The Primetime Emmy Awards Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSSpecial

Censorship!?!

supercin721

[1]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 30
    This may have been the best emmy's in a long time. There were many moments of hilarity. However, what the frig was up with the censorship. They cut out part of Romano's monologue because he was joking about his tv wife! They cut out Sally Field!!! (which is bad enough) but they cut out her antiwar message. At least they didn't catch Heigl in time to cut out her mouthed "s**t."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Minarvia

[2]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 39
    Yeah, I know a couple of years ago they allowed Micheal Moore's antiwar statement. Anyway do you know what she said that caused her to cut off. I thought that this was a free country and you said anything that you want on a public forum.

supercin721

[3]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 30

Well, they cut off Ray Romano because he was going to talk about his tv wife and him having sex and their two tv children...something like that. They say they cut off Field because she said godd**m war. They claim it was her swearing but I have to wonder. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it just seems odd that d**m would do it. I think it might have been the anti war sentiment but, had they allowed it, they would have found it to be more of the same. Supporting our troops...bringing them home...