The Prisoner (UK) Forums

ITV (ended 1968)

Re-casting

  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [101]Mar 17, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    How about Jane Seymour as Number Two? I think Timothy Dalton would be great as well.
    Edited on 03/20/2006 12:11pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [102]Mar 25, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    I've never been able to banish the image of Tom Lenk, on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" squabbling with his fellow nerd villains shrieking, "Timothy Dalton should have won an Oscar and hit Roger Moore over the head with it!"

    The only actor recently who's actually scared me with his authenticity as a maniac was Vincent Gallo in "Freeway 2," playing a transvestite cannibal so understatedly that it was terrifying in its believability. Perhaps he would be a No. 2 with genuine malice.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [103]Mar 30, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    fastfilm wrote:
    I've never been able to banish the image of Tom Lenk, on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" squabbling with his fellow nerd villains shrieking, "Timothy Dalton should have won an Oscar and hit Roger Moore over the head with it!"

    The only actor recently who's actually scared me with his authenticity as a maniac was Vincent Gallo in "Freeway 2," playing a transvestite cannibal so understatedly that it was terrifying in its believability. Perhaps he would be a No. 2 with genuine malice.



    Don't even know who that is but he sounds fairly impressive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [104]Apr 20, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    Vincent Gallo is (was?) dating Polly Harvey (PJ Harvey) near your shores. He's a typically cocky, young-ish American actor, occasional director, except that he can portray genuinely, disturbingly creepy. I've forgotten the name of his movie with Christina Ricci because I never saw it.

    Tom Lenk is a young comic actor with a gift for humorous voices and timing. Joss Whedon was very wise to expand his role in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [105]Apr 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    Yeah, I remember Andrew. It was a good character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [106]Apr 22, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    You must have seen the big board....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [107]May 1, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702

    fastfilm wrote:
    You must have seen the big board....


    Big board?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lobomensch

    lobomensch

    [108]May 1, 2006
    • member since: 08/08/05
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 2,064
    Dr. Strangelove?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [109]May 2, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    The Tom Lenk "big board" rant on "Buffy" was an obvious homage to "Dr. Strangelove." The writers peppered so many amusing pop cultural references on that show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [110]May 15, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    Here are two actors that would be great for Number Two that I'm amazed I didn't suggest before, Brian Cox and Michael York. Cox would be especially cool since his first acting role as an extra in "The Prisoner".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [111]May 16, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    Ha, I sat next to Michael York last month in a theatrical production to whose charity he contributes (meaning he's a good guy in real life.) I'm afraid his Austin Powers roles may have interferred with his castibility for serious spy movies.  How about Alan Rickman as the ultimate ever #2? Intelligent malice incarnate!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lobomensch

    lobomensch

    [112]May 16, 2006
    • member since: 08/08/05
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 2,064
    That would also apply to David Warner, has an equally menacing voice and disposition in playing villains.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [113]May 18, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    lobomensch wrote:
    That would also apply to David Warner, has an equally menacing voice and disposition in playing villains.


    Very true!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [114]May 18, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    fastfilm wrote:
    Ha, I sat next to Michael York last month in a theatrical production to whose charity he contributes (meaning he's a good guy in real life.) I'm afraid his Austin Powers roles may have interferred with his castibility for serious spy movies. How about Alan Rickman as the ultimate ever #2? Intelligent malice incarnate!


    For me, there can be only one ultimate Number Two: Patrick McGoohan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [115]May 19, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    But he's #1!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fastfilm

    fastfilm

    [116]May 19, 2006
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,952
    Seriously, whenever they cast the former hero character as the new villain or "#2" in a remake, it really seems to be grating ("Mission Impossible," "The Miracle Worker," etc.)  I CANNOT see # 6 to have been so thoroughly compromised to become a #2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusF

    GusF

    [117]May 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 38
    • rank: Squarepants
    • posts: 2,702
    fastfilm wrote:
    Seriously, whenever they cast the former hero character as the new villain or "#2" in a remake, it really seems to be grating ("Mission Impossible," "The Miracle Worker," etc.) I CANNOT see # 6 to have been so thoroughly compromised to become a #2.


    He could always play another character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.