The Prince Of Tennis

Saturday 10:00 PM on Cartoon Network Premiered Oct 10, 2001 Between Seasons

The Prince Of Tennis Fan Reviews (55)

• Ryoma,sasuke,tezuka,inue,kaido.

What can i say?..i just loved playing tennis,so when first time i saw it on tv here in MALAYSIA,..i decide to buying the PRINCE OF TENNIS DVD,s..thangs to them! Now i know the rolls of how to playing tennis..hahahaha..cool n funny!!.mada mada dane!!!!!...
  • I liked the show a lot. Even if you are not the biggest fan or not a fan of tennis at all, chances are you would like the show. The show is not about tennis, it is about a kid who plays tennis really greatly in a tennis club with great members and how eve

Even if you are not the biggest fan or not a fan of tennis at all, chances are you would like the show. The show is not about tennis, it is about a kid who plays tennis really greatly in a tennis club with great members and how everyone interacts with each other and the situations around them. The characters also have alot of things to overcome in every episode.

• A great show for Tennis fans!

I must admit, I don't really enjoy sport anime, probably because of my own lousy athletic ability.

However, Prince of Tennis did catch my attention for a little while; not enough to keep my attention for the rest of the series, seeing as I never managed to complete the anime, but I did enjoy what I did see.

I know next to nothing about Tennis, so I guess I can't say much about the Tennis aspect of the show or how accurate it is. I can, however, talk about the characters. Ryoma Echizen is really the main character. And I must say, for a kid, he was pretty cool. While Sakuno annoyed me, she was a good character either way.

I suppose if you're a tennis fan, you might really like this show. It wasn't one for me though.

• Stop For the love of everyone my eyes PLEASE!!!!!! NO More NO More NO More

1.1
    Tennis show Stop!!! prince of stick up the A## stupid little brat. Look at me I play tennis with super powers Out of all the sports tennis is the worst and the animation
    is something to be undesired those eyes suck if you watch this show you would think he plays tennis to save the world or something it's soooo exagerated then he has a catch phrase you got long way's to go slap punch kick stomp and much more you stuck up idiot.Stop For the love of everyone my eyes PLEASE!!!!!!
    NO More NO More NO More
  • Just too awesome for it's own good. SERIOUSLY. Prince of Tennis is one of the best sports anime out there.(I haven't seen many, but out of the ones i've seen, it's awesome.)

This show is just-just AWESOME! It really has a good message to it: "Follow your dreams" and "You can do anything you set your mind to." People have to get away from the fact that it's a TENNIS ANIME and try actually WATCHING the show. If you do, i'm almost garunteed that you'll get hooked on it.(My mom did!)Just because it's tennis doesn't mean that it will be boring. I guess it gives you good knowlodge about tennis too. Actually, i used to HATE tennis until I saw it. Now I've been watching the Tennis chanel on my t.v all the time! It has it's funny moments, your emotional moments, and total ownage moments. It doesn't even have any negative messages to it. That's probably what's the best. It's just a great and positive attitude-setting anime.
  • Awesome Tennis Anime!

I've never been a sports fan so when I first heard of this series, I didn't know if I'd like it or not but then I saw DVD boxsets of it at the Library so I rented them and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of like 'Naruto' and 'One Piece' since of the humor and the way the main charactor beleives in himself and does successfully with his dream. The series keeps getting more and more interesting as it goes along. I think this series is one of my favorite anime series and it's a shame that doesn't air on Cartoon Network other then Toonami Jetstream. Just like 'One Piece', Alot of the charactors are comical in different ways like Ryoma talks like a smart alick to his oponents, Kaoru and Momo get into arguments, etc. The manga is really good too since it has it's own additional stuff and so both the anime and the manga are special in their own ways. I love how the anime adds in more humor then it originally was in the manga. If you like shows like 'One Piece', 'Naruto', 'Pokemon' and such then you should give this one a chance since you might like it.
  • Ryoma Echizen is a tennis prodigy who if he keeps up his practice will easily make it as a pro. But will he ever be able to beat his dad the great retired pro?

This show is so amazing. Every episode is so interesting. The episodes that involve them playing tennis which is a lot of them always keep you interested in who is going to win the match but the random filler episodes provide comic relief. Most shows are about some underdog who starts from scratch so this show brings in a new idea of showing one of the best trying to be the absolute best in the world. The whole Seigaku team is likable. Along with other teams being likable you sometimes are lost of who to root for. This show is exceptionaly good and the best sports show I have ever seen.
  • This is a great anime. I love tennis. Then when I first heard about this, I was amazed to know that there was going to be an anime based on tennis.

