The Rachael Ray Show

Weekdays 8:00 AM on CBS Premiered Sep 18, 2006 In Season

The Rachael Ray Show Fan Reviews (120)

6.6
  • Please stop talking

4.5
    I have always enjoyed Rachel Ray and her show but the constant talking over guests has made me stop watching. She is like a 3 year old who interrupts the adults constantly. No one can finish a sentence. I thought it was just me but many thanks to others who see her the same way. Hopefully she will change her behavior!
  • Sitting in studio.....

After waiting outside in the rain and cold for over 3 hours my friends and I were first in line for the last show of the day. We watched 2 other groups of audience members leave the studio with gift bags of goodies, needless to say we were excited. When we were finally taken in and given a color and put in the holding area, again we were excited until they started calling the color on the were the last group to be called in and ended up in the last row! I think we should have had seats closer to the set, considering where we were in line. Rachael seemed very nice. We got all excited about what kind of goodies were going to receive after seeing the last 2 got a magazine! I personally was a little disappointed and we waited to get tickets for almost 2 years!
  • Well, I'd certainly would have liked to post a review about the show ...

... but we were turned away! After the great amount of time and expense of getting there (and back home later) - and arriving plenty early - we and several others at the back of the line were denied entrance to the show. We were offered guaranteed seats if we returned, but no thanks. So we took a cab to Chelsea Market and ended up later on at Eataly - probably had a nicer time anyway. I'll find better ways to spend my time and money than sitting through the RR show.
  • Please Let Guest Talk

I use to really like this show.. RR has always been loud but seems to be getting so out of hand that she's become down right rude & obnoxious toward guest.. Is it because they now make her have a guest host?
  • SHUT UP RACHAEL!!!

WEEEEE KNOW RACHAEL, you have small boobs, you never look down in the shower, your husband loves to mix cocktails and you have a non-human child!!! Why do you feel the need to tell us these things on nearly every show???? And why do you have to interrupt every guest to tell us???? Please shut up long enough for your guests to answer questions, speak about their recipes and maintain some sense of dignity!! You are RUDE and you need to learn what the word GUEST means!!!
  • Right, right, right

1.5
    Someone please get her off the air. I am going to scream if she says this one more time. That is the rudest thing to hear, it sounds like she is rushing what the guest had to say. I used to like her but I just can't stand her anymore. Doesn't she have a boss!
  • The doctor is wrong!!!

I love this show sorry if you dont. I am watching the show about diseases re emerging and common problems like Lyme disease. I wanted to point out that you can have Lyme disease and NOT have the tale tale sign of the bullseye mark. My step son had Lyme disease as a child and never had that mark. The doctor said it is not always present. The show made it sound like it is. Just saying.
  • Her Voice!

This show is awful. I made an account on this site just so I could write a review. That is how bad I think this show is! I was watching the Easter episode, the guest she had was going into detail about a recipe that called for a chocolate bunny's head to be chopped off. You'd think Rachael was on 2nd grade! Not only could her guest not get a complete sentence in edge wise, she was so giddy about cutting the head off her bunny. Like "ohh look at the clean cut I got" then a recipe called for the bunnies to be placed in a blender: once again 2nd grade! Rachael screaming (yes screaming, that's all the woman knows how to do) how it's like a murder scene. Really? It's food on your show! She was so obnoxious & so rude to her guest I changed the channel. I felt bad for her guest! I'm sure he was wishing she'd shut up. Idk how adults watch this show & I'm not real sure why it's still being aired. A lot of shows that are bad are like train wrecks, really bad but can't look away. Not the case for this show. I couldn't change the channel fast enough.
  • Does anyone read her these???

