The Prisoner

Schizoid

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2009 on AMC

7.8
  • The final part.

Snickers slogan is: Satisfied? Well, I wasn't satisfied with this finale, and as the article on tv.com alludes to, I really hope Lost does not follow in its footsteps with a similar, philisophical finale. This show will be retained in my memory for its strong acting all around and mesmerizing special effects. I will not remember The Prisoner for telling a good story all around and giving an ending worthy of such hype, because it failed to deliver on those promises. After being vehemently excited following the first two hours of this show on Sunday, my interest and anticipation waned before declining ultimately during the final hour. I understand that this was a remake, but you can still alter the conclusion and remain true to the story at heart.

Definitely a step forward to AMC, and I look forward to some of their upcoming projects, but I was not satisfied with the ending like I would be had I consumed a Snickers candy bar.
  • 6 seems to become not only a split personality in The Village but actually two separate people all together. After this manipulation he is threatened with a slow painful death. This gambit leads to the interesting conclusion of the mini-series.

The big finale! Unfortunately even thought the idea behind this is intriguing I felt a lot ripped off. For the purposes of those who haven't seen this I won't go into that. It involves 5, 2, his wife, and their son 11-12. Also 147 and his wife. Finally 313 and some interesting reality checks at the end of the story.

To go into detail would be to really tell the story. So I will say here and now that this was probably the best of the three two-part episodes. Unfortunately that is not saying much as they are all convoluted in one way or another. Let's just say that the producers, writers, ad directors thought they were making some kind of an original statement. The truth is the actors really carried this piece from the stars to the smallest bit parts and that's what is really worth watching here. Terrific performances by a host of cast members.

Six hours to watch this piece!?! A very unsatisfying ending any way you look at it. I tend to be pretty even handed, but my recommendation is don't waste your time unless you really love these specific actors. Thanks for reading...