The Primetime Emmy Awards Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on CBSSpecial

Most Memorable TV Moment

mackymacaspac

[1]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 78
    For this year's Emmys, ABC is running a poll on your most memorable TV moment of all-time! Read the articles here and here. Or if you're not too much into reading and want to go straight to voting, head on to the ABC polling site here.

So what's your most memorable TV moment of all-time?

Mine's not on the ABC Emmys list -- it's got to be the last 5-8 minutes of the series Six Feet Under when Claire left home driving to New York with the song "Breathe Me" (by Sia) playing on the background. If you've seen the series and you saw that final sequence, you'll know why!
    Edited on 08/22/2008 4:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 54
    I'll check out the official poll later, when I'm home from work.

One that was very memorable for me was when Gary died on Thirtysomething. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach.

Hoeech

[3]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 66
    I was torn when it came to voting for Most Memorable Comedy Moment. I wanted to vote for M*A*S*H's "Henry Blake's plane was shot down" (which I did), Mary Tyler Moore's "Chuckles Funeral" and Newhart's "What a weird dream" scenes. What I found a bit ironic is that the most memorable moment in a comedy (for me, anyways) was possibly the most dramatic and tear-jerking moment of the entire 11 seasons of M*A*S*H.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw "City on the Edge of Forever" as a most memorable moment in a drama. I had that scene in mind when I turned to that page and I was certain it would have been snubbed.