Please I hope someone is communications to her the comments her fans leave! I hope this forum is not wasted! She needs to watch one of her shows to see how how rude and loud she cones across! How she repeats everything her guest say which makes her appear insecure. She is do loud and over enthusiastic that it comes across phoney embarrassing! I fast forward,AOT but miss what the guest are says g cus if her! Does she have a medical problem? Or is it a ego problem?? The show has give to her needs to cook more and not talk to guest or interview she has NO SKILL whatsoever i talking to think cooking is her back to it!! Stop screaming please!!! The Easter show I was so embarrassed for she helped that guy make those shakes from CHOCO was unbelievable!!.
  • The show is going the way of Jerry Springer

So the other day she had three women on to share what was bothering them about their bodies in a bathing suit. One woman's nasty daughters in the audience had pointed out to their mom that she had 'camel toe'. . On a show last week the discussion was focusing on the color of our bowel movements. She had a doctor (?) mixing what looked like chocolate pudding with other colored mush to demonstrate what happens when we eat, say, kale. UNBELIEVABLE. We needed to see props to understand this? I was excited when my work schedule changed and I could finally see this show. It took about 1-2 weeks before I was done with it. The constant squealing. The rush-to-the-bottom topics of discussion. Gross.
  • She's too loud!

I feel the same way as the woman wrote below. I just had her show on in the background and she was grinding up the bunnies and getting such fake delight in her juvenile actions. She gets so loud and so out of control it is unbearable. I could hear her screaming in the other room. The guy put chocolate into some croissants and she was screaming, yes screaming, how brilliant he was! Really? Brilliant!? The French have been doing it forever. All the screaming they have the audience do is horrid as well. She talks over her guests all the time and has to be center stage. She is overly effusive to everyone to the point where what she says does not appear authentic or genuine. Everything is so fake, from the audience to her. Obviously no one reads this as the same comments have been presented over and over about how rude she is. I guess obviously people don't care since she stays on the air. I will not watch this show. I will look for something to watch that is more authentic and peaceful. I guess you have to be an irritating loudmouth to be successful on these shows like Carla Hall, Rachael, and Guy Fieri. All the daytime shows now seem to have constant fake clapping and the loud screaming voices of women in the audience. Makes me miss the soap operas...
  • Use to love this

her constant interruptions is grating on my nerves. I'm trying to understand what her guests are saying, but her mouth keeps interrupting them. I don't know why people would come back for a second guest spot.

I no longer watch the show... rather watch Pioneer woman, soothing voice and easy to follow recipes.... mmm yum. Sorry Rachael.... But your absolutely rude to your guests, your voice grates on my nerves.
  • Should be called the Rachael Ray assemblyline

I have been repeatedly invited via email solicitations to attend the Rachael Ray Show but I went to a taping in 2007 and didn't enjoy it then so I have consistently ignored the emails. I was offered to go again and my fianc and sister thought it would be fun so we all agreed to go. I wish I would have stuck to my original instinct of deleting the emails.

It's not fun, it's an unpaid job that you take on many expenses to attend and are treated like part of an assembly line.

Initially you stand outside regardless of the weather and once you're invited inside, you endure their robotic process and after security, you enter a room where you are invited to have a bottle of water and to stand on more lines. They know that they will have an audience of 140 but only have seating for maybe 100 the most. Unfortunately after standing on line for so long, you more than likely will have to use the restroom and it's disgusting and the ladies room had 4 stalls but only 3 worked, it makes your elementary school's bathroom in Brooklyn look like a palace.

Once you get inside, please be prepared to work, you are the puppet and they need you to fake laugh, clap constantly until you feel like your arms will give, moan and groan, and be a part of their robotic production. You will more than likely have to watch just as you do at home, on the TV. The entire time I was at the show, I looked at the TV's from the ceiling to see what was going on. Rachael is a talented woman and I am very happy that she is as successful as she is but the production was so emotionless and staged, she looked tired and not interested, genuinely burnt out. After you are told what to do for hours, smell great food that you don't eat, you are instructed you can finally leave- trust me that was the best part of the show. Then you can go and pay for parking, pay for the train, and go buy lunch- to visit the show it's expensive even if the ticket is free.

My suggestions to the good folks who make so much money from this show off of people like us:

Renovate the bathrooms; it doesn't hurt to treat the ones who keep you all in business with a little class. We shouldn't have to be ushered into those dreary nonworking disgusting holes.

