Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

The Emmys are right around the corner, which means it's time to talk at length about the Emmys. Each weekday from now until the telecast on September 22, we'll be bringing you our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday we spread the love around the Supporting Actor category, and today we're moving on to leading ladies! 

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA 

THE NOMINEES: Connie Britton (Nashville), Claire Danes (Homeland), Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey), Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel), Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men), Kerry Washington (Scandal), Robin Wright (House of Cards)

RECENT WINNERS: Claire Danes took home the award in 2012, while Julianna Margulies won for The Good Wife in 2011, and The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick won in 2010.

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: Seven nominees and not one of them is Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany? For shame! And now that I've got that over with, it's... time for my next rant. As much as it pains me to say this: Connie Britton, girl, what are you even doing here? Nashville is not your best work. Anyway, I really want Elisabeth Moss to get the love she deserves, but this isn't her year (and I'm fairly certain she's a lock for Lead Actress in a Miniseries for Top of the Lake, anyhow). I have eyes and I'm smart enough to know not to vote against the power of Claire Danes.

TIM: There's no standout here like there was in 2012. Danes had her so-called moments in Homeland's second season, but let's honor some fresh blood and hand some shiny things to Vera Farmiga for keeping it creepy all season long.

JEN: I'm inclined to give it to Kerry Washington or Vera Farmiga simply because I'm glad the Emmy voters shook things up a bit by including them. Robin Wright was good, too. But it has to be Elizabeth Moss for me. She's so good on Mad Men and she just don't get no respect. Hmmm, or maybe I should give it to Washington or Farmiga now that Moss has TWO more chances to win. Nah, I'm sticking with Moss. Boss Peggy rules. 

thekaitling:list:emmys-2013-who-should-win-for-lead-actress-in-a-drama/

PREVIOUSLY:

Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Drama?

– Emmys 2013: Which Show Should Win for Best Comedy Series?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Lead Actress in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

– Emmys 2013: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/25/2014

Season 66 : Episode 1

55 Comments
Follow this Show
Members