The Primetime Emmy Awards

The 59th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 16, 2007 on CBS

7.3
  • the 59th annual emmys were broadcast sunday 16 september to give awards and recognize actors, directors, writers and producers of the previous year's prime time television shows

3.8
    to begin with, the red carpet broadcast was cut in half by a late football game. the gay community is probably going nuts over this! fox shouldn't be allowed to air this awards program late. what if the game was over an hour late? i think that the people waiting in california for the show to begin would be really ticked! i hope that the people in charge make sure that that is written into the contract in future years. this was an unforgiveable oversight considering that everybody knew that there would be a conflict. the opening number with brian and stewey griffin was well written and funny, but they should have done a computer animated version or at the very least animate it at twice as many frames per second to make it blend in better with the live background. the jokes by the recipients of the awards early on kept the show entertaining, but the decision to edit out political comments and swear words was ill-conceived. i hated missing parts of the show to look at the back of a disco ball. they should just give the show an "R" rating and be done with it. do little kids watch this briadcast anyways? as always, the awards were loaded on the side of the most popular, completely neglecting many good shows on the air. c'mon! the sopranos? that show stinks and had a crappy finale. it's only popular because of it's originality - and apparently because people want to hear swearing and see murders by stereotyped italian-americans. and although i'm sure that america ferrara is a fine actress, her show is too campy and unrealistic. how do these shows even get on the air, much less win awards? is the gay mafia deciding everything in hollywood? acting awards are really based on the good writing. writing awards are based upon the concept of the show. comedies, the hardest shows to do, are grouped in with musicals. does anybody really deserve the award they get?
  • Has to be the one of the worst telecast of the Primetime Emmys that I have seen ever.

3.9
    The 59th telecast of the Primetime Emmys has to be the one of the worst that I have ever seen in a long time. Why? Because Ryan Seacrest seemed to out place with this aunnal event and all of his jokes seemed to be either forced nor they were funny unlike last year's telecast that was on NBC. Now, I don't blame Seacrest for the bad jokes, because he didn't write the jokes, but at least he could of dilevered them a little better.

Another thing was the fact that it was on FOX and this was the first time that they aired something like this with so much weight toward it, but FOX is no stranger to live events, because they have done numberous of Football, Baseball, and Hockey events. But, FOX has a theme of series that seem to be geared toward the hip crowd of viewership and while that is great for FOX he doesn't translate well with the Emmys, that have been around longer than FOX. One more thing that I didn't like was the mention of Global Warrming in this telecast, while I know that is a hot topic issue of late, but I kind of sick of hearding it all of time(I think a good majority of the user as well are sick of it as well) and whenever something is going on with the climate they blame it on Global Warming. It like now Global Warming is now the new scapegoat.

While I do comment them for using old materal for the set, but not because of the new "Go Green" fad, but because it would save them on money. But I didn't like the set design either it seemed a little werid and I felt that some of the crowd that was facing the wrong direction wouldn't be able to see the winner nor the presteners and it seemed that some of the winners didn't like the set design either.
  • For Ones That I Cared About - 3 Wins, 5 Losses

Wins

Terry O' Quinn - Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Jeremy Piven - Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

The Amazing Race - Best Reality Program

Losses

Heroes/House loses to The Sopranos - Best Drama

Entourage loses to 30 Rock - Best Comedy

Hugh Laurie/Keifer Sutherland stunned by James Spader - Lead actor in a drama series

Lost Writing + Directing snubbed by the Sopranos

The wins were well desevred, Lost Writing not winning and having the worst episode in Soproanos history win was insane. I could have handled the other two episodes taking it, but the worts episode of all time? Not for me.

Some of the performances were really funny and some of them really werent. I still think there is way too much in this show, 3 hours is a long time. All those mini-seires / movie things shouldnt be on the list. Overall, not the best Ive ever seen but it had its moments that I enjoyed.