Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS (Returning August 25th, 2014)

The Emmys are right around the corner, which means it's time to talk at length about the Emmys. Each weekday from now until the telecast on September 22, we'll be bringing you our highly sought-after, well-respected, and very prolific thoughts and opinions on who we think SHOULD win each award. Yesterday we told you who we think should win the Emmy for Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Today we're bringing you our picks for Supporting Actor in a Comedy.

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY

THE NOMINEES: Ty Burrell (Modern Family), Adam Driver (Girls), Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family), Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live), Tony Hale (Veep), Ed O'Neill (Modern Family)

RECENT WINNERS: The only Modern Family man who's not nominated this year, Eric Stonestreet, took home the award in both 2012 and 2010. Ty Burrell won in 2011.

TV.COM EDITORS' PICKS

KAITLIN: Sigh. This category! Can I just erase it and start from scratch? I've got to give props to Girls' Adam Driver for sneaking into a race that's been dominated by Modern Family for years, but nothing would make me happier than to see Tony Hale win for Veep.

TIM: Who cares if he's just Buster Bluth in the White House? Hale's Gary showed major growth in Veep's second season with the addition of a girlfriend and a sweet handbag. And while his talked-about greatest hits come from scenes that center on him, his under-appreciated genius manifests in his hilarious background work. The man takes hand-acting to a whole new level.

JEN: I refuse to vote Modern Family anything (I still watch and enjoy that show, and the performances are still solid, but they're not the best). With that said, Bill Hader, Adam Driver, and Hale are all worthy candidates, and Hale is the easy winner in my book.

thekaitling:list:emmys-2013-who-should-win-for-supporting-actor-in-a-comedy/

The 2013 Emmys will air Sunday, September 22 on CBS.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/22/2013

Season 65 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 8/25/2014

Season 66 : Episode 1

49 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Bad Teacher Nix the Fat Week
    NEW