The Prince Of Tennis Forums

Saturday 10:00 PM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Can anyone in real life play tennis like Eiji?

DuoMaxwell007

[1]May 31, 2007
    • level: 12
    the harlem globetrotters do tricks and slight acrobatics as they play basketball so someone playing like eiji doesnt sound impossible? know of anyone irl that can do it? seeing someone return the ball behind his back or head or flipping to get the ball would be cool.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DeagleMerc

[2]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    Now playing like Eiji, possible.. Playing like Mukahi from Hyotei.. not possible.

DuoMaxwell007

[3]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 12
    which one was Mukahi? As for playing like Eiji being possible.. hell Id pay to see that in real life lol

tennislizzy

[4]Jun 30, 2007
    Don't you play tennis? Since you watch The Prince Of Tennis i think you should start to learn how to play tennis a little. You might get to like it and yea my cousin can play like Eiji she can do back flips and she is real flexible she plays tennis and she does Gymnastics too.I can play tennis too but not as good as her yet.

jasminech

[5]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 6
    Mukahi is from Hyotei, the one with the "Moon Salute".

Anyway, some of Eiji's less extreme moves are definitely used - ball between legs, twisting your arm to hit the ball from behind your back. I don't personally do them - but my coach does. As for flipping... not quite sure how realistic it is. You'd need an extremely high ability to see moving objects while moving (which Eiji has) and great concentration. However, I'm not sure how high any of these qualities can be in a real person.

gotpho

[6]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 4

Probably the only person that comes close to play like Eiji is Fabrice Santoro. He can't do flips but he's very athletic and is known as the "Magician." Eiji also becomes way to unreal when he mirror himself in the ovas, that was plain crazy.

paoros16

[7]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    All I have to say is that if the pros played like anyone in PoT I would watch tennis on TV

earthquake17

[8]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    eiji is probably the only one that is realistic besides Kawamura that is any good. Besides the fact that for some reason everyone can jump 15 feet in the air.

earthquake17

[9]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    not realistic but possible sorry

EmoHaruno

[10]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    As everyone else stated (lol), putting your racket inbetween your legs, etc, are the more realistic moves that Eiji has. I personally have never met, nor seen, anyone who does flips or anything that extreme playing tennis.

gotpho

[11]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 4

Well that is until you reach the semi-finals of the Championships and see Eiji play singles. His new techniques were ridiclious and even more ridicilous than Tezuka's forehand in the POT movie.

BenikiC

[12]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    Probably a lot of people on our high school tennis team and our coach. Probably me too, I'm not as good as Eiji but i'm on Varsity, and i'm a freshman. As for acrobatics, i don't think that any of us can do that.

caruabc2

[13]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think that Eiji is possible to play like, Kaidoh? No way in hell someone can actually bend a ball lol, xD but Eiji you just need to be ver flexible, yet I don't think someone could actually do stuff as he does or they would get hurt badly or get tired way too soon xD.

*has been playing tennis since watched pot* hehe

angryjoe432

[14]Apr 29, 2009

I'm not sure if you can play like eiji but it is possible to play like Kaidoh.

Im not sure if you will believe me or not, but I have hit a perfet snake shot only once.

I was practicing with a friend and he hit a verynice shot. I barely reached it and I just sorta swung my right arm(i'm right handed) with a one handed backhand and i hit it up and the ball curved out and then inward and landed inside the court. I know its hard to believe but it was a once in a lifetime shot.

Heres my theory as to how I hit it. The ball landed on my racket face, which was tilted downwar and at an angle. The ball slid down the face and hit the frame right when I swun. This created a super spin that allowed to curve back.

Anybody have any idea?

MartaSPJ

[15]Aug 19, 2009
    My cousin plays like Eiji and his twin brother plays like Ryoma.. they can learn any move just from watching it a few times, they are fast and have a hell of an endurance, their father owns a gym that suports sport in the area so since they were babies that they hang out there, i envy those kids ( they are 14 years old) they excell at everything they do, they even have genius IQ having 184 iq each --'

So i kind of really think that is possible