The Primetime Emmy Awards Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSSpecial

American Idol was robbed!

staridol822

[1]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    For the last few weeks, I knew that with the strength of this past season, American Idol would finally get the accolade it deserved and walk away with the Emmy for Outstanding Reality-Competition series...only to see it stolen away YET AGAIN by Amazing Race.

Man, what were those judges THINKING???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Minarvia

[2]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 39
    I think the judges want a Reality Show that makes people feel good about watching it, they don't want a show host that dosen't get to much invloved with the players, and the put downs aren't to harsh.

tabbikattster

[3]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 16
    Minarvia wrote:
    I think the judges want a Reality Show that makes people feel good about watching it, they don't want a show host that dosen't get to much invloved with the players, and the put downs aren't to harsh.

I guess that you have a point but I was still surprised that it didn't win.

gammy01

[4]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 1

I think it was a huge mistake to vote off sundance. these teenagers that are doing the voting do not know what they are doing, maybe they just thought he wasn't cute enough. there should be a plan that the actual judges have the defining vote. It doesn't seem fair that someone with that good of a voice be voted off and someone cuter with a nice but very weak voice be kept. 

Also the guy (can't remember his name) he sounds like Marvin Gaye, was a really good singer too and shouldn't have been voted off.     

RTTV989

[5]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yeah for Amazing Race, American Idol sucks now. Personal opinion.

mrsbell05

[6]Nov 13, 2008
    check this out: http://celebrityeventsgroup.com/idol.html Idol Mania live!!!

mrsbell05

[7]Nov 20, 2008
    I love both shows, but here's the difference....AI - you have to have actual natural born talent; you have to be able to sing, right? okay, so amazing race, i love to watch, because you get to see all those different countries, they do things "normal" people don't get to do every day, or any day. anyone can do the amazing race, at least try, you know? ai is so much harder, way more difficult to win, obviously. i just think the amazing race is a little bit more broad in it's fan base, nobody's getting famous, they're just competing, competition like that is more fulfilling to regular people. ai, is more entertainment - it's more geared to a younger audience too. that's JMO. i love ai though, i'm going to a concert Idol Mania Live; check it out: http://celebrityeventsgroup.com/idol.html

Water78

[8]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 47
    I dont think AI deserves to win an emmy, but it probably will by the time it ends