Have seating that could actually accommodate your guest, if you anticipate 140, create seating for 150 giving people room and a rest after standing on line to be in this show.

Offer a substantial snack before the taping, it is hard to sit for 3 hours after standing for 1 hour during lunch hours, typically it blocks your time from 11am-3pm and you smell food cooking, your hungry, and you have to remain a clapping puppet. If you offer food ahead of time, it wouldn't feel so torturous.

I understand that you all don't have giveaways everyday but it would be an amazing gesture to at least have an autographed thank you from Rachael with maybe the recipes from that taping on it. Or with the entire cross promotion you do, why not get some of those companies to cover the expense of a snack.

Allow the audience to ask Rachael a few questions and maybe even her guest. Obviously you couldn't do it for every audience member but if you even allowed 3 questions per segment (off camera) just to give us an experience instead of a job.

Work out a deal with the parking garage that maybe your audience members who show a ticket pay $20 for the taping, that would give the nearest garage an opportunity to keep all of your guest as business and it would lower our expenses to be your audience. Many of us have to take off of work, pay gas, tolls, parking, LIRR, metro, etc, get lunch because of the amount of hours, it would be nice to see that our expenses to support you were thought about.

I understand not all of us will get prime seating, we actually had the worst. We were in the back row with people, cameras, lighting, etc blocking our view. For your guests who obviously have to fill that spot, maybe make sure they have an experience that isn't so horrific even if it's Rachael walking up just to say hi.

Rachael and the staff with the exception of Joey Cola (honestly felt like I came to the Joey Cola show, he was great, I almost forgot it was the Rachael Ray show) look so tired, maybe you all should consider taping less segments per day. Walking away from there, I wouldn't even want to watch the show nevermind ever attend again. It was just exhausting for us, and they showed they were exhausted.

Play a game, maybe a Rachael Q&A for randomly selected guest and allow them to be the taste testers of the food she cooks. It sucks for the audience to sit and watch her cook and watch them shoo it away. If a guest comes to your house, you offer them something to eat or drink, don't treat your guest so badly.

Lastly, remember the words that Rachael says at the ending of every show. We do keep you working, we do support, watch, attend, purchase, google, etc to make sure that this show is a success. Your treatment of your guest should reflect that. It shouldn't be such an assembly line puppeteer type of feeling.

• Rachel Interrupt show

Used to love her show buy why can't she let her guests talk or explain a recipe without her constant interruption, Just now she screamed out that a timer was going off during an interview. how rude I'm sure someone knew the alarm went off, RR didn't have to scare her guest.
  • Guests

Rachael, I love your show and watch it all the time: but! You should watch some of your episodes and see how bad you are to talk over and for your guests!! You always answer for them or but in and finish the answers. This is annoying. I will keep watching but please stop interrupting your guests.
  • cancel please

Rachel is annoying always talks over her guest! TAKE HER OFF!
  • Rude Rachael and her interruptions

I have noticed for many years that Rachael constantly interrupts her guests. While she monitors one of her guests cooking a recipe, she constantly interrupts and cuts them off, acting like a "KNOW IT ALL". There are times that I would like to hear what her guests have to say, but they can't even finish a sentence while Rachael opens her big mouth. She is totally rude. It's hard to believe that her producers have not taken care of this problem. Also, she brags and incessantly mentions her mother and her heritage.

Today I was watching her throw back Thurs. show. I actually got a headache listening to her and fast forwarded parts of the show. She constantly interrupted her guests who were making recipes. She repeats what they say right after they say it. She is so loud and animated that it is sickening. Along with being rude, obnoxious, and ill-mannered, I think she has ADHD. I cannot stand to listen to her.
  • STOP IT!!!!

I really like the show but it's so annoying when she talks over everyone. She asks a good question then she answers it for them! SHUT UP for a few seconds!
  • Loudmouth!