I lov prince of tennis because I love tennis. I love the great characte animations. Great chracters. Sometimes I wish that I want to be the prince of tennis, but that will never happen but it might be possible if I keep on practicing. I wnat to try playing against Ryoma but I might get baggeled. This show is great. Most of my tennis friends has watched this show and are obssesed with this show. I might get the DVD set though it costs a lot of money. This is one of the greatest anime I've ever seen in my life!
  • Great sports anime, but the anime seems to be going nowhere, so you could just read the manga which is over. here's the link. http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/

A prodagy at tennis, Ryoma Echizen goes to Japan for some tough competition. He joins the seigaku tennis team. The others are also amazing, but other schools have great abilities as well and will pull out every trick to win. The whole plot is for the seigaku team to win the nationals of Japan. The action may seem unrealistic but so its cool but really impossible and i'm not sure if what they do is against the rules, but I do know that if it was possible, I'd be addicted to real life tennis. Ryoma's dad was possible the best tennis player to have ever lived Nanjiro Echizen, but quit at an early age and nobody knows why.
  • One of the most stunning sports anime ever made!

I really like this show. In my mind, this is definetely a must-see anime! This show is about Ryoma Echizen, a cool, calm tennis player who happens to be "The Prince of Tennis". Ryoma joins the Seigaku tennis team, which is the strongest tennis team throughout Japan. The Seigaku team has many exciting matches to watch. The dialog, and games will keep you hooked on the series. After I watched a few episodes, I was hooked, and never gave up on this show. Thw music in this show is solid. I like some of the music that plays during the games. There is some good humor in this show. It is really funny when Nanjiro, Ryoma's father reads swimsuit magazines. The characters in this show are awesome too. I really like all of the characters in this show, they are very cool, and have good personalites. Overall, awesome show, excellent dialog, solid music, eye popping games, lovable characters. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes tennis, and for those who just like anime.
  • The Prince of tennis, well what can i say. I only watch it because it deals with tennis. And how this boy named Ryoma is tring to extend his skills to beat his father who was the best tennis player out there. And i learn from this.

I learn a lot. This helps me improve my game. For the same reason that i am in my school tennis team. Plus i like the attitude they gave Ryoma Echizen. With girl who likes him sakuno. In which he is not interested or at least does not notice her emotions at the time. Anyways, he seems to keep to himself a lot. Very cocky attitude. He becomes a regular, the upperclassmen seem to not like it but i guess end up liking him. I t would seem that momo, is his close friend. Even though they compete a lot. Up to now this is a cool anime show to watch if you are into sports, tennis or don't care which sport it is as long as there is a ball.:)Ha. Tell me what you think please.
  • best sports anime

Twelve-year-old Ryoma Echizen is a tennis prodigy joins the Seigaku Middle School tennis team Ryoma's "twist serve," gain him a starting spot. With rigorous and extremely intense practices, the upperclassmen of the team expect the very best from themselves, and expect even more from the new members of the team.. Ryoma Echizen is The Prince of Tennis. Possibly the best sports anime ever. His tennis-playing friends include Momoshiro, Tezuka, Inui, Kaidoh, Fuji, Eiji, Oishi, Kawamura, and others that he meets on his journey to the top of the tennis world. This anime is very exciting once you get into the soryline. This is show is so cool.
  • A sports anime!!

Twelve-year-old Ryoma Echizen joins the Seishun Gakuen Middle School tennis team, known for being one of the most competitive teams in Japan. Freshmen rarely have a chance to play but Ryoma's "twist serve," gain him a starting spot. With rigorous and extremely intense practices, the upperclassmen of the team expect the very best from themselves, and expect even more from the new members of the team. Join as Ryoma and other first year players,train hard, make friends, and try to find a place for themselves on the team. Ryoma Echizen is The Prince of Tennis. He may be ready for the Seishun Gakuen tennis team, but are they ready for him. See amazing tennis as you have never seen before. If you enjoy sports there is a sure bet you will enjoy Prince of Tennis
  • Echizen Ryoma is 12 years old and is a great Tennis player. His goal is to bet his Dad who was a former pro.Ryoma hates to lose but is an execllent player and is very amazing. Ryoma only goal is to beat his dad until bigger competion comes.

I personal liked the show and found it funny. Echizen may not seem like it but he really does care deep down. I would recommend this show to people who like to watch funny shows and also likes sports like me.It was one of my favourite shows of all time besides blood+ and a few others. Ever anime you have to give a chance and the thing is I thought I would never like Pot until I started watching it and tp me I liked it more than I thought I would. Ryoma's favourite saying " Made made dane" can mean lots of things when said in english it is tollatly different than what is said in Jap.
  • Great anime about a tennis prodigy named Ryoma Echizen

Possibly the best sports anime ever. Prince of Tennis revolves around a 7th grade tennis prodigy named Ryoma Echizen. He is the son of the famous Nanjirou Echizen, who was a famous tennis player. Ryoma becomes a regular player at Seigaku tennis club in the kanto region of Japan. His tennis-playing friends include Momoshiro, Tezuka, Inui, Kaidoh, Fuji, Eiji, Oishi, Kawamura, and others that he meets on his journey to the top of the tennis world. Ryoma and his friends face many difficult opponents and go through struggles but manage to get to the national tournament. This anime is very exciting once you get into the soryline.
  • Ryoma Echizen is a tennis prodigy. In my opinion this is one of the best sports anime shows ever!

