The Prisoner Forums

AMC (Mini-Series 2009)

Confused!

chayne77

[1]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 4
    I must be stupid or something. I just wanted all 6 episodes and vaguely understand what happened or what was going on. Was anyone else confused as I was?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Clemontine

[2]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 23
    You're not the only one. I just watched all 6 in one sitting, and I didnt understand much.

chayne77

[3]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    As confused as I was, The series was interesting... just wish I could of grasped some of the things happening in the show.

totalcrap23

[4]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    The sad thing was there was nothing to grasp. it appears the point of the story was a corp built a subconsious village with the wife of the founder, who wanted out and number 6 was brought there to be the replacement dreamer with this psycho chick as bait. The touches they put in to have a sort of feel like the original were just window dressing and had no point, like the story. This has nothing to do with the original prisoner and should have been called something else, the dream like states and the flashback storytelling just tried to cover up there was nothing of interest going on... Truely sad they wasted this solid cast on this fecal matter.

FeldmanSkitzoid

[5]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 10
    I had heard that the original series was extremely confusing and answered almost no questions, so I went into the new series expecting the same, and was not disappointed.

As near as I can tell, The Village is basically a collective subconscious world, created to help people with mental problems. I guess the people exist in both the real world and The Village, but most people don't know that the real world exists when they're in The Village, and vice versa. It all hinged on 2's wife somehow, and with her death in The Village, she was "fixed" in the real world...? I guess?

I really enjoyed it, but I knew what I was getting into.

tjaman

[6]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm with you, Feldman. I liked it, I think I'd need some sort of degree to _really_ get it, but experiencing it as pure stream-of-consciousness experience kept it cool and enjoyable.

Probably if I return to it in a year or so I'll see all SORTS of stuff I missed the first time through.