Sunday 8:00 PM on CBS

Seth Meyers used to be some guy who did sorta-fake news once a week on a late-night Saturday show. But look at him now! He's the host of his own late-night talk show right behind Jimmy Fallon, and today NBC named him the host of the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards.

The Emmys won't be Meyers' first time hosting an awards show. He helmed back-to-back ESPY Awards—ESPN's trophies for jocks—in 2010 and 2011. 

Meyers follows Neil Patrick Harris, who hosted the Emmys for CBS last year, and prior to that it was Jimmy Kimmel (2012), Jane Lynch (2011), Jimmy Fallon (2010), Neil Patrick Harris (again; 2009), and the travesty that was all those reality show hosts sharing the responsibility (2008). 

The 2014 Emmys will be broadcast on Monday, August 25 at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific on NBC. 

How do you think Meyers will do as a host?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/20/2015

Season 67 : Episode 1

30 Comments
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
SO much negativity. It is the internet after all. The host has very little responsibility for the Emmys, all he really needs is a good monologue. And guess what, that's his biggest strength if you've seen him host the ESPYs. He also contributed to Tina and Amy's Golden Globes material.
Flag
Did the Emmys lose a bet or something?
Flag
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler should host everything
Flag
Badly, he's going to do badly. But there's enough money behind him that he won't fail, it won't be James Franco at the Oscars level. He'll be awkward and loud and a little clumsy and mean. The biggest issue will be a low energy level and little response from the room.
Flag
Really?? You're going to host the Emmys? Really??

Flag
Carl from Aqua Teen would be a much better choice.
Flag
I like this guy, Weekend Update was my favourite until he left then I started watching his show from the beginning, it was bumpy at first, but it's getting better and better.

He's a far better interviewer than Conan or Fallon, his monologues are the same level as Fallon's and Conan has better Skits, mainly because of his remotes, game reviews and Andy Richter.

Overall i like his show the most, because I watch these shows for the interviews. We don't have Fallon's over the top persona or Conan's awkward "I-don't-know what-I'm-talking-about-so-I-look-down-and-read-slowly-from-my-cards" situations.
Flag
Meh.
Flag
NPH is a pretty hard act to follow. But hey, it can't be worse than Seth MacFarlane's Oscars...!
Flag
Tell that to James Franco and Anne Hathaway.
Flag
I think he'll be great. But it's gonna be hard following NPH. NPH is like a god when it comes to hosting awards shows.
Flag
Ehh...
Flag
he was very good hosting the ESPYs. I think he'll do great.
Flag
The ESPYs are very bro-tastic and loud, that's Seth Meyers in a nutshell (except Meyers is not athletic or manly).
Flag
but you also have to be willing to make fun of the celebrities in the audience, which will translate to the Emmys

Flag
I'm not a fan, he's just one of those comedic actors that has such an arrogance about him which makes his humour difficult for me to enjoy.
Flag
Good for him but he's still the worst late night host ever...the worst...ever!
Flag
Great choice! He has hosting experience and has proven himself as a writer. He even helped Tina Fey and Amy Poehler write their Golden Globe material.
Flag
Where's the Parks and Rec season finale talkback? It must have been so amazing that you all were knocked into comas and can't get to your computers to update in your unconscious state. Right?

If I don't see it by tomorrow morning, I'm declaring THIS the talkback. I would try to declare it NOW, but as we just saw from that last minute of P&R, it's a bad idea to prematurely assume you're not getting something.

Also, I just realized NBC blew its entire Thursday sitcom load before May Sweeps even started. No Community, no Parks, not even any crappy Seal Saves The World leftovers. They.....have some kind of backup plan, right?
Flag
Seal Saves the World - does this involve Heidi Klum?
Flag
They have the iHeartRadio Music Awards, American Comedy Awards, Rosemary's Baby all occupying thursdays in May.
Flag
A bunch of SNL specials like last night's? Who knows, when does NBC ever have a plan?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members