The Rat Patrol

ABC (ended 1968)

jokipper

The Rat Patrol Fan Reviews (2)

7.9
  • We're basically talking about a small team of allied soldiers undertaking harassing and disruptive missions behind Rommel's Afrika Corps lines. The plots were fun, action packed, and the good guys always won.

This was one of the funnest, cleanest shows on TV in the 60's, and a nice break from what was typically a western or family sitcom. It introduced Hans Gudegast (aka: Eric Braeden) to the world, and I'm sure the soap fans know him well. I was never disappointed when watching this show, except that I thought it should be a full hour, rather than thirty minutes. It may not have always been historically correct, but it was a "feel good" show that entertained adults and children alike. My folks used to complain about all the shooting going on, but I never thought it was any more violent then some of the "shoot em up" westerns. I also remember one interesting tidbit: the British were miffed at the very small role they were given in all this North Africa campaign fighting - one token Sergeant!