The Rachael Ray Show

Weekdays 8:00 AM on CBS Premiered Sep 18, 2006 In Season

SrRui

The Rachael Ray Show Fan Reviews (229)

5.6
  • Rude Rachael and her interruptions

I have noticed for many years that Rachael constantly interrupts her guests. While she monitors one of her guests cooking a recipe, she constantly interrupts and cuts them off, acting like a" KNOW IT ALL". There are times that I would like to hear what her guests have to say, but they can't even finish a sentence while Rachael opens her big mouth. She is totally rude. It's hard to believe that her producers have not taken care of this problem. Also, she brags and incessantly mentions her mother, her husband, her dog, and her heritage.

Now it's her new 2015-2016 season, and I see that she is still interrupting her guests. What's with the "sure, sure, sure" and the "right, right, right"? Also,a commercial is played in which she and some of her audience members are doing some kind of a dance around her cooking area, and she lets out a ridiculous, immature, high pitched scream. She is so immature.

It's always "all about her" when she interrupts a guest and has to mention herself. She is rude, obnoxious, and immature, and she doesn't even seem to get it.
  • general comments

You notice that when she talks to guests and when preparing meals she is perky and laughs and smiles. However when it's one on one questions with her and the audience she is very serious, unsmiling. And almost bored/mean and doesn't engage in conversation. Why does she bother. It's almost like bothering her and she rushes people along to end the forced interaction. Sometims seems mean

OMG!!! All these comments are HILARIOUS!!!! Laughing at the "right,right, right" and "sure,sure. Also on this episode she consistently interrupted Emeril. He could barely finish a sentence without being cut of I agree, Rachel needs to be on a makeover segment. Get something new other than a black blazer, jeans and ugly black boots/runners. How about wearing hair in a ponytail or off the face when cooking? Aren't cooks/chefs supposed to wear hats or have their hair back etc? How about some nice dresses and heels or something colourful? Yes I agree Rachel does interrupt her guests and then proceeds to tell us an example of her husband in that situation etc.

Why can't the wardrobe and hair people be adventurouse and use clips and elastic bands with her hair and put something else on her other than jeans etc And.. she says she goes to the gym? obviously just for exercise purposes and not for actual weight loss.
  • No Guest

I orig loved the show.. I think she'd do so much better if no guest, no interviewing.. Just cook..
  • cancel please

Rachel is annoying always talks over her guest! TAKE HER OFF!
  • Enough!

Like so many others, I wish Rachael would shut up- enough already! She admits that she is a cook, not a chef, yet can't let the professionals finish a thought- she has to jump in to prove she knows it all. Same if the guest is a doctor, beauty expert, actor, -whatever- she knows it all! Why even have any guests? She must have some fans, since the show is in its 10th season. Given that, doesn't she think they have heard her stories often enough? Like how to score meat to make the perfect burger, shaving garlic Pauley thin, living in the Adirondacks, slathering something delicious all over her arm & eating it, she & John got married in Italy, he's a lawyer, musician & a mixologist, her mama is a little Sicilian woman, she was an ice cream girl- right, right, right- sure, sure, sure!!! Enough! The show needs to be done! I saw a repeat the other day with her girlfriend G doing a few hairdos- don't know which of them says "literally" more- so annoying! And I agree that her hair needs to be pulled off her face. Her best hairstyle was on 30 Minute Meals when she had it layered/feathered & about chin/mid-neck length.

So the show has been renewed- not sure how because she didn't learn anything over the summer- still as loud, disruptive & obnoxious as ever!

The latest phrase she needs to drop is that "she's literally drooling" over whatever she or a guest is making! Very unappetizing to even visualize that! And again- the overuse of the word "literally".

2/15/17-recycling at its worst: aluminum foil pants! Who is her stylist? And her comments about her pit bull daughter when the couple with 4 little adopted girls were on were inappropriate - guess she'll never learn!
  • Rachael is a true narcissist

"I" this and "Me" that. We get it Rachael, you've experienced every single thing ANY person has done EVER and your story is more important then your guests. She is simply an awful interviewer. She talks over everyone and her voice is so straining, it's uncomfortable to listen to. I have never yelled "SHUT UP" at my tv until I watched this show. She is absolutely disrespectful to her guests, and "one upping" them, which she does constantly. Please NBC read all these reviews which say the same thing and at the very least bring to her attention and at the very most get a new CHEF to host the show or send her to classes to understand what being a gracious, respectful host entails.
  • why do you interrupt all your guests

Why do you interrupt all your guests and repeat everything they say when they're trying to talk. That is so rude and annoying to watch you do this on every show. Here's a clue. Take a look at your tapes, and see what everyone is complaining about. NOT A FAN ANYMORE
  • SHUT UP RACHAEL!!!

