The Professionals Forums

ITV (ended 1983)

A Pros Poll

Who or what, for you, is the show's main draw?

pirategennie

[1]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 10

Sure it's never that simple, but pretend it is, and vote accordingly!  Let's see how you feel about the Pros.

g

P.s. They only give room for five choices.  My answer you will see, but in fact I watched originally for Gordon Jackson, the only cast member I knew, and later became enamored of... you'll see.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[2]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 19
    Gordon Jackson is fantastic but I do like the ensemble. Doyle was my favourite when i was a kid and watching the show but as an adult I realise they are all superb.

Nobody has voted for Bodie! But he's so funny.

pirategennie

[3]Oct 15, 2006

mermayd wrote:
    Gordon Jackson is fantastic but I do like the ensemble. Doyle was my favourite when i was a kid and watching the show but as an adult I realise they are all superb. Nobody has voted for Bodie! But he's so funny.

i soon came to love doyle... and for some reason rather disliked bodie.  he was best when he was trying to do accents; he wasn't good at it but as you say, he was funny!  he was also VERY good in the episode in which doyle is shot in the heart.  he could've blown that but was absolutely real.  i think acting with shaw helped him a lot, actually.

when i came to write a pros/quantum leap crossover novella (and NO, i didn't leap sam into any of the pros characters!) i had to find a reason to like bodie, so i gave him some history to explain his sometimes less than admirable behavior (remember the ku klux klan episode?  actually you might not... i don't think it was ever aired, or maybe it was aired just once!  i was lucky and saw it in japan, and taped it... and most of my pros tapes have vanished, alas.)  so people reading my novella who have no previous liking for or perhaps knowledge of bodie do hate him at the start but hopefully come to like him by the end.

g

CynanRees

[4]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 12
    The 3 of them are equally brilliant. I could watch just them and noone else, they're that good. 

pirategennie

[5]Nov 3, 2006

CynanRees wrote:
    The 3 of them are equally brilliant. I could watch just them and noone else, they're that good. 

might sit down and watch that with ya!

g

Emily6879760

[6]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    i love the professionals Bodie was my favorite mainly because Doyle was annoying.
    Edited on 02/18/2008 1:14pm