This is show is so cool. My first favorite anime show and I have only been watching it for a couple of months. I wish they would put it back on tv though. My favorite character of course is Ryoma. He has that mysterious attitude. I like every one of the Seigaku Regulars too. Ryoma Echizen has just won 4 US Junior Tournaments in a little over a year. He has the ability to adapt to a situation and can learn a new technique after seeing it a couple of times. He is so cool and soon after he comes to Japan, he becomes a Seigaku Regular. His best friend is Momoshiro 'Momo' Takeshi and he is one of my favorite characters too. I think this show will be on for a long time. Although in Japan they are already on their 2nd OVA. I think everyone who likes anime should give this show a try and see if they like it. Because I love it!
  • ryoma HOT

The manga is primarily set in Tokyo. Ryoma Echizen, a tennis prodigy, attends Seishun Gakuen (Seishun Gakuen), or Seigaku for short, a school famous for its strong tennis club and talented players. Ryoma quickly defeats numerous upperclassmen shortly after entrance to secure himself a spot on the regulars team. In pursuit of their ultimate goal of winning the all-Japan junior high tennis championship, members of the team make new friends while learning and mastering increasingly complex techniques.
  • keep up d good work.....i like it so much

keep up d good work..its a good show!!!!!!!!!i wacth it every week.........its make me accited on keep knowing what will happen next episode......... its fabulause.......but d story is to long.... wat i mean is it no so fast happening....it always make a short story o little things in to big things........to make d story longer......tis will make d story borring actually.......hope u can fix d problem.......n d tennis skill is perfect....i duno how u all can imaging it.......it is hard 2 belief all d skil...suc as kaido's boomerag.......may b it is do able but i belief tat out of number of ppl can do it in tis world......so keep up d good work........i like u all very much........
  • this is a great show. i love this show i wathc it all the time, i wathc it on tv and on toonamijetstream it is one of my top 10 favorite shows!! i tell anyone to wathc this and not love it. seriously watch it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a great show. i love this show i wathc it all the time, i wathc it on tv and on toonamijetstream it is one of my top 10 favorite shows!! i tell anyone to wathc this and not love it. seriously watch it rocks!!!!!!!!!!! this is a great show. i love this show i wathc it all the time, i wathc it on tv and on toonamijetstream it is one of my top 10 favorite shows!! i tell anyone to wathc this and not love it. seriously watch it rocks!!!!!!!!!!! this is a great show. i love this show i wathc it all the time, i wathc it on tv and on toonamijetstream it is one of my top 10 favorite shows!! i tell anyone to wathc this and not love it. seriously watch it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show is about a boy named Ryoma Echizen, a great tennis player who joins the Seigaku tennis club and makes the regulars.He becomes Seigaku's amazing freshman. They compete against other schools. He also becomes good friends with his fellow teammates

i love this anime! Ryoma and everyone on the Seigaku team are so awesome.

okay.. so the dubbed version sucks. Their voices are annoying. But watch the subbed version, they are on youtube. and are much better in my opinion. I think personally they make tennis kind of interesting to watch. I mean, i can understand if you wouldn't like the show, because they do exagerate sometimes, but i still l-o-v-e it.Plus it is suppper funny. Their special eps(like Teni prui family), make me crack up everytime. AND the music is amazing. Yeah, i just love this show.
  • Prince of Tennis is one of my favorite shows!

The prince of tennis is about a seventh grade boy who plays tennis in a school tennis club called Seigaku. Seigaku is packed full of amazingly talented tennis players but only the best are regulars. Ryoma is the main character whose in seventh grade which in the show they call freshmen. He's amazingly talented and his father was one of the best tennis players in the world and his goal is to defeat his father. Ryoma is some of the very few who became a regular in his freshmen year. The series is all about how the Seigaku regulars play their way to the Nationals and getting through all the hard times but having fun while they're at it. I love this show it is one of my personal favorites unfortunately i live in Hawaii and the series is only on episode 5 on tv. So i watch it on youtube and anyway i like the voices of the japanese characters better than the english dub. All of the characters have a different pesonality and different playing styles for tennis. At first i didn't think i'd like it because i don't really care for tennis but you don't have to like tennis to like this series. It is so funny and has a lot of tennis action that's why i give it a 10 out of 10!
  • Umm.. Well its not a bad show really

umm.... well price of Tennis is An Ok show I guess I'm not going to Lie I find it a little pointless its kinda kiddie and pointless that it makes you laugh I know me and my friends just watched it to laugh at it because it was sorta Like a Pokemon thing to me Like I said about Pokemon its not a bad show just sorta ponitless but actully I kinda find price of Tennis not as boring as Pokemon I mean its not something go out of my way to watch it but ya if its on and I'm bored its not a bad show to watch
  • Ok, looking over it again, i was a little mean. Still not a great show though.