I am retired and occasionally watch the Rachel Ray show. I've consistently noticed that she has a penchant to interrupt her guests when they are explaining something. Further, she needs to bring her voice down several decibels. She has gotten to the point where I am thinking of watching Dr. Oz on a competing channel.
  • My tomato soup

Hi, I just want to say that I tried RRs tomato soup with fried spaghetti, I didn't pure it and left all chopped vegetables to taste. This was the BEST soup I have made in a long time! I'm new to RR and will continue checking out new recipes. The pics of the soup r on my fb page if u would like to c them.

Also I'd like to add that I am not a cook and rarely make things as I'm by myself and just eat what's on hand !!!!
  • NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Hi Rachael, u had a past guest was a lady author, she wrote a book for teens i need the name to the book. Thanks
  • Media Insiders Mobile endorsed by the Krazy Coupon Lady! Thank you Rachel Ray!

What a shout out from KCL on the Rachel Ray Show to Media Insiders Mobile.

Find Media Insiders Mobile on google play or for iOS or PC go to to register and download.

Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter @mediainsiders
  • Rachael Ray shut up!

I have tried several times to watch Rachel Ray Show because she has great guest speaking on things that interest me. However, I have to turn it off because she keeps interrupting! She needs to shut up and let her guest speak. Again, I turned her off!
  • Rachael take it down a notch,or you end up with no audience!

4.5
    I notice myself screaming a the TV shut-up! My dog thinks I'm crazy. Today her one of her assistants Grant was making 60 second snacks. As he was throwing ingredients and the blender was whirling, anh was trying to tell us what he was using she is screaming out how much time he had left and how much an ingredients "delicious" in that high pitched shrill, she has adopted. Sometimes I mute her because I can't take it any more. The worst is when she asks a question, but doesn't let the person answer because her BIG EGO has to give her opinion.

Rachael, get a grip on yourself. Where are her producers? Don't they see she's running the show into the ground?

And by the way, I'm Italian, I don't scream and interrupt people. Please don't put that stereo-type on the rest of us. It's insulting!! No one in my family acts like that.
  • Talking over her guest!!

I find my self yelling "shut up" because I want to her what her guest are saying. I used to love her show but I must say her loud voice that drowns out the guest is to much. "I know right" that's the other thing that drives me crazy!!
  • interruption queen

I have had mixed feelings about Rachael for years. In a magazine several years ago, she said, she doesn't like quiet people. And it's because she's Italian". Well, I am Italian. And I can be loud, yet usually quiet, to listen and respect others. Rachael, you are rude. On today's show and you and Elizabeth Hasselback were so loud and obnoxious, the dog started barking. Then you interrupted the woman talking about manicures so often, I didn't learn a thing. Italian, no. A lack of manners and class.
  • loud mouth

I can't stand watching Rachel Ray any longer, I thought I was the only one who thought she was annoying and loud,she always interrupts her guest and why doesn't she get a manicure for God's sake she's on television and they show her hands ,her nails always look dirty . Stopped watching no thanks.
  • It's become a talk show.

I love 30 minute meals. Rachel is focused and doing her passion. Your show has lost its intent. It's supposed to be about cooking and teaching. It's become something I don't want to watch anymore. Get back to your passion. It's a talk show, we have enough of those. Your not good at sharing your stage. You've become a know it all. I will still watch 30 minute meals. Don't forget were you came from. So many people do. Sad:(
  • Volume Control !!!

Rachel needs to stop yelling over every guest! This is really rude and annoying. I see that many other people have written about this as just couldn't take it anymore. It almost seems like she's drunk or something. I have to change the channel.
  • Rach, please read your reviews and learn from what people are telling you.....

First time a I ever left a comment on anyone. It's just hard to watch her show. Hers guests are usually good. But...... ( She obviously doesn't read her We are all thinking and saying the same things. Rach is LOUD! And she constantly interrupts her guests. She always needs to make sure everyone hears her.... Lower it a notch! Let your guest finish what they are saying. You don't need to follow everything up with a loud comment and obnoxious laugh. In another review someone said it "You are the only one who thinks it's funny! "