WEEEEE KNOW RACHAEL, you have small boobs, you never look down in the shower, your husband loves to mix cocktails and you have a non-human child!!! Why do you feel the need to tell us these things on nearly every show???? And why do you have to interrupt every guest to tell us???? Please shut up long enough for your guests to answer questions, speak about their recipes and maintain some sense of dignity!! You are RUDE and you need to learn what the word GUEST means!!!
  • Why is this show still on??

1.5
    I know it couldn't just be I am home I watch the Chew and her show cannot stand only is her shrilly, loud voice beyond annoying, she constantly interrupts her guests and finishes their sentences and talks over is a class act and he almost pulled it the obnoxious, narcissus just wouldn't allow it. Why does she have any guests? I am embarrassed for them. She always has to have the last of her recipes are just doesn't get I don't understand why this show is still would rather watch Pinky and The Brain!

• Right, right, right

1.5
    Someone please get her off the air. I am going to scream if she says this one more time. That is the rudest thing to hear, it sounds like she is rushing what the guest had to say. I used to like her but I just can't stand her anymore. Doesn't she have a boss!
  • Goodbye Rude Rachel Ray! Your INTERRUPTIONS are killing me!

I would like to invite Rachel Ray to sit down and watch her own show WITHOUT saying a word! I would like for her to see how much she cuts off other people as they are talking with her own comments and NEVERending interruptions every 15 seconds or so. I have never seen a host anywhere seem to be so hungry for attention. Rachel Ray, your NAME is already on the show title, you HAVE our attention sweetie. As i have seen by these other comments, I am not the only one who is being driven away due to this problem. It's one thing to have an interactive conversation but that talking over others every 15 seconds is just too much. Once I watched a gentleman guest ignore her and continue to talk when she did this. I actually applauded in my living room! But Rachel kept on doing it and I had to turn the channel. I may tune in every now and then but I will be turning the channel once Rude Rachel" shows up which ought to take about 15 seconds after a guest begins to speak! And by the way, what's with the off-color stuff that I never remember from the old days? When did this start? So every time someone says "balls" we're going to her her comment on this and then giggle like a teenager? Seriously?

• Rachael Rude Ray

OMG, No guest gets a word in edgewise. Rachael will drown them out with loud boisterous talk overs. Please take it down a notch or two gal. Today the Agent was trying to explain the safety apps for your phone and she talked over him. Producers muzzle her mouth.
  • Why can't she stop talking over her guests!!!!!

I find it difficult to watch her at times. She constantly talks over her guests; always talks about herself. She doesn't seem to be able to control herself. Poor thing. She does have great food recipes/ ideas but the lack of social skills is hard to watch.
  • Tone it down and be courteous to your guests

Not only does Rachael interrupt, she finishes sentences. She has a new thing I have noticed .. flailing her arms and hands when she talks. She blocks her guests faces with her hands and many times I have seen them duck out of the way so they don't get smacked . If I hear one more time why she likes hot sauce, the corn on the cob story, her husband and carbonara, mamachello, or any other repetitive story I will puke. Her food, I think, is for the most part unhealthy, full of cheese and carbs. All that would be ok if she wasn't so abrasive loud and boorish. Try this, let your guests speak, ask your questions from your little card and let them be. You have been at this for 10 years it's not all about you all the time. We notice, it's a train wreck.
  • talking

1.5
    stop talking and interrupting your guest my god you're driving me nuts stop talking stop talking stop talking
  • This show just needs to end

I really liked the show, but anymore it's just hard to watch. She is constantly interrupting her guest, and you can feel the awkwardness. She's just rude. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but she is. She has gotten so obnoxious. Part of me feels like she's just not caring anyone. I liked her a lot more when she just had her thirty minute meals show.

Update 02/03/2016

I've been given the show another shot. Mainly because don't have cable, and it's what's on. I was watching a few minutes ago and just had to turn it off. It was unbearable. I'm not exaggerating. It felt like I was being tortured into watching it. It' sad too, because I used to really like her. I liked all her shows on food network, and I liked this one the first few seasons when it started. Something, I don't what, really went down hill. I'm done watching it.
  • wrong,wrong,wrong,wrong,wrong !

Right,right,right,right,right,right, that is just the latest in ANNOYING,rude behavior Rachael Rays show has become honestly cannot understand why producers don't do something about it !!! You're losing viewers Everyday!! I used to be a huge . fan,since way back when she started with 30 minute meals,but, I literally can't sit through a whole episode anymore. I'll tune in to see a certain guest and I don't even know why since I KNOW I will not get to hear a word from them for her constant interrupting, screaming over them and finishing their sentences!! It is SO FRUSTRATING ! It's absolutely out of control and the fact that the network does nothing about it has me completely perplexed !! I personally know people in the double digits who've stopped watching,plus I see more and more of these forums about it, can't believe it hasn't been cancelled yet !!! I can't take it anymore,so I am officially done watching. Lately,you can even see the exasperation on some of the guests faces, how do producers NOT see this ????!!!!!!
  • Stop talking...

