Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning August 25th, 2014)

The Emmys are right around the corner, which means it's time to talk at length about the Emmys. Each weekday from now until the telecast on September 22, we'll be bringing you our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday we discussed dramatic leading ladies, and today it's the headlining guys' turn.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA 

THE NOMINEES: Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Jeff Daniels (The Newsroom), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Damian Lewis (Homeland), Kevin Spacey (House of Cards)

RECENT WINNERS: Damian Lewis for Homeland in 2012, Kyle Chandler for Friday Night Lights in 2011, Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad in 2010 (and 2009, and 2008... dang, Mr. White!)

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: Last year, Damian Lewis's big win was a welcome surprise, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who thought it was a mistake; he turned in outstanding work in Homeland Season 1. That being said: We're all in agreement that Season 2 was not on the same level, right? So this year, I want to see this award go back to Bryan Cranston. It's science. (P.S. I'm really sorry, Jon Hamm.)

TIM: All these nominees are kinda, "Fine, I wouldn't be upset if they won." But no one is like "HELL YEAH MY BOYYYY!" The first half of Breaking Bad's fifth season was the series' worst, but Cranston still showed he had room to take Walter White to a new place. Yes, he's been better in other seasons, but he's still ahead of the rest of this field.

JEN: I find Damian Lewis's performance as Nicholas Brody pretty transfixing. But he's up against some tough competition here. Kevin Spacey's the man. Jeff Daniels can be pretty transfixing himself. And I so want to see Jon Hamm win one of these. But I can't not give this to Cranston. And in the meantime, I'll just cross my fingers that Mad Men's stupid two-year final season leads to a Hamm-filled 2015, 'cause next year's race already belongs to Heisenberg.

thekaitling:list:emmys-2013-who-should-win-for-lead-actress-in-a-drama/

PREVIOUSLY:

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Drama?

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Which Show Should Win for Best Comedy Series?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/22/2013

Season 65 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/25/2014

Season 66 : Episode 1

63 Comments
Follow this Show
Members