6.6
    Ok, watching the show again, it does have it's appeal, so to say. The voices are still ****ing terrible, especially the girls. God, I've never heard so many random unnecessary screams in my life! My last score, 4.5, was a little mean as i was going threw some of my other anime shows. The main character is a bit of a punk, which I've seen a lot in these newer versions of Anime that i think appeal to those who I don't think know good anime, but that's just me. It's a change of pace from the character whose dumb, eats a lot and somehow does all these incredible things when like idk training or something. Tennis isn't that fun to watch, I gotta say. Playing it is more fun but, watching, not so much. It's not a show I'll look forward to seeing on Toonami, and personally, I wouldn't shed a tear if it was cancelled. Right now, it's an interval of half an hour for me to change the channel and come back to Toonami after it's done.
  • Prince of tennis review

Echizen Ryoma is a young tennis prodigy who has won 4 consecutive tennis championships but who constantly lies in the shadow of his father, a former pro tennis player. He joins the Seishun Gakuen junior highschool, one of the best tennis schools in Japan, and there along with his teamates he learns to find his own type of tennis in an attempt to defeat his biggest obstacle of all: his father as well as himself.
  • Tennis Rocks!@!

This show at first i thought it was going to suck like every other sports anime i have ever watched, but i gave it a chance and it figures that i actually like this show. It goes around a boy named Ryoma Echizen who is the prince of tennis because his father is supposedly the King of tennis but dropped out from tennis for unknown reasons. The one thing that i acutally hate about the show is that guy Horio. That showoff who cannot play tennis for whatso ever. But still my opinion aside this has to be the best sports anime i have ever watched. Have a nice day.
  • At first i thought it was totally dumb now i think its pretty good.......

Well to start out Ryoma Ectison is a really really good retiered i guess tennis players sopn which makes him the "prince of tennis". So he's in the seventh grade and everybody so far he's played he's won against. He does actually make it onto the top class tennis team at his school- the only seventh grader ever to do so- and he beat some of the regulars too. Well when i first saw the name of the show i thought are they so desperate so they just make some stupid show about tennis? Well i thought it was actually pretty good when i saw it. So if you like any kind of anime i suggest this for you!
  • I love Prince of Tennis!!!!

I didnt really like tennis before i watched the show but now im into it i mean all the characters are cool especially Ryoma, i like how he teaches the other tennis players lessons when they underestimate him just because he is young. i recommend this show to anyone even if you dont enjoy tennis you will probably like it a lot.
  • This show is awesome.

I love this show! You would think that a show about tennis would be somewhat boring, but it's really not. I'm up to about episode 90 in the Japanese version, and I watch the English dub every once in a while. Personally I like the Japanese version better, but what can you do? :D I definitely think that this show is great. If you haven't given it a chance because you don't like tennis, don't worry about it! Even though the show is [obviously] centered around tennis, you won't be bored. I'm not much of a tennis fan either, and I can't play it to save my life, but I really like this show! :D
  • i love prince of tennis...!

prince of tennis rocks..! i really liked the show and really enjoy tennis with them as the characters. i think that prince of tennis will surely give enterteinment to everyone who was able to watch it.At first i thougt that it would be a waste of time to watch anime that focuses on tannis,but when i started watching it, i really get addicted to it..i liked alll of the character especially ryoma,tezuka and fuji, they all give spice to the show..it really thought a lesson about life and dream,that we have to believe in our own ability to get what we want..it also gives strong impression on friendship and companionship,as well as trust,cooperation and teamwork!
  • Prince of Tennis is a ranked 10 out of 10 show in my opinion.It shows everything in a action packed way. The main character Ryoma is a hit to sporty anime.

This show has a lot of surprises. It's spectacular with a big hit. The story in every episode has it's own climax and in every climax you'll be kept guessing. It is one of the most recent anime shows, yet I hear people talking about it in school, the neighborhood, and other places. The author of this amazing show should get a best anime award.For my rank Prince of Tennis should get 5 stars. In every episode you'll get no clue on what will happen and you'll be astonished when something does happen. This show deserves 10 out of 10 whatsoever.
< 1 2