5.5
    Why do you even bother having guests when you don't let them talk? It has gotten worse and I feel bad for them. I used to like your show, not any more.
  • Bad Bad Bad

I thought maybe I might be alone in my opinion of Rachael's behavior lately. But apparently not! I just need to add that her constant interruptions, saying right right right, yah, yah, yah, and sure, sure, sure are not only annoying but disrespectful to her guests. I think that the directors should take the time to read this very clear that many folks feel the same about Rachael. Good Lord, give us a break!

• keeps interrupting

I used to like her show. Not anymore. She NEVER EVER lets her guests talk. She keeps interrupting and its so annoying. You are very rude.
  • STOP IT!!!!

I really like the show but it's so annoying when she talks over everyone. She asks a good question then she answers it for them! SHUT UP for a few seconds!
  • She who interrupts......

2.5
    First let me start by saying, I liked her cooking shows, and like Rachael when she is in her element (the kitchen). However, when you put her on a show where she interviews celebrities' or does ANYTHING besides cooking it is the WORST. It is awkward, rude, annoying and certainly not cute to constantly interrupt the guests and talk about yourself, again and again and againnnn.

I signed up just to type this comment, I had to get this off my chest and wanted to share a fun game. Very simple. Just have some friends over, and drink every time Rachael Ray interrupts a guest or audience member! Its great fun! And trust me.... You all will be drunk within the first twenty minutes!
  • Hag....

She is a greedy, loud, obnoxious, schlepper of BS. Her cookbooks, cookware, and dog food is medicore. I have never bought any of her crap. I prefer not to waste my money enabling an arrogant narcissist..

Her show is utterly nauseating to watch.

Wish this con artist would go away.

• Rachael Ray: the Queen of Interruptions & Bad Manners

Rachael - just SHUT UP when your guests are talking! There! I'm being just as rude as you..

I just channel surfed and happened to catch you interrupting Tori Spelling as Tori was trying - I repeat, TRYING, to show how to make some Christmas crafts.

It was so annoying, I just shut the tv off.
  • SHE DOESN'T STOP TALKING OVER PEOPLE!!

How RUDE - I like her cooking and ideas she has, HATE the fact she has great guests on the show and talks over them!!! I want to hear what THEY have to say!!

Someone has to coach this lady! Don't producers/writers see it? Is she that spoilt and arrogant that she won't listen?? Good Grief - like one reviewer said, I have never shouted SHUT up to my tv before i started watching her.

I specifically as well signed up for this site just to voice my opinion about it as well.

/rant off
  • TG I'm not the only one!

I was looking for a site to vent my frustrations with this show. I used to love watching this show, but in the last couple of seasons, it's almost unbearable. I agree with everyone else in that she constantly interrupts & is incredibly rude when her guests try to talk. I was watching her today & the guest was James almost died when she kept interrupting him. :( She needs a wake-up call with regard to common courtesy & she is not Oprah, nor would Oprah conduct herself this way.
  • PLEASE - CALM HER DOWN!!

The show actually has potential as the content's not bad for daytime - however - she's a nightmare! She constantly contradicts, interrupts, and treats guests as though they were interns from CIA. AND THE SCREAMING - those poor people in the control room. I thought there might be help for her when she started this season and seemed to have more guests to distract the attention of the TV audience. Sadly, she attempts to and manages, in most cases, to steal the spotlight from EVERYONE around her - even Jacques Pepin and Emeril. Perhaps she has a control issue or confidence. Either way - I'm over RR as are most of my friends. Sorry CBS.
  • Her Voice!

This show is awful. I made an account on this site just so I could write a review. That is how bad I think this show is! I was watching the Easter episode, the guest she had was going into detail about a recipe that called for a chocolate bunny's head to be chopped off. You'd think Rachael was on 2nd grade! Not only could her guest not get a complete sentence in edge wise, she was so giddy about cutting the head off her bunny. Like "ohh look at the clean cut I got" then a recipe called for the bunnies to be placed in a blender: once again 2nd grade! Rachael screaming (yes screaming, that's all the woman knows how to do) how it's like a murder scene. Really? It's food on your show! She was so obnoxious & so rude to her guest I changed the channel. I felt bad for her guest! I'm sure he was wishing she'd shut up. Idk how adults watch this show & I'm not real sure why it's still being aired. A lot of shows that are bad are like train wrecks, really bad but can't look away. Not the case for this show. I couldn't change the channel fast enough.
  • Use to love this

her constant interruptions is grating on my nerves. I'm trying to understand what her guests are saying, but her mouth keeps interrupting them. I don't know why people would come back for a second guest spot.

I no longer watch the show... rather watch Pioneer woman, soothing voice and easy to follow recipes.... mmm yum. Sorry Rachael.... But your absolutely rude to your guests, your voice grates on my nerves.
  • Please stop talking

4.5
    I have always enjoyed Rachel Ray and her show but the constant talking over guests has made me stop watching. She is like a 3 year old who interrupts the adults constantly. No one can finish a sentence. I thought it was just me but many thanks to others who see her the same way. Hopefully she will change her behavior!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8