HANNIBAL, HANNIBAL, HANNIBAL. IT COMPLETELY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE!!!!!!!
Flag
Can't believe DALLAS doesn't have more actors/actresses on the list, or even the series itself. Very fitting - and also 30 years late - if Larry Hagman gets a posthumous nomination - and WINS!
Flag
you have got to be kidding me where the Heck is David Boreanaz?
Flag
Hannibal ought to get several acting and technical Emmy noms along with a Best Drama nom. Hands down the best new drama on TV.
Flag
I just want to say that Lana Parrilla should've been on the Best Actress list and not on the supported list.
Flag
Lead or Supporting, Lana Parrilla deserves a nomination, period.
Flag
No. She submitted in the Best Supporting category
Flag
I'm shocked that Jeff Perry(Cyrus) from Scandal isn't on this list. No offense to Tony Goodwyn, but Jeff Perry is hands down the best actor on that show. He's so intense that's every time I watch him on screen, I keep waiting for him to suffer a stroke in real life!
Flag
I agree with you he should be nominated but Tony Goldwyn too .. they don't have the same way of acting .. and screaming every second doesn't make for a good actor .. that's the caractere he plays .. Fitz is calm but has those face expressions which make him a believable caractere .. so they both deserve it ;-)
Flag
Agreed. :) Tony says it all with his face, Jeff says it all with everything. lol
Flag
I would really love if Emmy Rossum and Tatiana Maslany and either one of them will win. Emmy's name is literally Emmy how can they consistently forget her???????? and also she's 3 years long overdue. Its a crime not to nominate Tatiana. If this was the Oscars, Tatiana would be a shoe-in bc the Academy LOVES unknowns who brings up a great performance out of nowhere.
Flag
I know Tony Goldwyn won't be nominated but really he is one hell of an actorr, his role as the president of the united states on Scandal is really well acted .. he really deserves a nomination.
Also Tatiana Maslany NEEDS to win the emmy .. there's no competion with the others .. she's hands down THE BEST.
Flag
Got, Breaking Bad, Sons, POI, The Americans have been excellent and deserve many wins, NO MORE MAD MEN JEEZ!
Flag
by that I mean they should do some rotation at times, give the award for good shows and good craft, not just the popular ones that im sure a lot of these award shows vote for without even watching! . im sure it was fine this season, but POi was superb this season and imo G0T and Breaking Bad should do well as they are classics.
Flag
I hope you guys fix this code.

The site is not displaying with consistency.

Line breaks appear and disappear.

Obviously, I am breaking this up just to check the line breaks...
Flag
They have also broken the notification feature. It's pretty hard to figure out what the notification I got is about.
Flag
Oh I dream of the day Hannibal will be recognized at the Emmy's. But the awards nominations are literally a joke, and I joined the disenfranchised laypeople in the corner years ago.
Flag
Who cares. The fact that John Noble never even got nominated for Fringe shows what a joke awards are.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Wow, it hasn't? I didn't even realize that. It's definitely the best show over the last several years. But if it didn't win before, it probably won't now. Season 5a was shorter and a bit less awesome than the previous seasons, and Homeland and Game of Thrones both had very strong seasons this year.
Flag
Margo Martindale in The Americans was amazing! Same goes for Jordan Gavaris in Orphan Black.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members