Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

The Emmys are right around the corner, which means it's time to talk at length about the Emmys. Each weekday from now until the telecast on September 22, we'll be bringing you our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday, we weighed in on the Leading Actress in a Comedy nominees, and today we'll be discussing their male counterparts.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY

THE NOMINEES: Alec Baldwin (30 Rock), Jason Bateman (Arrested Development), Louis C.K. (Louie), Don Cheadle (House of Lies), Matt LeBlanc (Episodes), Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)

RECENT WINNERS: Jon Cryer somehow took home the Emmy for Two and a Half Men in 2012 (even HE was surprised!), while Jim Parsons won in both 2010 and 2011.

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: I'm over Alec Baldwin. I'm over Jim Parsons (at least the winning-the-Emmy part of Jim Parsons). And because Jake Johnson was somehow not nominated for his stellar work in New Girl's second season (WTF, guys?), I'm going to go with Louis C.K. for obvious reasons.

TIM: I'd like to see C.K. get an Emmy, but he deserves it more for writing, directing, and editing than he does for acting. However, even though he's better at those other jobs, not only is he worthy of an Emmy nomination, he deserves this thing.

JEN: Like Kaitlin, I'm still smarting from the diss of New Girl's Jake Johnson in this category. And I'm admittedly having a tough time separating performances from material—there are definitely a few instances here where the actor did a fine job with only so-so stuff. I'm tempted to give it to Louis C.K., but like Tim said, he deserves the honor more in other categories. So I'll choose Alec Baldwin—his IRL crazyness be damned—for the final season of 30 Rock. (Also, shit, I still need to catch up on Episodes Season 2.)

PREVIOUSLY:

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Comedy?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/25/2014

Season 66 : Episode 1

40 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior Pittsburgh Qualifying
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    The Bachelorette